Home Engineering Room

Kindle crashing since update

It is crashing non-stop since the forced upgrade. I don't even have to be doing anything and it crashes. I mean this literally. I have had it open a running- dashboard, vault, quarters- and set it down to get something for Mom, give treats to the cat, or even check a list when deciding on something, it will back to my Kindle home screen when I pick it up.
I was bounced out TWICE before I could even make my pick between VADM Janeway and Craft in a behold.
I have been bounced in almost every skirmish run. One was double bounced and I will be filing a ticket over that...when I get back in!!!!
Restarting the game and the Kindle doesn't help, so I tried to reinstall. It will not let me log in with FB and the idiot keyboard won't do right to let me try the other way.
What is wrong with it now?!?!?! :'(
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is crashing non-stop since the forced upgrade. I don't even have to be doing anything and it crashes. I mean this literally. I have had it open a running- dashboard, vault, quarters- and set it down to get something for Mom, give treats to the cat, or even check a list when deciding on something, it will back to my Kindle home screen when I pick it up.
    I was bounced out TWICE before I could even make my pick between VADM Janeway and Craft in a behold.
    I have been bounced in almost every skirmish run. One was double bounced and I will be filing a ticket over that...when I get back in!!!!
    Restarting the game and the Kindle doesn't help, so I tried to reinstall. It will not let me log in with FB and the idiot keyboard won't do right to let me try the other way.
    What is wrong with it now?!?!?! :'(

I just used my old Kindle to buy the intel deal, twice. Slow, true, but it went through, so maybe your issues are not related to your device.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been bounce central since Wednesday. I've been double bounced on the same Skirmish run three times now and have to submit a ticket. I restart the app. I restart the Kindle. I broke down and tried reinstalling, but now it won't let me log in to my game on my primary device. I'm playing on my Mom's Kindle or her phone. Every time I try to log in with FB, I get booted back to the splash without anything changing and it won't log me in manually. I tried a couple different passwords and the reset isn't working.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been bounce central since Wednesday. I've been double bounced on the same Skirmish run three times now and have to submit a ticket. I restart the app. I restart the Kindle. I broke down and tried reinstalling, but now it won't let me log in to my game on my primary device. I'm playing on my Mom's Kindle or her phone. Every time I try to log in with FB, I get booted back to the splash without anything changing and it won't log me in manually. I tried a couple different passwords and the reset isn't working.

Maybe don’t login with FB? I never have, so I cannot speak about issues with that platform.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Well, NEITHER login is working. FB bounces me back to the splash. The regular one says something is wrong with my login. The reset option didn't work either.
    Well, the manual log in logged me into the account I accidentally created during the Section 31 campaign VIP0 lvl14, but I still can't access my lvl83 VIP 14 account.
    I managed to get back into my main account on my main device with a work around, using a backup email and a second account. Been double bounced out of SEVEN skirmish runs. Four already today. Two before I got to play a single round both times.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you really should think about getting a new device with more „fire“power.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    It is the new device. Not even a year old yet. Mom stepped on my previous one and bought me a replacement. It's A 9th Generation Fire 7 with expanded memory, A huge SD card, and running in Game Mode. I blare music, stream video, and work on all kinds of projects with no problem. Other games play fine.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    A Fire 7 only has 1GB RAM, thats the main issue. The memory size of the SD card has nothing to do with, how and if a game runs on an device.

I never used anything lower than a Fire HD8 but even those(at least 8 Gen) are not great at all, to run the game smothly. I d try a new Fire HD8 it has 2 GB RAM.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • My Fire HD 10 (7th generation) has run this game quite well for 3+ years, but has absolutely slogged with it since the forced update a few days ago. "Contacting Starfleet" is practically my new screen saver. Actions that used to complete in less than a second, like building a crew equipment piece or really just tapping any button, now take 1-2 seconds normally, and sometimes just lock up for 10+ seconds, or crash.
    It may be a coincidence because Kindle Fire also pushed out an OS update... but other apps on the device like Netflix still work as always, so something's clearly wrong. I suspect something to do with the netcode, the game contacts the server with practically every user action and that send-and-response is now taking far longer than it used to.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Funny thing about this frustrating ongoing situation. ???? As i have said many times i use IOS on multiple devices and Kindle fire. When running the game on my kindle all of the problems have been consistent since previous forced upgrade. but more severe since latest upgrade. Additionally my tablet (fire 7, 9th gen) less than 1 year since purchase gets extremely hot within 10 min of running the game. I use it for nothing but stt and dumped everything but min required for tablet to run. Plenty of space. But yes limited ram and GB. Due to the heat issue i thought it may be my tablet. Amazon kindly exchanged the tablet for an identical model. The same exact thing is happening. I finally got frustrated enough to pull my 6yr old fire out and power it up, Simple (fire, 5th gen). Hmmm....only 1.8 avail storage, slow yes, but actually runs stt better as far as no continual bounce out, no crash while using coins, keyboard good, splash powers up faster than my new tablet, no excessive heat. Something is wrong with the last 2 versions of STT compatibility with newer kindle fire tablets. So for now, this is my work around. And i have no use for my new tablet since it is no longer compatible with the game and thats the only reason i bought it.