Home Make It So!
Options

Voyage Portal Pull Replacement

One Change to Fix it All - Replace all random crew drops with a premium portal pull. (And while you are at it, replace all the ship schematics in DABO with a premium portal pull as well.)

Players keep asking for the following:
Add Legendaries to Voyages
Add a way to delete unwanted crew
Update the random crew that appear
Add more interest to voyages
Give us a better variety of schematic drops

Replacing random crew drops with a premium portal pull would solve all the requests, with minimal coding changes. If it's a big issue of game balance to replace common and uncommon crew with a premium portal pull, then when a green/gray card would have been the reward, replace it with a Merit pull.

Comments

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a better shot at a SR from a voyage in the current system. Probably 1 in 6 (or 1 in 8 at worst) is a SR. That's better than the 1 in 20 of a premium pull. I don't know the odds on a merit pull, but I suspect they are the same or worse. There's still SR's in portal that I haven't immortalized, so I like to see them dropping regularly on voyages.

Newer players need those commons and uncommons, so I would say the merit pull idea is the stronger option. Still... for reasons mentioned above, I would prefer the current system over this change.

I do appreciate the new solution to an old problem, though. Thanks for a fresh take on the issue.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I got most of m commons and uncommons from voyage, merits and credits pulls. In the beginning it's easy to get lots of credits.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I’d much rather get a 4* than a chance at either ship schematics or a 3*
  • Options
    Taelle FarTaelle Far ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Nah. I’d much rather get a 4* than a chance at either ship schematics or a 3*

If ALL potential crew drops (except voyage unique crew) were replaced with portal pulls, your chances of getting a 4* wouldn't change much from the number we currently get each voyage. The main difference would be you'd now have the chance of a legendary crew, or ship schematics of some of the newer ships. And when you do get a purple, it would be a behold purple, so a greater chance of a crew member you can use. I think the trade off would be worthwhile.