Home The Bridge
Options

Your own top 10 voyagers

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in The Bridge
Encouraged by DataCore Voyage Hall of Fame for top voyagers, and considering that most of them there are not among my own top 10, I decided to write which are mostly used in my roster. I don't have any duplicates.

1. Captain Braxton - 9 voyages - COM/SEC,COM/DIP,COM/SCI,COM/ENG,COM/MED,DIP/ENG,DIP/MED,SEC/ENG,SCI/ENG
2. Queen Po - 8 voyages - MED/ENG,COM/DIP,COM/SCI,COM/ENG,DIP/SCI,DIP/ENG,SEC/ENG,SCI/ENG
3. Determined Janeway - 8 voyages - MED/ENG,COM/SEC,COM/ENG,DIP/ENG,SEC/ENG,SEC/SCI,SEC/MED,SCI/ENG
4. Warship EMA - 8 voyages - MED/ENG,COM/SEC,COM/MED,DIP/MED,SEC/ENG,SEC/SCI,SEC/MED,SCI/MED
5. Gary Seven - 7 voyages - COM/SCI,COM/ENG,DIP/SCI,SEC/SCI,SEC/MED,SCI/MED,SCI/ENG
6. Leonardo da Vinci - 7 voyages - MED/ENG,COM/SCI,COM/ENG,DIP/SCI,SEC/ENG,SCI/MED,SCI/ENG
7. First Officer Burnham - 7 voyages - COM/SEC,COM/DIP,COM/SCI,COM/ENG,COM/MED,SEC/SCI,SCI/MED
8. Prisoner Katrina Cornwell - 7 voyages - COM/DIP,COM/MED,DIP/SEC,DIP/SCI,DIP/MED,SEC/MED,SCI/MED
9. Reverend Phlox - 7 voyages - MED/ENG,COM/DIP,COM/SCI,COM/MED,DIP/MED,SEC/MED,SCI/MED
10. Evolved Janeway - 7 voyages - COM/SEC,COM/DIP,DIP/SEC,DIP/SCI,DIP/ENG,DIP/MED,SEC/SCI

Would you like to share yours?
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I began tracking my voyages in early October. I miss a voyage here and there, of course, and I lost about a week’s worth of data at one point as well, but...

138 voyages tracked...

16 CMD/ENG
    16 MED/SCI
    16 ENG/SCI
    15 ENG/MED
    10 DIP/SCI
    10 MED/SEC
    8 SCI/SEC
    7 CMD/SCI
    7 CMD/DIP
    7 CMD/MED
    7 DIP/MED
    6 CMD/SEC
    5 DIP/SEC
    4 DIP/ENG
    4 ENG/SEC

Top 10 voyagers...

10) Merry Men Troi - 37
    9) Tribble Herder Scotty - 39
    8) Ishan Chaye Sisko - 40
    7) Indulgent Seven - 41
    6) Medic Jett Reno - 46
    5) Gary Seven - 51
    4) Captain Braxton - 54
    3) Doctor Van Gogh - 56
    2) Mycelial Culber - 57
    1) Warship EMA - 63

Al my voyagers are 5/5.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, let me see, my top voyagers:
    1. Medic Reno
    2. Caretaker
    3. Leo Da Vinci
    4. EMA
    5. Determined Janeway
    6. Amanda Q
    7. First Officer Burnham
    8. Braxton
    9. High Roller Sisko
    10. Picard and Number One
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I went with 12. What I did was make rosters for all 15 possible voyage combos using the VVT. Each roster is designed to give me the best chance at 12 hours for each combo. The first number is the number of rosters that crew made. The second number is their total voyage score with my bonuses. The number in parenthesis signifies that I have multiple copies of that crew.

