Home The Bridge
Options

Max captain level and max immortals

Thank you for the time and effort you put in new functionality in the game, appreciate it a lot.

My question is would it be a very big effort to update the game some more for us maxed out captains ?
Reached the 600 immortals today and the immortals achievement stops there. I know it is an old reward chain, made in the time there were a lot less than the more than the 1000 cards we have now.
So in my mind it would be a good idea to add a 700, 800, 900 and 1000 immortal reward chain. The rewards are not that important, the levels certainly are for long time players.

While you're at it, maybe add captain levels ? A lot of us have reached (or are very close to) 99. And somehow we loose a little bit of enthousiasm being maxed out. I myself are lvl 97, so close indeed.

We lost some players from our fleet in the last months because they reached the max in immortals and captain level and lost interest.

I know this has been asked for may times for a long time, maybe years (?)
I do not know if there is a lot of effort involved in these updates..
It seems so easy to do, certainly a lot less complex than f.i. crew retrieval !

Thank you !

Longbow

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co-signed! :) Once again. :/
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand we won’t get an increase of captains level after the ID4 debacle. An increase in the immortalization achievement would be welcome.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 and I am nowhere near either.
    Extending something when it reaches the next, logical step is just good sense. They are extending the collection milestones, why not achievements and captain levels?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately (as I’ve said before) I recognize that they’re not going to make captain level 100+, as much as I would like it. It’s a database issue, if I understand what the coders among us have said. But the immort cap is an easy one to change, and it’s just hard to understand why it wouldn’t get increased regularly.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    +1. I wonder if they could do like I have seen in other games where you hit the top level, some insignia goes next to your name, and then you reset levels and have to go through again for the next insignia to go by your name? They could even do Star Trek ranks for this game for the special insignia. Not sure how that would work with coding, or if it would just be a mess, but a way to go up levels would be nice. Increasing the level of Immortalized crew achievements would also be desired, as we keep adding new crew to the game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say no to extended achievements, but it feels like all of the new/expanded collections sort of fill the same immortalization niche, just in a more interesting way.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Cosign
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have learned a couple things reading this. I didn't know there would be a potential coding issue to extend captain levels. But at captain level 91, and actively striving to reach 99 within the year, I am okay with it staying put. Selfishly. Lol
    And another thing I wasnt aware of, because it has never effected me, is that the immortalized crew achievements stop at 600. I am at 539, and am torn. On the one hand, I am excited to see that I am so close to completing that, but on the other hand, I'm disappointed that I am so close to completing that. Lol
    The immortalized crew achievements should definitely be extended, especially with the renewed motivation to work on crew with the collections. This seems like a pretty doable fix, and it would be appreciated.
    I have really enjoyed a lot of the recent changes and additions to the game. Thank you.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    I’m all for increasing Captain level, increasing VIP level, and increasing the rewards for.... everything really, eg: number of gauntlet rounds (beyond the 20k for Locutus), and number of voyages offering rewards or incentives would be nice. Both my accounts are lev99, and they both have event wins to their name, so there isn’t much left besides interacting with the fleet, which is the only thing keeping me around anymore.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit 525 immortal (no dupes) today, and I'm L96.

So I hope that there will be some extension before I reach the max
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand we won’t get an increase of captains level after the ID4 debacle. An increase in the immortalization achievement would be welcome.

I must have missed this. I'm not looking to rehash old news, just curious what that is.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    IceCat wrote: »

I must have missed this. I'm not looking to rehash old news, just curious what that is.

I am wondering if this was when we got another set of rewards for Captain levels. At the time, I thought it was in preparation to increase the Captain level. If I was right they must have run into other problems.
    @Legate Damar has the info below. With a correction by @Navarch below him
  • Options
    +1 on this, changing the achievement can't be that difficult can it?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

ID4 was a bugged pack for Smuggler Kasidy Yates, it gave 2 items only. I think dilithium and merits so it was dilithium positive. People went crazy just like the banning and it effected people’s captains level. Things were adjusted very poorly because they don’t do regular backups and the captains level was never fixed.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

ID4 was a bugged pack for Smuggler Kasidy Yates, it gave 2 items only. I think dilithium and merits so it was dilithium positive. People went crazy just like the banning and it effected people’s captains level. Things were adjusted very poorly because they don’t do regular backups and the captains level was never fixed.

That affected VIP levels, not captain levels.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Unfortunately (as I’ve said before) I recognize that they’re not going to make captain level 100+, as much as I would like it. It’s a database issue, if I understand what the coders among us have said. But the immort cap is an easy one to change, and it’s just hard to understand why it wouldn’t get increased regularly.

Played Mafia Wars, was lvl 15,000+ when I stopped. Only thing stopping them from raising the level is there is no money in it for them so no desire to devote resources to it.

From another game:
    dodo7omqy8yu.jpeg
    Interestingly enough (but perhaps irrelevant), that game is made by one of this company’s competitors in the Trek gaming space. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

Eek. Yeah, I don't remember that. Not good.

Thank you for explaining it for me.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should tell those who have capped at 99, they can always start another account, and maybe even try "nightmare mode".

I got lucky WRG increased the immortal achievement to 600 right as I crossed that line. Now I am only 6 away from 700. Yes this needs to be addressed.

Captain level doesn't really bother me, since after a certain point you weren't getting any bonuses any more except the achievement honor. If they could correct the coding and add some bonuses back to every 10 levels (constellations, honor, etc.,) then it would be worth looking into.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    You should tell those who have capped at 99, they can always start another account, and maybe even try "nightmare mode".

I got lucky WRG increased the immortal achievement to 600 right as I crossed that line. Now I am only 6 away from 700. Yes this needs to be addressed.

Captain level doesn't really bother me, since after a certain point you weren't getting any bonuses any more except the achievement honor. If they could correct the coding and add some bonuses back to every 10 levels (constellations, honor, etc.,) then it would be worth looking into.

I thought I heard it was being rewarded but just was not displayed. So all you saw was a level increase icon. But behind the scene you got credits and chrons,?

I will try keeping an eye out for it on my 4 month old account. But only level 55 there and only a few missions not starred at all .

Gosh you said nothing about what I commented on. it is there "after a certain point you weren't getting any bonuses any more"