Home Make It So!
Options

Who is picking the characters for your events and campaigns?

It's like you guys are intentionally trying to get me to quit playing the game, and I am at Level 90. How about some meat and potatoes instead of crappy side dishes. Really ... florist's Kim and Saru for the new campaign rewards? And I haven't cared about getting any character from the events in weeks, if not months (with maybe the exception being Fal-tor-pan Spock, maybe) . It's been just lame! Ugh.

Comments

• Options
    as long as it's at least main cast ... there's some hope
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    It's like you guys are intentionally trying to get me to quit playing the game, and I am at Level 90. How about some meat and potatoes instead of crappy side dishes. Really ... florist's Kim and Saru for the new campaign rewards? And I haven't cared about getting any character from the events in weeks, if not months (with maybe the exception being Fal-tor-pan Spock, maybe) . It's been just lame! Ugh.

Saru is a solid, if not amazing, main cast Voyager. Kim is not available in the vault. It's not the most exciting choice they've ever made, but it's far from the worst.

In terms of desirable crew...Human Saru was someone I immediately wanted in the game as soon as the episode aired. I'm a Stamets and Culber fan, so I'm loving that we've gotten new versions of both of them this month (two Culbers in one month, no less). People have been begging for George and Gracie to be added to the game for years, not to mention the USS Excelsior. And beyond the actual characters, I've been desiring some power creep for a while and they have been delivering that in spades this Mega.

So this level 99 player is actually quite content, and in fact they've built back some much needed goodwill for me.

Well, I'm happy for you. But if the amount of event participation and comments in my fleet are any indication, there hasn't been much enthusiasm lately. And obviously I haven't been happy with the crew choices, or I wouldn't have finally got frustrated enough to post.

That said, I agree with you on power creep. Especially when good characters are being knocked out of my best performers list, for lame characters that I could care less about and don't want to see.
  • Options

Saru is a solid, if not amazing, main cast Voyager. Kim is not available in the vault. It's not the most exciting choice they've ever made, but it's far from the worst.

In terms of desirable crew...Human Saru was someone I immediately wanted in the game as soon as the episode aired. I'm a Stamets and Culber fan, so I'm loving that we've gotten new versions of both of them this month (two Culbers in one month, no less). People have been begging for George and Gracie to be added to the game for years, not to mention the USS Excelsior. And beyond the actual characters, I've been desiring some power creep for a while and they have been delivering that in spades this Mega.

So this level 99 player is actually quite content, and in fact they've built back some much needed goodwill for me.

Well, I'm happy for you. But if the amount of event participation and comments in my fleet are any indication, there hasn't been much enthusiasm lately. And obviously I haven't been happy with the crew choices, or I wouldn't have finally got frustrated enough to post.

That said, I agree with you on power creep. Especially when good characters are being knocked out of my best performers list, for lame characters that I could care less about and don't want to see.

If you are not a Discovery Fan, that’s okay. The mega reoccurring 5* is from DS9, Dexa is from Voyager, West is from STVI, Human Neelix is from First Contact.... it may not be the most series diverse mega, and it may be Disco heavy, but it’s far from the worst :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    "Hailing frequency open"
    I am on a self-imposed "strategy" in the game. I have built a core crew of male figures based on the original shows. i.e. Kirk, Spock, McCoy. Scotty, Chekov and Sulu. (I am utilising their "mirror" counterparts and personas from various shows and movies but, as far as it goes, with the grudging acceptance of Picard, I am using ONLY female crew members from across the spectrum of different movies and series/ spinoffs.

The big problem I find is that the ratio of male crew, either as rewards for completing missions/ voyages or from "Campaign" awards is most decidedly weighted in favour of the male characters. Doesn't really help my crew development.

Why is it that the "male" of the species gets the lions share of the attention and keep turning up REPEATEDLY as awards for various things?

I have to admit that the only positive thing about it is when you dismiss them it sounds like you're flushing them out an airlock LOL and it helps in accumulating honour points.

Jus' sayin'
    T

"Old enough to remember, young enough not to care"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I keep trying to figure out what you are looking for but I can’t. What exactly is it you would like to see? My perspective is I like the one off characters better than another Chikotay or a Picard. I don’t buy into the “main cast” theory. I can’t remember the last time I said to myself “I don’t have enough event crew to do what I want in this event”. As for meat and potatoes, if the campaign Saru isn’t meat and potatoes enough for you then perhaps you expect too much. Begrudging the 4* does nothing for me. To me, 4*’s are for collections, nostalgia, and events. The numbers on them don’t matter much to me.
    Imagine how I feel as an Enterprise fan. That show gets no love at all here. Despite that, I have been quite pleased with what we have received lately in terms of 5* event crew and have worked pretty hard to obtain many of them. Human Saru, Dexa, Wyatt Earp, Osyraa next week. They’ve given us some powerhouse crew