Home The Bridge
Options

$0.99 credit offer

I realy regret that they replaced the 500000 credit offer for $0.99 a 5m credit offer from $9.99. the value is the same but the first 1 I could easily justify/afford by just buying one less beer or not buying an icecream or something else 'luxury'

I could even argue that this was the 'healthy' option lol.

But $9.99 is a good amount of money and not as easily justified for a ' luxury' expenditure. And if available might be spend on a crew offer.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Both options should be there. If you buy 5 million credits to retrieve someone, which is obvious that’s what it’s for, you then don’t have any left to level them with
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the decision was a rather tunnel-vision one, something like, “This will please our players who are focusing on crew retrieval.” Thing is, the reality of how much time crew retrieval takes has settled in for many players. I’ve seen the screenshots. Many serious players are sitting on stacks of human or federation polestars. A “quick fix” option to the credit system is not going to make a difference for many trying to retrieve specific crew who are waiting on polestars.

My guess is there will be a loss in revenue. A .99 purchase option is cheaper and offers more flexibility. There are many more players short a few credits for building gear who will go for that dollar bump than there are impatient players wanting that ten-dollar bump for retrieval. I imagine the ones with crew retrieval in mind, but were counting on specific polestar drops, were treating the .99 purchase option as an optional “daily” and already spending. So what you wind up with here is a door slam to revenue from many other players who’d spring for the .99.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have been lucky with polestars and such. So far I have been able to retrieve 11 top notch voyage crew. This offer works for me because of that but by no means do I think my experience mirrors the experiences of others. Having said that, I would still prefer the $1 for 500k daily one. I don’t always necessarily need 5 million at a crack, maybe just one million. That way I can spend $2 instead of committing to $10 then not being able to get more again for a week. So they can either get $2 from me or nothing as I can easily wait for Saturday cadets, get 30 tickets, and score a few million that way.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was personally shell shocked recently to find myself "too broke to replicate" for the first time in, I think, three and a half years!

I mean its always good to find reasons to need to play, but yes, crew retrieval cost me EVERYTHING ;)