kcncft41mnjk.jpeg
  • Options
    Amelia on top. That is interesting. She does not appear in many of the top25s
    To max 12hour voyage I asume you have been looking at combine max rolls?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Earhart was never in an event, only a Tuesday pack and then in portal. I have never seen her in a behold.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I plug in crew then tweak the seats when I am done to come up with the gold and silver midpoint of guaranteed pass and fail between 11:30 and 11:45. I only use crew with total voyage scores over 4000 unless it’s totally unavoidable such as in MED/COM. This allows for higher tertiary totals. I can get any combo tertiaries between 21 and 22k. I don’t even look at proficiency, just total voyage score and that midpoint time. Keep in mind though, I do have two Amelia Earhart’s. Her numbers will be skewed because I use both on COM/ENG and ENG/DIP and I do count those twice

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun idea. I don't track voyages since hitting 10 hours became standard, but these have been my top-10 most used voyagers for quite some time that immediately come to mind.

- Warship EMA
    - Interfaced La Forge
    - Determined Janeway
    - Captain Braxton
    - Tactical Officer Neelix
    - Seeking Spock
    - Leonardo da Vinci
    - Medic Jett Reno
    - Assimilated Hawk
    - Prisoner Katrina Cornwel

Of course, with so many crew recently added and/or immortalized in the wake of the honor sale, I'm already starting to see some of these long-time voyage mainstays get used less regularly. Mirror Doctor Culber has already started to get consistent work, for example.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been keeping track as well as some of the players above ... but for 10 hr voyages, I would consider the following crew "go-to" when I'm looking to fill seats, even if their skills are not featured:

There's some bias, as I'm more likely to pick crew I like even though they may not be "the best" :)

- RAF Miles O'Brien - my favourite voyager.
    - Determined Janeway
    - Xindi Insectoid
    - Dr. Pollard
    - Medic Jett Reno
    - Leo Da Vinci
    - Queen Po
    - Ishan Chaye Sisko
    - Prisoner Cornwell

Honorable Mentions go to
    - Satin Dress Lily Sloane
    - Borg Queen
    - Tenavik
    - Indulgent Seven
    - Merry Men Crusher

I think a list of dissapointments might also be a decent indicator:
    - Age of Sail Data
    - Twilight T'Pol
    - The Keeper
    - Humanoid Figure
    - Evolved Janeway

These are crew who I thought might be of some use due to their unique skills on my crew, were used for a while in some cases (the first three), but have just dropped out of favour (also due to my voyage regulars squad, they just haven't been able to make the starting 12 very often) ... Data and Janeway are still not frozen, but are kinda working their way towards a short list.
  • Options
    Is there an easy way to run crew selection for all the various combinations? Like, can the DataCore app (or something similar) be used for voyages skill combinations that aren't currently active? Would be nice to do this without having to wait for each one to pop up individually.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an easy way to run crew selection for all the various combinations? Like, can the DataCore app (or something similar) be used for voyages skill combinations that aren't currently active? Would be nice to do this without having to wait for each one to pop up individually.

The data core app will look at your current voyage and your available crew and offer a recommendation for you. If you are interested in looking at all crew in the game and deciding who to target, I don’t know of any widely used tools that gives you the actual numbers to do that. Big Book is a tool, but I don’t think it is what you are looking for. I am sure there are some individuals that have created tools like that though. I have one that I release to my fleet, but is kinda heavy on the upkeep (something I am working on).
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I think this might be possible in the CIDAS ..
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14844/captain-idols-datacore-analysis-sheet-v4-1-new-over-50-new-collections-added/p1
    On the overview you can input your crew picks and see the numbers..
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I've wanted to do this for a while. It's theoretically possible if you manually edit the json file and run an estimate for all 30 combinations(technically pairs are not the same for primary/secondary). It would take a lot of manual effort so I wouldn't call it easy. But you would also get to see the length estimate for all the pairs too.
  • Options
    IneffybleIneffyble ✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    I think this might be possible in the CIDAS ..
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14844/captain-idols-datacore-analysis-sheet-v4-1-new-over-50-new-collections-added/p1
    On the overview you can input your crew picks and see the numbers..

