Home Engineering Room
Options

In game DM Chat disappearing...

Hi,
Does anyone else suffer the problem of in game direct message chat with specific fleet member disappearing when restarting APP. This is using an iPad Pro on the latest iOS, and is very repeatable. At first I thought they just timed out over a short period and got removed, but a forced APP restart removes the chat thread immediately.
I have had this problem for as long as I can remember, and due to the Voyages bug requiring APP restart between voyages to ensure correct skills display, it has become much more apparent.
I don't DM people that often, but I have certainly lost and not seen responses and fleet member direct messaging me due to this.
I have submitted a ticket, but the eventual response said that this has not been widely reported.
If others have had the same problems please make it known here, to gauge how wide spread this bug is.

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phd wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone else suffer the problem of in game direct message chat with specific fleet member disappearing when restarting APP. This is using an iPad Pro on the latest iOS, and is very repeatable. At first I thought they just timed out over a short period and got removed, but a forced APP restart removes the chat thread immediately.
    I have had this problem for as long as I can remember, and due to the Voyages bug requiring APP restart between voyages to ensure correct skills display, it has become much more apparent.
    I don't DM people that often, but I have certainly lost and not seen responses and fleet member direct messaging me due to this.
    I have submitted a ticket, but the eventual response said that this has not been widely reported.
    If others have had the same problems please make it known here, to gauge how wide spread this bug is.

I just thought it was by design... yeah it blows.
  • Options
    I can see max 10 lines in chat while other members can see way back. Sometimes I must restart game to see previous chat if I've been online too long. Been like this since I started to play in march/april 2016. This goes to several of our members. So we use a different chat ap to be able to communicate.

I'm using Samsung S4

Wish it was possible for admiral/officers to send mass mail to all members too.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    For me it's the actual chat thread that disappears completely. Normally there are three threads on the left, the Fleet thread, the Squadron thread and the global thread. DM a specific person and a new fourth (or more) thread shows up on the left, but restarting the APP and any extra over and above the default three disappear. I have missed messages from my fleet admiral because of this, not even realizing they had even sent me a message!