Home Ready Room
Options

Regular shuttle completion times?

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
I know what the event shuttle completion times are, thanks to this chart from the STT Wiki:

l68rp6voqm8l.png
My question is this: Do regular shuttle missions have the same number of minutes for completion times?

Thank you in advance for your help. 🖖
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Best Answer

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    my event shuttles as stopped at 6-7 on the above chart.
    this happens nearly every shuttle missions.
    every time i email the game people they don't know what I'm saying and don't help at all.

What the chart doesn't indicate is that shuttle failures count against you. If I recall correctly, each failure cancels out 1.5 successful shuttles. Thus if two shuttles pass (+2) and two fail (-3), it counts as a net loss of 1. Combine that with the missions continually getting harder up to a certain point. This is designed to keep players at a level where they can succeed. For example, by the time a player reaches 4K shuttles consistently, they are expected to have good enough crew to pass most of the time. If you were to get to that level without good crew, you would be consistently failing and get no points. So they lower the difficulty and lower the points if you fail a lot of missions. 1500 points for passing a lower tier is better than far fewer points for failing a high tier. I recall the first half year of playing for me I rarely got consistent 4K shuttles.

Answers

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Excuse me, I should have been more specific. I am interested in if the “time to completion” is the same at each level of completed shuttles, or if those levels are different for regular vs. event shuttles.

Also, I have read elsewhere that regular, i.e. “Non-event shuttle times start at :30 -> 2:00 -> 10:00 -> 30:00.” What I am seeking is confirmation of both times & levels.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    non event shuttles are different, 30 sec, 2 min, 10 min , 30 min, 1 hr , 1.5 hr, 3 hr
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    non event shuttles are different, 30 sec, 2 min, 10 min , 30 min, 1 hr , 1.5 hr, 3 hr

Thanks for confirming the times. Do you know what the number of successful shuttles for each time is?
  • Options
    every time i email the game people they don't know what I'm saying and don't help at all.
  • Options

That could be due to your crew strength, i.e. base scores for featured (3x) or bonus (2x) crew. Zendesk can’t help with the existing game mechanics.

It does get better.