The Viable Voyager Tool might also be of use.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping track as well as some of the players above ... but for 10 hr voyages, I would consider the following crew "go-to" when I'm looking to fill seats, even if their skills are not featured:

There's some bias, as I'm more likely to pick crew I like even though they may not be "the best" :)

- RAF Miles O'Brien - my favourite voyager.
    - Determined Janeway
    - Xindi Insectoid
    - Dr. Pollard
    - Medic Jett Reno
    - Leo Da Vinci
    - Queen Po
    - Ishan Chaye Sisko
    - Prisoner Cornwell

Honorable Mentions go to
    - Satin Dress Lily Sloane
    - Borg Queen
    - Tenavik
    - Indulgent Seven
    - Merry Men Crusher

I think a list of dissapointments might also be a decent indicator:
    - Age of Sail Data
    - Twilight T'Pol
    - The Keeper
    - Humanoid Figure
    - Evolved Janeway

These are crew who I thought might be of some use due to their unique skills on my crew, were used for a while in some cases (the first three), but have just dropped out of favour (also due to my voyage regulars squad, they just haven't been able to make the starting 12 very often) ... Data and Janeway are still not frozen, but are kinda working their way towards a short list.

Interesting,

Your disappointments are actually voyaging in guaranteed 10 hr voyages a lot for when their voyage pair comes up to fill trait seats.
    However they will not make the cut in trying for 11-12 hr voyages.

And a lot of your favorites are not voyaging for me. It all shows therecare many ways to rome, also deending on your roster and goals.

I am not posting a top 10 atm because my selection of crew depends on trait seats and voyage pairs, which uses a lot of different crew, some not even ff.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Actually there is. I used Datacore to run all voyages combos to find where I need improvement.

It has quite few steps, but it work.

1. save your data from CS Tools as a text file, but open it when you do not have any voyage running
    2. find line that looks like this "primary_skill":"command_skill","secondary_skill":"engineering_skill" - change it to your needs (This skills is my voyage just now. I use Notepad ++ for this, it is free and it works great with large text files)
    3. paste entire data into Datacore player tools

Repeat this three steps for all voyage combos.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    In no particular order:

1) Cheesecake Seven
    2) Torpedo McCoy
    3) Warship EMA
    4) Gary Seven
    5) Laborer Kirk
    6) Niners Ezri
    7) Tactical Neelix
    8) Pining Vina
    9) Amelia Earhardt
    10) Braxton
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I'll give top 2 for each primary skill category and an honorable mention. Keep in mind Value over replacement as well as traits that aren't easily filled by other characters for marginal voyage score loss. Bonus points for Tertiary and secondary skills not often found with primary attribute.

Cmd
    1. Braxton
    2. Burnham
    Honorable Mention 5 of 12 (Borg, Inspiring, Desperate, Saboteur, Crafty, Undercover Operative, Eng Tertiary)

Dip
    1. Stranded Quark
    2. Interfaced LaForge
    Honorable mention Decoy Kira (Bajoran, Crafty, Costumed, Romantic all rare traits)

Eng
    1. Ishan Chaye Sisko
    2. Nanoprobe Phlox
    Honorable Mention Tribble Herder Scotty

Sec
    1. Neelix
    2. Koloth
    Honorable Mention Wrathful Kirk

Med
    1. Cheezcake7
    2. Warship EMA
    Honorable Mentions Culber and Reno. Med was the most difficult category imo. The others are clear winners.

• Options
    No sci lol
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Names that pop up more often than usual - Warship EMH, Prisoner Cornwall, Cheesecake Seven, Locutus, Interfaced La Forge, Mega Janeway, Gambler Sisko and Queen Po. The powercreep has unfortunately made some of the old FF 5* almost obsolete.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t consider all my crew at once - I break down by each of the 15 order-independent voyage combinations, then sort by base + minimum proficiency. Without my spreadsheet, I can’t remember exactly which crew are at the top of each combo but names like Braxton, Prophet Sarah Sisko, Assimilated Hawk, and plenty of others do come to mind.

