Home The Bridge
Options

Does crew stats really matter when it comes to winning battle in gauntlet?

edited March 2021 in The Bridge
This screenshot clearly shows gauntlet battles are toss up and crew stats play very little if anything in outcome of battle.
ynf28b9kcd4k.png
p4apts6i8y2u.png
g4ubsubwbnvw.png

Both are 25% for this battle, while the stats of kor i did battle with my be higher do to clan bonuses they weren't that much higher than the proficiency stats of kor in screenshot above, Kahless proficiency at 223-614 is atleast 2x that of Kor's proficiency.
I have had multiple losses where my crews stats were 3 and even 4 times that of the opponents crew, the majority of the losses come on streaks of 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.

I will add before anyone ask, yes my crew/ kahless was at 100%

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    This screenshot clearly shows gauntlet battles are toss up and crew stats play very little if anything in outcome of battle.
    ynf28b9kcd4k.png
    p4apts6i8y2u.png
    g4ubsubwbnvw.png

Both are 25% for this battle, while the stats of kor i did battle with my be higher do to clan bonuses they weren't that much higher than the proficiency stats of kor in screenshot above, Kahless proficiency at 223-614 is atleast 2x that of Kor's proficiency.
    I have had multiple losses where my crews stats were 3 and even 4 times that of the opponents crew, the majority of the losses come on streaks of 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.

Kahless was fatigued. (He already had battled at least one round in gauntlet before this battle.

Also you do not know the starbase boost of your opponent.
    People have to remember when the chance to Crit is equal. The crit chance makes the odds closer to 50 50. That is there is an equal chance for your opponent to crit once more than you. This works against when your stats are better and for you when your stats are not better.

Kahless was not fatigued, this lose was on third battle with this being kahless first battle, two seperate crew were used in two previous battles.

I couldn't remember opponents stats and has i said in original post while the stats of kor i did battle with may be higher do to clan bonuses they weren't that much higher than the proficiency stats of kor in screenshot above nor would they be much higher even if opponent had maxed startbase
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Calhoun wrote: »

His min SEC roll per your own screenshot is 223 and he got rolls of 152, 197 and 228. The first two would not be possible if he was at 100% - either he was fatigued, or you equipped him subsequently.

As for your question, crew stats certainly matter, but there is also the element of random chance. There's always the risk of losing a mismatch - just as there's a chance of winning one, but the latter rarely gets mentioned.

You do make an important point. I have finished equipping people who are already in gauntlet. Their stats are not based on their current equipped state, but on what they were when they were put into the gauntlet originally.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Fundamental misunderstanding of math intensifies.

Why did this make me laugh so hard

qsbe0bxidb2f.jpeg

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    There's something like a 25% chance for this to happen. This is absolutely not out of the ordinary, and some days you may even lose all favourable matchups because that's how it works.

I've lost rounds where my opponent's 5% would crit 3 times with 3 skills against my 25% 6 skills crew that did not crit. This will definitely happen to you eventually.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the Gauntlet. You ‘ll have bad beats and miraculous victories. Frustration will abound!

And because you won't attempt the massive underdog matches you'll be convinced the odds always go against you.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It’s the Gauntlet. You ‘ll have bad beats and miraculous victories. Frustration will abound!

And because you won't attempt the massive underdog matches you'll be convinced the odds always go against you.

I play to lose quite a lot, particularly when temporary achievements are there. I can't believe how often I win a match up I think I will lose. I mean what are the odds? </rhetorical question>
  • Options
    I still say Locutus, specifically, has a secret crit bonus.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lt. Gambol wrote: »

And on what are you basing this on?
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    Lt. Gambol wrote: »

And on what are you basing this on?

A very detailed report written by special guest star Lieutenant Commander Brian Dennehy’s Daughter.