Home The Bridge
Options

Picard Season 2 & Disco Season 4

*Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in The Bridge
Trailer for S2: Bringing back an "old friend".... :o
https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    S4 Disco Trailer :)
    https://youtu.be/sJ4CkuDx5LE
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*
    2v4wlsrzb3m1.gif
  • Options
    Interesting bits and pieces in the Picard season 2 teaser, not least the 'Paradise Lost' nod.
    Hoping it is drawing from the Milton poem rather than a nod to DS9. Lots of scope thete
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I can t get over the new Disco uniforms, they look just horrible imho. Like sacks.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I can t get over the new Disco uniforms, they look just horrible imho. Like sacks.

I am torn. I was never a big fan of their S1-3 uniforms, then the gray uniforms at the very end of S3 were absolutely terrible. So I was happy to see that they changed them, but... I don't know. In some shots they look fantastic, in others the cut of them looks very unflattering. I think it's the open slit at the front of the uniforms and the unever length of the sides. But when they showed Culber, I thought his looked pretty great.
    We will just have to wait and see how they look as they go.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    For real. Earlier uniforms were loose and tight in all the wrong places, and these look no better. The costuming in Picard is sloppy, too. This is actually one of my major gripes about nutrek. Nothing ever looks tailored to fit any of the actors.

asyxk1v5k6f7.jpeg
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the greys at the end of the season but people seem to like the new ones from what I'm seeing. As always, Culber gets the best set.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the greys at the end of the season but people seem to like the new ones from what I'm seeing. As always, Culber gets the best set.

The greys did fit tighter but looked way too much like confederate uniforms. I like the new uniforms better though they did get a little wild with how much color is on them especially the red uniform. I think that the shirts just don’t tuck in. Not sure if Culber’s looks better because the uniform is better or the actor just wears things well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Interesting bits and pieces in the Picard season 2 teaser, not least the 'Paradise Lost' nod.
    Hoping it is drawing from the Milton poem rather than a nod to DS9. Lots of scope thete

They're going to Nimbus III.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should expect Q would have a thing or two to say about humanity as it existed in Picard season 1.

He should yell about hubris to Admiral Clancy. That would be awesome!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Discovery blues never did it for me; but I really like the colorful SNW/Pike’s Enterprise redos. But I have to say, when I saw this trailer for the first time, I instantly fell in love with these new uniforms. They look like a great blend of TOS and TNG; the black splash-length on the side looks really great, a great call back to my fav uni-es, the Se 3-7 TNG uniforms.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I should expect Q would have a thing or two to say about humanity as it existed in Picard season 1.

Well, he could note that it’s a step up from humanity as it existed throughout DS9, given that humans (indeed, Starfleet officers) engaged in assassination, murder, false flag attacks, military coups, used chemical weapons to displace civilians...oh, and attempted genocide via biological warfare. All with little to no consequence.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLP is older because he’s human. How will Q justify appearing physically older? He’s immortal, and it would seem beneath him to assume an older visage just to commiserate with JLP.

A minor issue, of course, but I’m curious to know if they’ll address it in some way.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else take that how I did? I thought they were setting the stage for having scenes similar to Marvel's What If?... with Q making picard relive some of the most famous scenes and playing out his choices differently. Maybe I'm way off base, but de-aging tech is pretty advanced at this point.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    Did anyone else take that how I did? I thought they were setting the stage for having scenes similar to Marvel's What If?... with Q making picard relive some of the most famous scenes and playing out his choices differently. Maybe I'm way off base, but de-aging tech is pretty advanced at this point.

I didn't watch the interview to really respond, I just wanted to reply to your idea of Picard relieve some famous scenes with de-aging tech -- I think it would be far more convincing and character dramatic if it's the current Patrick Stewart who is thrust into existing in those situations. I don't want to see a young version of Picard on the Stargazer, I'd want to see the elder Stewart thrust back into that situation and position.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    dext74 wrote: »
    JimBerlin wrote: »

I didn't watch the interview to really respond, I just wanted to reply to your idea of Picard relieve some famous scenes with de-aging tech -- I think it would be far more convincing and character dramatic if it's the current Patrick Stewart who is thrust into existing in those situations. I don't want to see a young version of Picard on the Stargazer, I'd want to see the elder Stewart thrust back into that situation and position.

Just like we saw the 'older' Picard play his younger self in Tapestry :thumbsup:
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    I just was going off of the trailer and how it said he wasn't haunted by what he did, but what he didn't do. I think I will be good with anything Q throws JLP's way. I have not watched the interview.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want this thread to be relocated to Strange New Worlds, where it should have been posted in the first place.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this new Q appearance will be enough to get a few of the missing Q's to expand the Q collection up one milestone.
    We're at 19 Q. We need 6 to reach 25.
    Variations we need yet:
    *WW3 Q
    *DS9/Voy Uniform Q
    *Dad Q with baby Junior (we got Worf with Molly- it's fair) dip/med/sci with caregiver trait!
    *Civil War Q
    *Civil War Quinn (could be an original or based off the B/W with T. Riker)
    *Dr. Q from the alt life in Tapestry
    I know I'm forgetting something, because I had 7 when I was thinking through them yesterday! Plus, more are coming.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    @W.W. Carlisle
    If I may add to your list...
    Bajoran Waiter Q
    Starfleet Dress Uniform Q,
    If we ever get Lower Decks crew then Animated Q
    Franciscan Monk Q
    16th Century Sea Captain Q
    Chokuzan Captain Q

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W.W. Carlisle
    If I may add to your list...
    Bajoran Waiter Q
    Starfleet Dress Uniform Q,
    If we ever get Lower Decks crew then Animated Q
    Franciscan Monk Q
    16th Century Sea Captain Q
    Chokuzan Captain Q

I forgot about the waiter! A Bajoran/Q combo could be interesting.
    I was trying to remember if Q wore the period uniform at any point in Tapestry. Might have to rewatch.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*