Home The Bridge
Options

If Carl is Tkon, can Trelane be Q Continuum?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I've heard it mentioned here and there that maybe Trelane was Q. Poor Trelane has been stat-creeped so hard. Maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable to give him an extra collection. :)

Which is the one crew who you most want to see have a trait that might be a little questionable, but might also be reasonable?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trelane is some sort of Q in one of the novels. "Q Squared", I think. I haven't read it in 20 years, so things are a bit fuzzy. It was good though. I was in middle school and it was probably the first Peter David novel I read.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that book, but I didn't know who Trelane was back then. I was raised on TNG as my first Trek. Wish I still had that book.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭

Which is the one crew who you most want to see have a trait that might be a little questionable, but might also be reasonable?

I’d like to see General Chang given saboteur. Cartwright and Valeris have it. Even Klingon West has it.

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trelane is some sort of Q in one of the novels. "Q Squared", I think. I haven't read it in 20 years, so things are a bit fuzzy. It was good though. I was in middle school and it was probably the first Peter David novel I read.

Yep, that's the one. It's still my favourite Trek novel.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    MonArk wrote: »
    Socrates should have the Veteran trait. He fought in the Peloponnesian War.

Indeed he did. That made me think, which historical figures are missing traits?
    I know Lincoln served with the militia during the Black Hawk War, but I don't think he saw combat.
    Amelia Earhart wrote books. Shouldn't she have "Writer"? She was also a "nurse" during WWI and the Spanish Flu.
    I'm sure something was overlooked on DaVinci. He should have a ridiculous number of them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Yep, that's the one. It's still my favourite Trek novel.

Q Squared was also my favorite!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best ST novels and definitely one of my faves. I still have it in my library. Peter David's writing is wonderful for this genre.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Agreed 100%
  • Options
    Carl being Tkon is at least hinted at in his episode, so I'm down with it.

I'd like to see Col. West, Admiral Cartwright and Valeris get Section 31. It was a conceit used in the Decipher CCG, and it really grew on me.