Home The Bridge
Options

Tuesday discount pack price

Weren't the Tuesday discount packs priced at 390 dil before? The Wild West and Age of Sail pack are now 490, which is what the weekend discount packs usually cost. Or am I confusing the two?

Answers

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't the Tuesday discount packs priced at 390 dil before? The Wild West and Age of Sail pack are now 490, which is what the weekend discount packs usually cost. Or am I confusing the two?

I believe the weekly packs are usually at 490, and the Mega recap packs are at 390.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    The Tuesday packs that were mega themed were 390. The price went up to 490. It’s the Friday ones that were and still are 490
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe (IIRC) they were 490 when the mega themed Tuesday packs debuted, then they went to 390 for a few megas, now they seem to be back to 490.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh. I bought a whole pile of these earlier today. I did feel a little cheated that they pack price changed. I hope it wasn't a mistake and I gave away 700 extra honor than I should have.
  • Options
    Has there been an official answer on if it's a price change or a glitch?
  • Options
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

I didn't see one. That's why I'm asking. I'm hoping it's a glitch and they'll go back to 390.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

I didn't see one. That's why I'm asking. I'm hoping it's a glitch and they'll go back to 390.

I pulled 9 times, so... I hope it is too.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I’m new to the game, so I don’t know much history. I pulled several at 390 just for the begolds, not really caring about featured crew (and got some good stuff!). When I see the 490 pricetag I pass. It’s silly, probably. I don’t think fluctuating the prices makes people too happy. We DO notice when a daily deal for chronitons/citations/dilithium (whatever) constantly fluctuates. Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure I noticed one of those deals splashing up at $15 one day and a few days later the exact same deal at $24.99.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not a glitch. Tuesday mega themed discount packs have always been 490 with the exception of 2 weeks during one mega where they were discounted further down to 390.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    it's not a glitch. Tuesday mega themed discount packs have always been 490 with the exception of 2 weeks during one mega where they were discounted further down to 390.

I'm fairly certain they've been at 390 for more than two weeks.
  • Options
    It's been a few megas, for almost certain, that they've been 390.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can verify that I got 5 copies of the Insectoid during the Enterprise mega at 390 each
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I can verify that I got 5 copies of the Insectoid during the Enterprise mega at 390 each

The first reference I can find in Discord to 390s are in August, but could be earlier than that. So that is easily 5 megas (back of the envelope math).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mirror ones also were 390. I recall debating whether I should blast them both every week to build up the mirror collection
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they have discounted a few of the mega tuesday themed packs from time to time. We had entire discussions on Discord along the lines of "Hey, don't tell DB the price is 390 instead of 490!".

I have a few images of packs where it shows "Buy Again 390", but the normal price on these tend to be 490.

evidence: (look at the buy again button)

Aug 2019 8-27tuesday pack
    3bdcxmw30b1y.jpg

Dec 2019 12-24 tuesday pack
    pcb7vfuvctup.png

Feb 2020 2-4 tuesday pack
    nnxk4qth1dmo.jpg

April 2020 4-21 tuesday pack
    ul7728hcbfod.png

April 2020 4-28 tuesday pack
    epb95f7gtthv.jpg

DB/WRG has said they play with dilithium numbers to test the waters from time to time, but evidence shows overwhelmingly, the "normal" cost is 490.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The Mirror ones also were 390. I recall debating whether I should blast them both every week to build up the mirror collection

Yes we definitely had 390 packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mostly 490. Occasionally 390.
  • Options
    For perhaps the last 6-9 months it's been:
    Mega 390s on Tuesdays (specific to current mega)
    490s on Fridays (old mega 390s/490s, old 6 packs, old event packs)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I though it fluctuated and was not constant. However, I wonder if it is based on how new the crew are?