Home The Bridge
Options

New collection- "Life Among The Stars" (Exobiology trait)

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
New collection is hot. 55+ crew with top milestone of 40. Medicine and Science buffs.
I had 24/25 to start. That explains the rampant crashes I've been having the last couple days.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Exobiology. Supposedly this collection pushed Spork past Braxton.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exobiology. Supposedly this collection pushed Spork past Braxton.

Gotta sell them packs!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow. This is awesome.
  • Options
    Done and done. Nice with some med boosts
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, should be Honor Salez.
  • Options
    Thanks for MED bonuses, WRG! They were sorely needed.
    ENG next, please! Resourceful is a huge pool, but makes sense. Saboteur is a smaller pool that might work. Or maybe expand Jury Riggers or Innovators.
    Thanks again! :)

Both of those collections need expanded, but Saboteur could add Eng and Sec buffs both. That combo, plus the expansion of the other two could raise base and prof. numbers for those skills to match Dip.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for MED bonuses, WRG! They were sorely needed.
    ENG next, please! Resourceful is a huge pool, but makes sense. Saboteur is a smaller pool that might work. Or maybe expand Jury Riggers or Innovators.
    Thanks again! :)

Both of those collections need expanded, but Saboteur could add Eng and Sec buffs both. That combo, plus the expansion of the other two could raise base and prof. numbers for those skills to match Dip.

+1 “Make it so.” 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I’m glad some Vulcans are mirror and/or exobiologists.
  • Options
    I’m glad some Vulcans are mirror and/or exobiologists.

Diplomats and inspiring too.
  • Options
    looks like forra gegen isn’t completely useless anymore :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Neither is Edward Larkin. 😆
  • Options

I airlocked this card straight after the event to make space :s I'll never get rid of anyone ever again!!!
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options

I airlocked this card straight after the event to make space :s I'll never get rid of anyone ever again!!!

I saw where someone did something similar right before they added or expanded a collection when I was a very new player. I have NEVER airlocked a non-duplicate as a result. I figure they will all be in collections eventually. This means they all have value and they could always rerun an Event.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I refuse to ever airlock a crew that isn't a duplicate. A lot will have some value eventually. Either through an event or collection, most likely.
  • Options

I considered it during his event months ago however I had the crew slots so I kept him ... I still haven’t worked on him but that’ll change now.
  • Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    This is why I refuse to ever airlock a crew that isn't a duplicate. A lot will have some value eventually. Either through an event or collection, most likely.

I try and do this too but I have no slots, even with the recent slot sale, and I've previously lost cards that I want but that have timed out waiting for a new spot to open up, so I sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and space cards that at the present moment don't fill a requirement. They'll all come around again eventually, or so I've been told...

I did exactly the same thing with Pugilist Q, no one rated him so I airlocked him twice in the space of a couple of weeks, and then very shortly after the Q collection launched. Double dumbass on me, I suppose.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I try and do this too but I have no slots, even with the recent slot sale, and I've previously lost cards that I want but that have timed out waiting for a new spot to open up, so I sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and space cards that at the present moment don't fill a requirement. They'll all come around again eventually, or so I've been told...

I did exactly the same thing with Pugilist Q, no one rated him so I airlocked him twice in the space of a couple of weeks, and then very shortly after the Q collection launched. Double dumbass on me, I suppose.

Fair enough. My advice to you is to try to finish and freeze as many crew as you can. I'm not sure where in the game you are at, but focus on the Fully Fused (1*, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4) first. Get them leveled and equipped. Then freeze them until they are needed.

Out of curiosity, how many crew do you have immortalised and how many slots do you have?

For the record, you're not a DA. You made a reasonable mistake. We've all been there. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks @IceCat :) Of course it's just a game and I don't take it any more seriously than that; my only investment is time, anyway, as I am F2P.

What you've advised is pretty well what I'm doing - the Common/Uncommon/Rare collections are completed and I'm only working on 4*s that are fully fused or 3/4 that I can chuck a campaign citation on (or unfused 5* cards that I have a soft spot for, like Determined Janeway <3 ). I'll get a couple of slots back this week after finishing MidWorf and Gabriel Bell, and then Doctor La Forge (although I hear he's a costly build so could take a while longer).
    Out of curiosity, how many crew do you have immortalised and how many slots do you have?

I have 195 immortalised, 191 of them frozen (my 4 immortal golds stay out of the freezer for now), and 165 slots. You're welcome to have a look at my Datacore profile if you like.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @IceCat :) Of course it's just a game and I don't take it any more seriously than that; my only investment is time, anyway, as I am F2P.

What you've advised is pretty well what I'm doing - the Common/Uncommon/Rare collections are completed and I'm only working on 4*s that are fully fused or 3/4 that I can chuck a campaign citation on (or unfused 5* cards that I have a soft spot for, like Determined Janeway <3 ). I'll get a couple of slots back this week after finishing MidWorf and Gabriel Bell, and then Doctor La Forge (although I hear he's a costly build so could take a while longer).

I have 195 immortalised, 191 of them frozen (my 4 immortal golds stay out of the freezer for now), and 165 slots. You're welcome to have a look at my Datacore profile if you like.

On. Doctor La Forge careful use of replicator can help a lot. Careful based on how many times you replicate. The less you want to use the more careful in selection you need to be. There is a crew cost analyzer that can show the equipment cost.
    I cannot remember what I replicated was a while ago.

http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

ddk4lpoi5nqh.png

Notice on the bar graph the 80-90 items for sure can help to replicate.
    Also 60-70 and maybe 90-100.
    But this looks like 5 replications should help but sometimes doing more to avoid doing a legendary item could reduce cost.

Clicking upon the item button I see only 2 items that are extremely difficult. Not sure if the bar graph is correct. The first item is level 70 4* 5* Geordi's hyperspanner.
    Second is level 80 5* Geordi's Toolbox

The level 80 item is actually 70-80 so the bar graph is showing it wrong.

You still might find it better to do some of the others. I think I might have done more than one replication rather than replicating the legendary items. So I replicated items needed to build those legendary items.

I would recommend just replicating the toolbox, if you can afford it. It needs 2 4* Geordi's toolbox and 2 4* Geordi's Hyperspanner.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who always advocates collections and who uses collections as a base for 95% of in-game decisions (hey just added a star through retrieval to Tux. Nog!) ... I feel compelled to say something:

- Excellent.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you've got the right idea. Finishing off those three would be my first priority. Also, if you have any 3/4 FE from the events, maybe chuck a cite on those, just to finish and free. But otherwise, you are well on your way.

It's obviously more difficult as F2P, but it seems you've been quite successful regardless. If you can afford/don't mind getting some VIP, those crew slots that come with certain levels are a great asset.

I'll try to check your DC roster later today when I have more time. Keep up the great work! 🖖🏼
  • Options
    I will admit to airlocking Larkin, I didn't like the character and I'm past 600 and got nothing by finishing him at the time.
  • Options
    Thanks @IceCat & @WaldoMag for your help & advice!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit to airlocking Larkin, I didn't like the character and I'm past 600 and got nothing by finishing him at the time.

I found he was useful for the 2 minutes it took to level and freeze him! :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...