Home Ready Room
Options

Question on arena power activation

After all these years, I still have one newbie question stuck in my brain. Haven't found it in any of the guides I checked, though I'm sure the info is out there somewhere. Perhaps somebody can help?

In the Arena, when I activate an instant damage ability that also raises my base attack, does it take that attack boost into account, or not?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. If you have Borg Picard or someone activating early, use them first.
  • Options
    After all these years, I still have one newbie question stuck in my brain. Haven't found it in any of the guides I checked, though I'm sure the info is out there somewhere. Perhaps somebody can help?

In the Arena, when I activate an instant damage ability that also raises my base attack, does it take that attack boost into account, or not?

I don't know if anyone knows for sure. But I would assume yes, otherwise why is Killy so popular and she seems to hit a lot harder than other 400% Damage crew.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone knows for sure. But I would assume yes, otherwise why is Killy so popular and she seems to hit a lot harder than other 400% Damage crew.

Exactly this. Killy hits just as hard whether you activate Locutus (or my personal favorite, Polywater Yar) first or if Killy is the first crew you activate. That tells me that Killy's attack boost is applied before damage is calculated.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I guess I'll just threepeat what has already been stated here. While I don't know of any communication that officially states this (actually, there is quite a bit of arena information that we, the players, do not know) Killy's +10 attack gets applied before her 400% instant damage.

You can actually test this yourself is you have Garth immortalized. Since he only does +8 attack, you'll notice your ship doing a lot less instant damage as compared to a Killy type.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/