Home The Bridge
Options

Remember when...?

Remember a short while ago when a whole bunch of the Timelines community was accused of theft and cheating because of an error on TP’s part?
Well I’m here to accuse TP of theft from us. Why is it that when watching ads, I get an ad limit reached message and nothing to show for my wasted time? I’m sure TP is still getting paid for me watching that ad, after all, it plays until the end before informing me I get nothing. Why am I not getting that message before the ad plays?
As far as I’m concerned, that’s no different from stealing from the community. How many watched ads have resulted in money for TP with no compensation to the player in return?

Comments

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t click the ads anymore. They crash my app. IOS with everything up to date, too. It seems all the game ads that begin with Pacman are a guaranteed app crash, and it’s 50/50 for the others.
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    This happened to me yesterday. But it was different, it had nothing to do with an ad. I went to claim my 3x daily chroniton boost I got an ad limit reached message, it didn't give me the 20 chrons. Of course when it refreshed it worked again. But it was strange as that was the first time that has ever happened to me.

Edit: I just found out that it was a bug in Bluestacks 5, for some reason it keeps setting the time on the emulator to an hour ahead of what the real time is, and somehow that is making the chroniton boost show up an hour early. So on Bluestacks 5 you have to set the time every time you open the program. It is not a bug with Star Trek Timelines.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do ads anymore. They let IronSource scan my network for other devices.

You know, in flagrant opposition of what the devs swore up and down didn't happen back during the ToS update scandal.

...Man, what's it going to take to shake me loose from this game?

You need a better network setup then. Good luck scanning on mine for anything else. But either way, yeah, thats crappy that it is happening but it is something you can lock down on your side to help your own person security as there are plenty of things that will do this.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    You need a better network setup then. Good luck scanning on mine for anything else. But either way, yeah, thats crappy that it is happening but it is something you can lock down on your side to help your own person security as there are plenty of things that will do this.

Talking about anyone's network security is failing to see the forest for the trees.

The problem is the app looks to begin with, and that this activity was exculded when TP explained "everything" going on that was privacy related. A lie of omission which leads us to wonder just how many other things got omitted.