Home Make It So!
Options

Ship Schematics = Shuttle Tokens

Extra ship schematics can be used for replication fuel, but you do reach a point where the last thing you need is more replication fuel. Which probably explains the general complaints about ship schematics popping up too often in Dabo, Voyages, Scans and Mission rewards.

If you could convert extra schematics to something more useful, for example, "spare parts" and then in turn use "spare parts" as currency to purchase shuttle requisition tokens and/or voyage extension tokens, ship schematics would become a great deal more interesting.

Comments

• Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    or if you could sell the schematics for federation credits?
  • Options
    Taelle FarTaelle Far ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    or if you could sell the schematics for federation credits?

Anyway we could earn more credits would be nice, given the exorbitant cost of crew retrieval. So I'd go for credit sales too. Replicator fodder is really just too useless
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against this by any means, but I would still really prefer to get useful schematics. You know... any ship released from 2020 to present. Maybe a few released in 2019, I can't remember. No new ships as Arena rewards for over a year. No ships added to dabo or voyage drops in about the same amount of time.

Ship schematics are arguably the most broken thing in the game. It needs some sort of fix and yours is about as good as any.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Taelle Far wrote: »
    Extra ship schematics can be used for replication fuel, but you do reach a point where the last thing you need is more replication fuel. Which probably explains the general complaints about ship schematics popping up too often in Dabo, Voyages, Scans and Mission rewards.

If you could convert extra schematics to something more useful, for example, "spare parts" and then in turn use "spare parts" as currency to purchase shuttle requisition tokens and/or voyage extension tokens, ship schematics would become a great deal more interesting.
    Love it. Love everything about it. WRG, do this.

I'm not against this by any means, but I would still really prefer to get useful schematics. You know... any ship released from 2020 to present. Maybe a few released in 2019, I can't remember.
    Also this, 1000%. They have been using the same schematics for WAY too long. And quiet frankly, it's getting boring (actually, we hit boring beginning of 2021.) So, @WRG Team, what is the ding dong hold up?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I have a few ideas that might breathe some life into the game:

1) How about a "behold" to select from a choice of ships, so we might get something we could use? I really don't need any more Borg Cube or ISS Enterprise schematics.

2) In the Dabo wheel, how about showing items, crew and schematics that we do need (if possible) - like schematics for ships that are not complete, or items needed for current crew. If there were more desirable rewards in Dabo, I'd probably play it more

3) There are some crew members currently not available in the crew retrieval process. I have all but 10 of the 4*, and no real way to get them barring some random LTO. Even if they were to cost a bit more (as "premium" rare crew) at least I could work my way to completing the set

4) Rewards/ crew on a voyage should be gauged based on the ship used, total antimatter and total points of the crew, so that users who have geared up for a long haul get more appropriate rewards. Example: rather than getting random 2* and 3* crew every third interaction, find a random 4* less frequently, with more chronotons or credits in the other finds. Also, for very high level runs, a chance for a random legendary. We could even go one step further and rather than a random crew, make it a random behold (or begold)

I enjoy playing the game, but I find that I hold back a lot on extra purchases outside of the $15 a month (monthly dil and campaign boost) because they generally aren't worth it. I've spent $25 on the 25-pull 10-pack, to walk away with maybe 2 new 5* and a few +1 4* - not that the pack was bad, but at the point I am with the 4* crew, most of them become honor farming. I'd like to see more 5* citation sales or rewards at a fair price - and as others have mentioned, a better exchange rate of honor for airlocked crew.

As with any online game, it has to keep evolving so the players want to continue to play and spend money - and they only spend if they feel that they get value for their purchase - unless you are one of the few "whales" where money is no object.

Just my thoughts. LLAP!
  • Options
    Taelle FarTaelle Far ✭✭✭
    While we are on the topic of schematics, if they won't give us a useful way to recycle schematics, then the schematics for completed ships should at least get a dot on them in the inventory window, or some other indication that they are useless replicator fodder.