Home The Bridge
Options

Episode-based collections

We only have two so far:

- Qpid / Sherwood Forest
- Our man Bashir

One other collection is almost episode-based
- Play Ball / Take me out to the Holosuit (Bokai is the odd one out)

I'd say we're pretty close to having complete characters from

- Bada Bing Bada Bang (O'Brien and Jake missing)
- Trials and Tribble-ations
- The Killing Game (would love to see Commando Seven and Janeway for this one and Tortured Kim)

I'd like a Bell Riots/ Past Tense collection, especially if they add Hippy Kira and O'Brien. Plus, I'm hoping for a Time's Arrow collection in the future, but we're a long way from that one with just two characters in the game so far.

What other episode-based collections are you hoping for?

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the ones you already mentioned, I think we're slowly edging toward having enough crew for a Year of Hell collection.

I also wouldn't hate some movie collections - First Contact definitely has enough crew already in game and there are a few others that could get there (gimme some more Motion Picture PJ's please!)

Unfortunately, Ben has indicated they want to move away from these types of collections and toward trait-based ones.
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the ones you already mentioned, I think we're slowly edging toward having enough crew for a Year of Hell collection.

I also wouldn't hate some movie collections - First Contact definitely has enough crew already in game and there are a few others that could get there (gimme some more Motion Picture PJ's please!)

Unfortunately, Ben has indicated they want to move away from these types of collections and toward trait-based ones.

Year of Hell is at the top of my list of episode based collections I'd like to see. We still need a few more characters as well. I wonder if they'd consider adding a 1* airlocked Harry Kim :p
  • Options
    +1 for Year of Hell! :smiley:
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see more episode-based collections. It gives people more reasons to collect crew, so it seems a win/win. All they’d have to do is keep the special avatar awards rolling to keep people happy. It wouldn’t have to be game-breaking stat boosts.

In the Pale Moonlight is an iconic DS9 episode, and we’ve already Saboteur Garak, Senator Vreenak, Grathom Tolar, and Conflicted Sisko as crew. Throw in an Injured Quark or a Disgusted Bashir, and that would make five? (lol).

Though I suppose with SO many episodes as a part of so many different Trek iterations, this could snowball pretty quickly. You’d have people clamoring for their next favorite to be added while others complain about there being TOO MANY collections being added when other things could be done to expand the game.
  • Options
    I don't think we have anyone other than Yelgrun at the moment, but at some point I'm hoping for a Magnificent Ferengi collection - assuming it isn't the inspiration for a Mega instead.

Aw, that'd be a great mega!
  • Options
    I know they said the trait collection was easy to do, but they could give us one theme collection a year or so. If they are adding/updating the collections every month, they could break it like this: 10 trait based additions, 1 month is an update month, and one theme collection. They could even have a poll like they do for Players' Choice. Your pick wins- yay! You don't win- you still get a neat collection and there is always next year.

This sounds like a great idea!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating an episode based collection is hard. But if they launch with all crew and no intention to update the collection it shouldn't be too much work.
  • Options
    Can't believe I hadn't thought of this earlier, but we need a Far Beyond The Stars collection.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe I hadn't thought of this earlier, but we need a Far Beyond The Stars collection.

That’s a bold statement. LOL

What about one collection for each movie?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I don't think we have anyone other than Yelgrun at the moment, but at some point I'm hoping for a Magnificent Ferengi collection - assuming it isn't the inspiration for a Mega instead.

This has been my favorite idea for a mega for a couple of years now. Do it and expand the Ferengi collection, please!
  • Options
    We only have two so far:

- Qpid / Sherwood Forest
    - Our man Bashir

- The Killing Game (would love to see Commando Seven and Janeway for this one and Tortured Kim)

I'd like a Bell Riots/ Past Tense collection, especially if they add Hippy Kira and O'Brien. Plus, I'm hoping for a Time's Arrow collection in the future, but we're a long way from that one with just two characters in the game so far.

I don't think there is a Jake to be added for Bada Bing Bada Bang. The Deep Space Nine (get it?) are Sisko, Kassidy, Kira, Odo, Nog, Chief, Bashir, Ezri, and Vic. Wouldn't mind if they added Cicci (Sec only, anybody?) and Frankie Eyes. Zeemo I could see as well, but given he was barely there, seems unnecessary.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We only have two so far:

- Qpid / Sherwood Forest
    - Our man Bashir

I don't think there is a Jake to be added for Bada Bing Bada Bang. The Deep Space Nine (get it?) are Sisko, Kassidy, Kira, Odo, Nog, Chief, Bashir, Ezri, and Vic. Wouldn't mind if they added Cicci (Sec only, anybody?) and Frankie Eyes. Zeemo I could see as well, but given he was barely there, seems unnecessary.

I'd love to see one of them as the reward. I really like the crew rewards for these vanity collections and wish there did more of them.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hollow Pursuits" is an option too. We have five from the episode, I think. A few more are needed to round it out.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    We only have two so far:

- Qpid / Sherwood Forest
    - Our man Bashir

It's been a while since I've seen that episode, but I think you're right, Jake wasn't in it. My mistake. Hopefully, that means we'll get the collection sooner. :)