Home The Bridge
Options

Which of the Magnificent Ferengi should be added next?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in The Bridge
There is one good DIP option for Ferengi voyagers - Stranded Quark. (FYI, DIP is the only voyage skill with a possible bonus trait of Ferengi.) There is one mediocre option for Ferengi voyagers with DIP - Tuxedo Nog.

I had a CMD/SEC voyage today with a Ferengi seat. Tuxedo Nog is about 350 points below my newly immortalized Human Saru. Somewhere along the way, I did some math and decided that somewhere between 240-320 points, it is not worth it to match the trait. Nog only makes voyages when it's DIP/ENG and there's a Ferengi seat. Any other time, there's better options. Nog is great for collections, so I don't regret citing him or anything like that, but that's a whole other conversation.

Anyway... We need a new legendary 3-skill Ferengi crew for voyages in that DIP seat. Quark can hold down ENG and MED voyages, so we need someone with DIP plus two of the following: SEC, CMD, and SCI. While discussing it with a few of my friends, @bylo band said that the Magnificent Ferengi episode of DS9 https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Magnificent_Ferengi_(episode) would be perfect. I tend to agree. They would pretty much all have a combo of CMD/DIP/SEC. A very boring combo 99% of the time, but if a good Ferengi had it... will it could be useful. Especially if that Ferengi were main cast or had a recurring role imo, but there's some fun options for one-time appearances.

Here's some of the main Ferengi from that episode who I think would be good options.
Farewell 🖖

Which of the Magnificent Ferengi should be added next? 67 votes

Magnificent Quark
5%
Prime LorcaJoeSage 2{PTC} Kennybenny 4 votes
Magnificent Rom
11%
pbertZombie Squirrel DavideBooksIshmael MarxProontHaere LinteseregSTLChiefsfanTop Man [Wolf 359] 8 votes
Magnificent Nog
7%
[QH] Oxmyx(HGH)ApolloTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)PeetsSonja 5 votes
Magnificent Brunt
23%
Nad Haldext74MidspeedGrand-Nagus-BruntJayBeezyAdmiral Lon Suder {SE}robownageMicrohopperDesmaniac=j= FounderFox Van VoxWeyoun 69-{Punisher}-[BAD][CH] 76 suitedTrollitaSteve Levy 16 votes
Prisoner Ishka (Moogie)
4%
PhotonKimTarisMister Flibble 3 votes
Eliminator Leck
28%
AviTrek[KM]VidemCMO ZoidbergMirrorMartiganInquisitor Troi-RikerLjofa[DC] Picard Loves RedsKatlaAldudeBylo BandThorozar Veterinary Phlox[10F]risky DingoEnderW BriMonArkHemlock MartinisChuck S Darwinguest_750701678825472 19 votes
Magnificent Gaila
5%
John Luck PikkardCroakerBCLieutenant Commanderguest_1354819170563072 4 votes
Other Ferengi (specify below)
11%
IvanstoneHaBlackCommander SinclairMirror CartmanNoblemanDKUluruST_DreadnoughtJimBerlin 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    Magnificent Quark
    Personally, I like Quark. But I will readily admit that Magnificent Brunt, Prisoner Ishka, and Eliminator Leck would be great additions to the game as well. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Magnificent Brunt would get my vote! He can really pull off the magnificent part!
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daimon Bok and First Officer Kazago
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Magnificent Nog
    Always happy for more Nog, and haven’t gotten a new one in a while :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    MonArkMonArk ✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    The Magnificent Ferengi is one of my all-time favorite episodes. Leck is one of the more colorful characters who has yet to make an appearance in Timelines, so I'm going with him.
  • Options
    We need Arridor and Kol from the episode "False prophets"
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    Leck is one of my favorite ferengi.

He'd also give us a SEC primary ferengi, and potentially one with MED to reflect his anatomical knowledge.

Nog would probably be an ENG/MED/SEC, and if so he'd be the first ENG/MED or MED/ENG without a SCI tertiary.

