Home The Bridge
Options

How did Independent Rebels fleet get taken over by player who was recently added?

Independent Rebels, Admiral G’s fleet now has this captain as it’s Admiral and G says he doesn’t know how it happened. How is this possible , did it happen through CS involvement? I am very interested in how. 36tjv210ic3o.png

Comments

• Options
    c8wmtdfomqq6.png
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    G told me that he promoted the player to Officer(after he joined),
    as he does with every member.

Only the nxt day the new member was Admiral somehow, so it wasn t a lag or glitch, when he promoted him to Officer, since right afterwards, the new member was Officer as supposed to and not Admiral.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    A 24 hr turnaround to become admiral IF it went through CS, has to be addressed. There were suppose to be policies in place to prevent accidental or malicious changeover of fleets.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    From what I understand this happened within less than 24 hours. I don't think that CS would have made the change in such a short time (as in, I don't think that they would have closed any ticket that quickly).

I wonder how it happened though. From what ZombieSquirrel wrote it seems the former admiral is sure that he didn't accidentally promote him to admiral instead of officer.

Can he communicate with this player and get the admiral role back from him?
  • Options
    I am assuming that is what’s being attempted as I saw from the last screenshot the “new” admiral has not been on for awhile 11 hrs+ At that time
  • Options
    I dont know how it happened but i know i did not make this person admiral. Also i changed fleet discord link.
  • Options
    so much for all the assurances from TP and new protocols supposedly put in place to prevent this happening
  • Options
    Good to know, and I am glad CS had nothing to do with it. Now if there were just clearer instructions and warnings that would have alerted you to the difference. This thread could be considered resolved and closed. Congrats G and gives G manual on the update....oh wait..yeah...there is none ;p just busting WRG’s balls now ;p
  • Options
    I am happy you got your fleet back G. Not happy that we have yet another bug from update.
  • Options
    Main support staff restored me as admiral.
  • Options
    Such bad memories. :-(

If any of my old fleet mates in 'Ingress: Enlightened' read this, please get in touch by PM. I have found a great new home now after the incident.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so i figured it out. Since the update there is no different button for promote to officer or admiral and it makes the person admiral once promoted

:o:o:o

So there is no way to promote someone to an officer without making them an admiral?
  • Options
    Shan, On android I son't have the option to promote to admiral any more, just to promote.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, On android I son't have the option to promote to admiral any more, just to promote.

Could please provide me with a screenshot?
    I've tried it on my end, and for a member there is the option to Promote, as in promoting to officer.
    For Officers, I still see a button to Promote to Admiral.
  • Options
    Shan That is what I am seeing, but I used to see the promote to admiral on all members screen. so I am seeing what you are, but it has changed from what was there.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Could please provide me with a screenshot?
    I've tried it on my end, and for a member there is the option to Promote, as in promoting to officer.
    For Officers, I still see a button to Promote to Admiral.

It sounds like this could have been a double tap/slow ui bug. If there is now only one button that is either promote to officer or promote to admiral, then if an admiral clicks once, doesn't see anything happen, and clicks again, the admiral could be promoting someone to admiral while thinking they're promoting to officer.
  • Options
    It sounds like this could have been a double tap/slow ui bug. If there is now only one button that is either promote to officer or promote to admiral, then if an admiral clicks once, doesn't see anything happen, and clicks again, the admiral could be promoting someone to admiral while thinking they're promoting to officer.[/quote]
    I think this could be it! Either way they should make it a clear distinction between promote to officer or admiral the current way can lead to what happened to me this needs to be redone!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan, this is what I see on my Android device.

vezwoiacjgxl.jpg

I know this guy, if it would be helpful I can try to promote myself to officer and see how it goes.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    @Shan, this is what I see on my Android device.

vezwoiacjgxl.jpg

I know this guy, if it would be helpful I can try to promote myself to officer and see how it goes.

That is how it should be and how it was prior to 8.0.1.
    A regular member cannot be promoted directly to admiral. I also tried double clicking very quickly and did not manage to accidentally promote to admiral.

So I would say that this might have been a combination of unfortunate things and not something that has changed.

The current flow and buttons are also different depending on the rank of the member.

Regular Member: Promote - Kick
    Officer: Promote to Admiral - Demote - Kick
  • Options
    Well then it was a glitch :)