Home Ready Room

What items should always be bought from the Faction Centers?

Not long ago I airlocked my single copy of Klingon Quark when I found out he is very hard to level. Particularly the 100+ basic Rules of Acquisition.
I've been working on Constable Odo and found out he needs a bunch of basic Bajoran phasers.

What other Faction Center items should be snapped up any time you see them for merits?

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Basic ancient films, basic gagh, basic case files, basic holoprograms, and 2 star science experiments are on my autobuy list.

There are several others such as 2* bloodwine, basic orchids, 1* holos, 1* sec codes and basic poisoned drinks that depend on how many I have in inventory
  • I always buy the following with merits:

0* Holoprograms
    1* & 2* Security Codes
    2* Bloodwine
    2* Science Experiments
    0* Ancient Film
    0* Medical Experiments
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3* Optronic Circuit is one I usually buy if it's available for merits. Seem to need those fairly frequently, and they're a wee bit on the costly side otherwise.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go so far as to say any crew that is not 5*. I wanted Culluth just to do the final Sunday cadet mission so I bought a quick three to FF. Also if you think about 4 star crew, I had one star left to immortalize Anastasia so I snatched her up for 1500 dil. If she were in a pack, you could very well spend more than that to get her as anything more than 2 pulls is over 1500. Not even to mention the odds of getting her simply from a premium pull. 5* crew however, NO WAY. Between $150 and $200 (depending on VIP level) just for a 1/5? Hell no!!!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    0* Ancient Film
    0* Medical Experiment
    0* Holoprogram
    2* Bloodwine
    2* Science Experiment
    1* Security Codes

The rest can be gotten by doing cadet challenges (2* Security Codes in EAS-M1-Epic and also 1* and 2* Encoded Communiqués as well as 0* Bajoran Earrings ... the latter three in the same mission UF-M3-Epic).

0* Romulan Encryption Algorithms should be in the Romulan faction store though, as well as 0* Furrengi Rules of Acquisition in the Furrengi stores (both sides) and 0* Encoded Communiqués in the Maquis faction store.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you think about 4 star crew, I had one star left to immortalize Anastasia so I snatched her up for 1500 dil. If she were in a pack, you could very well spend more than that to get her as anything more than 2 pulls is over 1500.

Sincere question - if you could buy honor straight up for dilithium, would you buy 18,000 honor for 1500 dilithium? Personally, I wouldn't, because honor is plentiful for me.

As to the rest of the thread, all I'll say is to recommend restraint with the 2* items if you don't have excess merits/credits. You can find yourself burning through a lot of currency quickly if your stores go on a run of stocking the "must buy" items. That of course also depends on other aspects of your playstyle, like gauntlet and replicating.

A lot of the items listed I agree with.
  • Basically, I'll buy the rare 0* items listed above, and replicate the 2+* items. They are too expensive to me in the faction stores to make sense when we have the replicator.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Also if you think about 4 star crew, I had one star left to immortalize Anastasia so I snatched her up for 1500 dil. If she were in a pack, you could very well spend more than that to get her as anything more than 2 pulls is over 1500.

Sincere question - if you could buy honor straight up for dilithium, would you buy 18,000 honor for 1500 dilithium? Personally, I wouldn't, because honor is plentiful for me.

As to the rest of the thread, all I'll say is to recommend restraint with the 2* items if you don't have excess merits/credits. You can find yourself burning through a lot of currency quickly if your stores go on a run of stocking the "must buy" items. That of course also depends on other aspects of your playstyle, like gauntlet and replicating.

A lot of the items listed I agree with.

I build honor up to use it for legendary bdholds and legendary citations. I bought Anastasia because it would have set me back on that. I determined the 1500 to be better in line with my thought process. I had that dilithium built up anyway from various purchases so it technically didn’t cost me anything up front.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also buy orchids. Usually don't need many, but every so often a character needs bushels of them.
  • Usually just for merits, but for credits when in a pinch and if I'm not strapped for them:

Section 31: 0* holoprogram, 1* holoprogram, 1* security codes, 0* case files
    Federation: 0* ancient film
    Augments: 0* medical experiment
    Maquis: 1* encoded communique
    KCA: 1* disruptor pistol
    Klingon: 1* Klingon house crest

- For 2* and 3* items I try to run shuttles since they drop more easily than the "basic" items, and replicate since it's much cheaper that way.

- For 0* items which can be also be farmed not too expensively with chron like 0* gagh I try to do that instead but sometimes buy for merits.

- For items like 3* optronic circuits and 3* & 4* clothing patterns, I use ad warps (with best drop/run mission according to the wiki) + keep them in mind when sending shuttles.

- For anything that can be gotten from cadet missions (0* SCI experiments, 2* security codes, 2* encoded communiques, 1* encoded communiques, 0* gagh, 0* rules of acquisition, 0* medical lessons (made from 0* medical experiments), 2* Klingon house crests, etc) I try to get them there before replicating. With the exception of 0* ancient films since it would sacrifice lots of chrons to run the normal Ex Astris mission and they don't drop well there for me anyways.
  • Any thing for Merits. I don't spend credits or dil.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not long ago I airlocked my single copy of Klingon Quark when I found out he is very hard to level. Particularly the 100+ basic Rules of Acquisition.
    I've been working on Constable Odo and found out he needs a bunch of basic Bajoran phasers.

What other Faction Center items should be snapped up any time you see them for merits?

Just my 2/100s of Credit, but if you get someone you REALLY want on your Crew, and people say "That Crew is hard to Level because ____________________.", I look at it this way. With my VIP Level, I can Replicate four things a day. Worst case scenario? Someone with EVERYTHING hard to find would take ten days to Level to 100 using Replicated Items......

Just general comment for anyone who is daunted by the thought of a Crew member they really want being hard to Equip for.

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?