Home The Bridge
Options

Scanning adwarp cooldown

Just before the scanning boost hits, I was wondering about the cooldown time... Does anyone know? (If not, I'll do some try-and-error and will post the results for later reference.)

Comments

• Options
    I believe it's roughly 24 hours.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 30 minutes.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jan Krohn wrote: »
    Just before the scanning boost hits, I was wondering about the cooldown time... Does anyone know? (If not, I'll do some try-and-error and will post the results for later reference.)

Cross-posting from a previous thread:
    Scans are on a 30-minute timer. The following chart is courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose (retired) via the STT Discord server (https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ):

hffz1a7ohx8l.jpeg
    (edited to remove scans from universal timer)
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Also unless it has changed, time between ads is 20 minutes.
    So you have to wait at least 20 minutes before you can scan again. Such as using ad for DABO and then something else.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    So you have to wait at least 20 minutes before you can scan again. Such as using ad for DABO and then something else.

It says that at the top of the chart. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    WaldoMag wrote: »

It says that at the top of the chart. 😉

Gosh I totally missed it and I was looking for it.

Edit: I know why I missed, I assumed it would be on bottom. (The odd couple assume😉😊)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, open a random episode mission. If it doesn't show an ad warp, do nothing. If it shows an ad warp, exit and do the scan.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, open a random episode mission. If it doesn't show an ad warp, do nothing. If it shows an ad warp, exit and do the scan.

Almost. The episode can show an ad 20 minutes after a scan ad. But scans have a 30 minute cooldown time. So there is a 10 minute period between when an episode will show and ad and when you can get a scan ad. If you're truly in doubt, see if the episode has an ad and then wait 10 minutes. Or try to record the time when you last ran a scan so you can be sure you've waited 30 minutes.
  • Options
    All the as cooldowns are broken and have been for some time. You need to log off and login to ensure they work properly.

There's a thread in Engineering.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the as cooldowns are broken and have been for some time. You need to log off and login to ensure they work properly.

There's a thread in Engineering.

This bug is sporadic for me. Right now, for instance, I am not experiencing it, but I was a couple weeks ago.

I guess that is more of a gremlin than a bug, but either way, it is chewing on all the wires in my iPad...
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having the same issue, sometimes the ads appear other times a restart is needed.