Home The Bridge
Options

To preemptively reinstall or not reinstall (Kindle Fire)

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any other players out there that have to reinstall frequently to cope with crashes?
I sometimes have to do it ahead of other event types, but, since you can't complete a run if you get bounced twice, it is a must for Skirmishes. It has already bounced me four or five times in two hours this morning and I haven't played constantly for those two hours, ex. bathroom, tech support for Mom, appeased the cat, etc.
It often bounces me with maddening frequency when they are working in the background. I suspected a collection was coming about a day before we got it, because I was bounced so badly, as in bounced back out as soon as the dashboard comes up or while closing offers.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I used to have the game drop often on my four year old iPad. Once I bought a new model I have rarely been dropped. The other game I play daily I couldn’t even open anymore with my old iPad which is mainly why I bought a new one.

Drops still occur on rare occasions but mostly if I’ve been using the iPad for many searches or you tube videos. I cycle the power if I start to drop and don’t have issues for days sometimes weeks on end.

I’ve never had to reinstall this or any other game. I would use the computer more but my wife is knee deep in furthering her education so I don’t mess with it too much. I do remember the maddening frustration of getting kicked off constantly, I hope your situation can be resolved fairly easily and cheaply.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I have multiple IOS devices of different age, and 2 kindle fires of different age. The older ios devices crash often and are slow. To be expected with older devices. The older kindle (3yrs) wont run the game anymore at all which is why i got a new one. However my new kindle still gets crashed out of skirmish, is very slow compared to my ios devices, does not display the purchases. Says “locked” or just a blank rectangle where the price should be. The keyboard for in game messaging faults often and wont pop up if the device is running more than 10-15 minutes. I must restart just to in game msg. I am constantly bounced out of any portion of the game especially skirmish or arena battles.
    And yes i do uninstall and reinstall often which seems to minimize but not entirely fix these problems for 2-3 days only. My device is new, and dumped of any unnecessary programming or apps It is for stt only. I have the minimum installations only required to run the device. It is only using 1/3 avail storage space.
    Highly frustrating.
  • Options
    No such issues on my: p40 pro, iphone 6s, old p9 as well as my Googleified Amazon fire hd 10 2019 model
  • Options
    @DAE
    Mine likes to crash in the middle of purchases and the in game chat is a major problem. I bought a Bluetooth mini keyboard to override the failure of the touchscreen keyboard to appear for chat, searches, and CS tickets.
    This is a fairly new Kindle, about a year. I'm on number nine, iirc. Well, number six for me. Mom is on number two and we got my sister one.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @DAE
    Mine likes to crash in the middle of purchases and the in game chat is a major problem. I bought a Bluetooth mini keyboard to override the failure of the touchscreen keyboard to appear for chat, searches, and CS tickets.
    This is a fairly new Kindle, about a year. I'm on number nine, iirc. Well, number six for me. Mom is on number two and we got my sister one.

Lol. I failed to mention the purchase issue. But absolutely maddening. I use the coin system and quite often it crashes upon monthly card or campaign, i wait, i log back in a few times still not showing as purchased, no coin usage email notification, i figure it failed, so i do it again then i end up double charged. Now i have to go through amazon to argue duplicate purchase and get my coins refunded. 🙄
  • Options
    DAE wrote: »
    @DAE

Lol. I failed to mention the purchase issue. But absolutely maddening. I use the coin system and quite often it crashes upon monthly card or campaign, i wait, i log back in a few times still not showing as purchased, no coin usage email notification, i figure it failed, so i do it again then i end up double charged. Now i have to go through amazon to argue duplicate purchase and get my coins refunded. 🙄

Oh, God, yes. I had to do this with a LTO of one of the Jadzia's. I hate dealing with the app side of Amazon's CS. Physical products is great. Digital and I want to set someone on fire.