Home Make It So!

Is there any reason to save unneeded ship schematics?

I once had this discussion with someone in the old forums. They made a joke, I think eluding to the movie: This Is Spinal Tap, saying:"These ships go to 11." (Sorry if an obscure rock 'n roll, comedy movie reference was lost on you, Dear Reader..)

So, is it possible, some far off day or sooner, saving already used ship schematics could prove useful? Like: ships going beyond 10 or giving them some bonuses, or: salvaging ship schematics is another thought, such as use the excess parts for other ships possibly? Maybe with a probability they work or not, for other ships? Starfleet, or others, ought to have a ship scrap yard or salvage yard? I know they can be used for replication fuel, but it seems wasteful to me. Any one have any thoughts on it?

Perhaps fitting ships with newer technologies, such as better warp, weapons, shielding, etc. capabilities, will be possible. Maybe even fitting ships with the "spore drive" or time travel, in the future, will be something to behold!

Happy Space Travels, All,
Turen Counterpoint
Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity

Best Answers

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    No reason whatsoever
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I sometimes amuse myself by using Borg cube schematics to replicate Borg equipment and so forth. But mostly I just let them sit there. Despite several times using up the schematics, I have over 15K of 5 different 5* ships and close on others. They aren't even worth trading for rations since I have way too many of those, anyway.
  • Answer ✓
    *Hailing frequency open*
    I am fairly new to the game, thoroughly addicted though, and I find the most useful thing about ship schematics; non-Starfleet/ Federation/ mirror Starfleet ones is that they make good replicator fuel. That's about all. They do tend to give good boosts to the replicator at the lower crew level build ups.
    Live long and prosper.
    T
    "Old enough to remember, young enough not to care"
  • CochranCochran ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I use unneeded ship schematics for making rations
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your game is not finished until you have 32,767 copies of all ship schematics. Once you have all of them, every warp core simultaneously explodes causing all of the timelines to collapse on themselves, granting you Captain level 100.

Answers

• Hailing Cochran,
    Agreed, I think that apart from the Cardassian Prakesh (Which I use for Voyages) I only have U.S.S. and I.S.S. mirror Starfleet/Federation ships. I guess that's the purist in me.

Live long and prosper.
    CS
    "Old enough to remember, young enough not to care"
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Your game is not finished until you have 32,767 copies of all ship schematics. Once you have all of them, every warp core simultaneously explodes causing all of the timelines to collapse on themselves, granting you Captain level 100.

This answer wins the forums today. LoL
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!