Home The Bridge
Options

Collections, Collections, What's Next? With Milestone Tracking list Updated 4-28-2021

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in The Bridge
The attention they've been getting is nice. It's a collecting game, so rewards for collecting makes a lot of sense and they utilize it well. We got our "Costumed" collection ahead of the Mega for it, like the Klingon collection. April's hasn't been announced, but, if they wanted to just update a few instead of a new one, there are some overdue for expansion.

This isn't all the collections, but these are the ones that could use a milestone or three. A few, even some of the new ones are nearing a new milestone. Divided by collection type and organized by which milestone(s) it needs. Those nearing a new milestone are alphabetical at the end of their group.
Edited 4-20-21 to account for the server update. Thanks!

Trait- Current!
Innovator- Has level 40 (59 crew)
Jury Rigger- Has level 40 (54 crew)
Veterans- Has 60 (75 crew)
Inspiring- Has 80 (88 crew)
Physician- Has 80 (The new Culber was #80!)
Costumed- Has 120 (132 crew)
Diplomat- Got expanded to m.60 last round, but it is to 78 already.
Exobiology- Stops at m.40 and is to 55 crew already.
Species/Affiliation- Current!
Borg- Has 25 (28 crew)
Cardassians- Has 25 (26? crew, could be 27)
Engineered- Has 25 (27? crew, could be 26)
Vulcans- Has 60 (66 crew)
Ferengi- Stops at 10 with 22 in the collection.
Klingon- Goes up to 80 and has 91 already. Should reach 100 this year, I would think. Please give us something good at 100!
Mirror Universe- Goes to 40 and currently stands at 52.
Romulan- Stops at 10, but has 22, like the Ferengi. Lots of room to expand both.
Theme- Current!
Delphic Expanse- Needs 9 (9 crew)
Originals- Has 19
EV Suits- Has 25 (24 crew, but some crew we still need added to the game. The rest of the Enterprise cast for example.)

Now, what are some possible new collections?

Bajorans- This is one of the species ones that lots of people want. It is probably the biggest, after Human, we are missing. "The Celestial Temple" or "The Will of the Prophets" could be good names and a wormhole avatar could be a unique reward at, say, milestone 100.

Dominion- This wouldn't be a big collection to start off, but it would be on par with some of the others. "The Great Link" would work for a name.

Duelist- There's about 80, so it would decent size. There are a handful of low rarity crew to give a start, with enough golds to take some work. "Hand to Hand" would be a good name and the Sword of Kahless would be an awesome m.100 avatar, but it would be a better one for the Klingons. A lirpa or ushaan-tor would work too.

Survivalist- This is another one that is about 80 crew in size. "Survival of the Fittest" sounds good.

Cultural Figures- "Legends In Their Own Time"! Yes, this could be very cool. Apollo and Edith Keeler would shine. (Thanks for reminding me about this one, Apollo. I'd thought about it earlier and then forgot.)

Voyage Exclusive- "The Second Star to the Right" would be a cool name for this and it is pretty high on our collective want list.

Fusion Crew- "Greater Than The Sum" as a name and it would give some lesser value crew some extra use.

Ideas?
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could increase the rarity collections and add the two missing ones so we'd have them all as collections. The Legendary one would be huge though.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Me? I want a separate collection called FOR CARDASSIA!!! And more Cardassians. ;)

Kanar Damar, Empok Nor Garak, Casanova Gul Dukat... the possibilities are endless. :D

All kidding aside, I would seriously like a murder Garak.

07xrexwrznvg.jpeg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are going to get one added or expanded collection a month I would rather not expand any that would only be one tier of expansion. That would be disappointing. A legendary collection or super rare would be too much work. They would have to add a few new crew every week and that would get tedious. I’ll go with what I have in the 2,632 other threads about this and say cultural figures. Although a little birdie told me to gather musicians and holograms. That was quite a while ago so that dog may not be hunting anymore.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survivalist would be cool. The prize could be Adult Molly who survived on her own for years.

yemrkiffpa6y.jpeg

Rura Penthe Reed suddenly getting the survivalist trait makes this a given

• Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    They could make a collection for the honor hall crew
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I've always wanted a voyage exclusive collection. All 8 exclusive crew and the prize is V'ger which would be the new #1 voyages crew.

Only thing that makes me disagree is the fact that my voyage ALWAYS glitches out at 14 or 16 hours. I would never get them

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted a voyage exclusive collection. All 8 exclusive crew and the prize is V'ger which would be the new #1 voyages crew.

I have said this elsewhere, but my very strong hunch is that the Voyage Exclusive Collection will absolutely never see the light of day until the bug is squashed.

It would lead to blood and fury and pitchforks and scams and raging the likes of which the quadrant hasn’t ever seen. 🤷
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I have said this elsewhere, but my very strong hunch is that the Voyage Exclusive Collection will absolutely never see the light of day until the bug is squashed.