That being said, I do remember my most-used voyagers over the last year:

1) Wrathful Kirk. Having gone on 80ish 10-hour voyages puts him at number one for usage - strong numbers, good traits, and a helpful tertiary add up to a perfect combination for voyage use.

2) Mycelial Culber. He’s right up there in terms of usage (75ish total 10-hour voyages) and has an even more intriguing skill set than Kirk. Despite having a little more proficiency-induced variance, he makes up for that variance with raw power and a decent trait set.

3) Determined Janeway. She is a distant third in the number of 10-hour voyages (only 50ish at last count) but has some critical traits and good strength.

When I totaled everything up, I was surprised to see two of my top three having some combination of SEC/ENG/COM. It’s not exactly a rare one on my crew (two immortal copies of Talas and one each of Aviator Yar, RAF O’Brien, Braxton, and Killy are joined by some partially-fused crew that don’t get any use) but Kirk and Janeway float to the top. Granted, Killy and both Talases didn’t get immortalized until relatively recently, but Kirk/Culber/Janeway really stand out when most everyone else was used less than 40 times.
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    This is a cool idea! I'm also seeing some crew I should give some attention to.

My top 10 staple crew would be (in no particular order) :

1. Determined Janeway
    2. Gary Seven
    3. Picard & No. 1
    4. Warship EMA
    5. Ishan Sisko
    6. Professor Sato
    7. Carlos Data
    8. Nanoprobe Phlox
    9. Determined Paris
    10. Dr. Pollard

A couple honorary members:
    1. Evolved Janeway
    2. Assimilated Hawk
    3. Age of Sail Data

I just got Braxton in the honor sale and I'm currently working on him, so I imagine my list will alter quite soon. Keep sharing! I'm curious who else I should keep an eye out for. :)
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Over the last months I took screenshots of voyage crew to see which cards I use more often and where I have room for improvement. The crew I see the most are (in no particular order):

1. Determined Janeway
    2. Queen Po
    3. Medic Reno
    4. Soji Asha
    5. Cheesecake Seven
    6. Tactical Neelix
    7. Insectoid
    8. Picard and #1
    9. Ba'ul
    10. Determined Paris

Each one of my voyages has at least 4 or 5 of them among the crew. My strategy is to recall all my voyages at 10 hours and they seem to work very well for that goal.

Some others that I also see often are:

1. Locutus
    2. Homesteader Janeway
    3. Q as God
    4. Tenavik

And the ones who don't have an impressive voyage rank but still make it on my voyages more often than I would expect are:

1. Professor Sato
    2. Garth
    3. Suspiria
    4. Borg Queen

I think Sato will be replaced by Human Saru, but Garth and Suspiria still go on voyages despite the fact that Lt Commander Uhura should be a better option, because they seem to get more trait matches.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    My 10 most used voyagers in no particular order are (probably):
    1. Interfaced La Forge
    2. Adira Tal
    3. Leonardo Da Vinci
    4. Medic Jett Reno
    5. Determined Paris
    6. Courier Burnham
    7. Picard & No 1
    8. Indulgent Seven
    9. Mycelial Culber
    10. Tribble Herder Scotty

All the above are FF/FE.

Honourable mentions to Delta Flyer Torres, Carlos Data, EV Suit Spock, Stranded Quark, Warship EMA (1/5*), Laborer Kirk (4/5*) and Solar Sails Sisko.

I also have Reunion Spork and Dexa FF/FE, and Human Saru not far away... but they are so new I didn’t consider them for this list.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    my top 10 voyagers:

Captain Braxton
    Captain Braxton (duplicate)
    Gary seven
    Boothby Replicant
    Sinister Picard
    First Officer Burnham
    Niners Ezri
    Picard and Number One
    Stranded Quark