Gaila is tremendously fun, although his skills wouldn't stand out the same way. Probably a DIP primary, maybe a little SEC to represent his knowledge as a weapon's dealer, but with a low proficient due to his utter ineptitude using them.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct answer is none.

Get rid of the Ferengi bonus from voyages, and then we can freeze or throw the Ferengi out of the airlock.

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Brunt
    Brunt is sick in the head, and I think we need more Brunt. Lul.
  • Options
    Magnificent Quark
    Magnificent Brunt would get my vote! He can really pull off the magnificent part!
    Trollita wrote: »

As a Jeffrey Combs fan, Brunt is definitely my second choice. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Brunt
    Trollita wrote: »

As a Jeffrey Combs fan, Brunt is definitely my second choice. :)

I confess my vote for Brunt was a vote for Mr. Combs, lul.

And I just realized we don’t have a Tiron in this game. This is such a sadness! We could have a brand-new “Creep” polestar introduced, just for him! :D
    ni4gylz9f69c.jpeg

• Options
    Eliminator Leck
    Personally, I like Quark. But I will readily admit that Magnificent Brunt, Prisoner Ishka, and Eliminator Leck would be great additions to the game as well. :)
    Personally, I favor putting them all in the game as part of a Magnificent Ferengi II mega! Please!
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    We need Arridor and Kol from the episode "False prophets"

i would love these two
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Nog
    All of them!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Are there only 3 Ferengi in the universe?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    Personally, I favor putting them all in the game as part of a Magnificent Ferengi II mega! Please!

I like the way you think :)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    All I can do is think the thoughts, I have no power to make them happen :)
  • Options
    Magnificent Brunt

Quark is my favorite DS9 character, but it would be awesome to have a 5 star Brunt!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Rom
    Went with Rom since his current game cards are showing their age, power-wise, especially compared to Quark and Nog. But honestly, any of them would be fine with me.

Wait, do we only have one Brunt card? He played a bigger role than that in DS9. OK, my second nominee is Brunt.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Magnificent Quark
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Mirror Ferengi should be next.

All of their art should be them dying horribly.

As a big fan of Mirror characters and new love of crew in multiple stat-boosting collections, I fully support this idea. :D

Kind of cool to see Brunt and Leck with a pretty significant lead.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Magnificent Nog
    Lumba Quark (Profit and Lace episode)
    dwahsyln0ke5.jpg

Or a lovely couple: Ishka and Zek
    czz3dekv60ax.jpg

I like Ferengi. Hoping for more Ferengi events!

• Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Ferengi Away Team

Flavor Text: Hiss!

thelastoutpost_hd_352.jpg?format=750w
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that we don't have a version of Leck or Gaila in the game yet, I think it might unfair to make them instant power cards.

I'm going to tangent a bit and say Dr. Arridor, as he is one of the only Ferengi physicians we know of, and he is a crossover between 2 series.

As a MED/DIP/SCI Ferengi, he could be a powerhouse to Voyages.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Magnificent Quark
    Being that we don't have a version of Leck or Gaila in the game yet, I think it might unfair to make them instant power cards.

I'm going to tangent a bit and say Dr. Arridor, as he is one of the only Ferengi physicians we know of, and he is a crossover between 2 series.

As a MED/DIP/SCI Ferengi, he could be a powerhouse to Voyages.

I wouldn't be mad at Leck being a power card. Gaila I'll definitely concede, though. Dr. Arridor would be a great addition. Good call there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Magnificent Nog
    DaiMon Tog (TNG - Menage a Troi episode)
    1w36wzopim3y.jpg
    vxpah3wbhuvs.jpg
    8vhix7v9d00n.png

• Options
    Eliminator Leck
    Definitely Leck just for something so different amongst the Ferengi.
    Would love to see some of the other Daimons aswell instead of just recycling Quark etc.

Daimon Tog with the romantic trait above.
    Daimon Bok with the desperate trait
    Daimon Lurin with the scoundrel and saboteur trait - also would be pretty powerful in battles after taking over Klingon ships.

Also Aren't Ferengi meant to hire Nausicaans? do we even have any of those in the game yet?