It would lead to blood and fury and pitchforks and scams and raging the likes of which the quadrant hasn’t ever seen. 🤷

I'd like to think you are right. I would also really like a Voyage exclusive collection. One thing that IAmPicard was good for at least, other than cheating, was taking care of unstuck voyages. That's how I got all of them.

But I agree that Survivalist is almost definitely the next new Collection, and I am ready for it.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    The attention they've been getting is nice. It's a collecting game, so rewards for collecting makes a lot of sense and they utilize it well. We got our "Costumed" collection ahead of the Mega for it, like the Klingon collection. April's hasn't been announced, but, if they wanted to just update a few instead of a new one, there are some overdue for expansion.
    Awesome list, very well done!

I think a Bajoran collection would be my top choice.

I'd love to see a Maquis collection as well, especially if it comes with more DS9 and TNG examples, like Cal Hudson, Sakonna, Macias, and of course, Tom Riker.

I also hope to see some of the racial collections expanded, especially if it's alongside an associated mega. I do agree with Banjo that this would feel best if there were enough characters to add 2+ tiers.

All this being said, racial collections have the disadvantage that most will be dominated by a single series - and we have the biggest exceptions already: Vulcans, Klingons, and Romulans. A more general trait is likely to hit characters across all series, if not currently, at least in the future.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Great suggestions, I’d like to see some more episode specific collections too like The Killing Game or Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang etc :smile:

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athlete would work too though there’d be complete overlap with the baseball collection.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a voyage crew collection. I’ve been fortunate to never having experienced the bug even when I’ve let three voyages go 20+ hours in the past. I have also been lucky to get all of the exclusive crew the last being Picard with an eight hour voyage. Fantastic luck with that one for sure. Since I have frozen so many of my crew I can rarely go over eight hours anymore. Would be so nice to have crew FE but not FF to not count against the cap. Also as suggested in another thread have cadets, arena, and bridge crew be in a separate category, usable and not counting against the cap. I only have the final division of arena staffed with crew because wasting slots for two and three star crew isn’t worth it. Makes an aspect of the game unplayable unless slots are bought.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I think a couple of new collection options with varying numbers of characters (costumed has 132 currently with more in the mega) are:

Hologram - 47
    Villain - 65 (maybe they could finally add the Borg Queen)
    Desperate - 181
    Resourceful - 176
    Musician - 71
    Civilian - 192
    Crafty - 104
    Undercover Operative - 93
    Astrophysicist - 78

Too bad Telepath already includes all the Vulcans, because a Telepath+Empath (+Telekinetic maybe) one could be interesting with 111 (115 with Telekinetic, removing duplicates).

I always thought a time travel collection would be interesting. Could even be the characters the time travelers meet in the past/future (like Phoenix Cochrane, Rain Robinson, and George + Gracie), or it could be the time travelers themselves (such as the 1701 DS9 crew, the ST IV TOS crew, George + Gracie again, the First Contact TNG crew, Admiral Janeway, and Braxton). It's tougher to do, because you have to hunt down all of the characters rather than searching by trait, and it would be considerably larger than the other non-trait based collections. There is a "Time Travel" page on Memory Alpha to make it easier, though.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    While time travel episodes often aren't my favorites, I do think it would make for a great collection. Although you raise some good questions over how to draw the line between who is included and who isn't.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    What I love about collections is that they make me happy to pull crew that I wouldn't normally care about. Sure, I'll never use Will Scarlett or C.O.P. Founder Picard for actual gameplay, but I've been fine with pulling them lately because they bring me one step closer to those achievements.

So, like others said, I would love to see more species-oriented ones. Bajoran, Dominion, and Cardassian are no-brainers. Not only because are they abundant in canon and in the game, but there's also room for expansion going forward. (I can think of more than a dozen DS9 characters who would fit in there off the top of my head.)

Along those lines, I'd also love to see a Delta Quadrant collection. There aren't enough canon Kazon, Talaxians, Ocampa, Vaadwuar, Krenim, Viidians, and so on for individual species collections, but a broader one for all the species that Voyager encountered on its journey could work. (Borg would be excluded, of course.)

Oh, and more episode-centric ones, please! There's Badda Bing, Badda Bang and Far Beyond the Stars from DS9, Time's Arrow and the protomorphosis one from TNG, the Living Witness crew from Voyager, and so on.

Finally, could we get a collections for admirals? Not only is it a clearly-defined group, but the overwhelming majority of the ones already in the game are tier 5 or lower in the Big Book. It'd be great to not get bummed out every time a Cartwright or Nechayev pops up in a begold. The reward for completing it could even be Fleet Admiral Shanthi, Fleet Admiral Morrow from Search for Spock, or Bill from Undiscovered Country.

Also, this is an absolutely fantastic idea.
  • Options
    I updated my list after the server update. All collections are current on their milestones. Well done, TP!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Well, the Delphic Expanse needs the Aquatic added and the milestone raised by one. Diplomats and Innovators are both within a couple crew of their next milestones.