Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event - Road to Redemption - 2021-05-20

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of galaxy phases and chroniton events lately. The space hippy episode makes me laugh though, so I'll probably rank.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another exciting card worth fighting for....NOT. 😞
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art is great on Adam, gonna get him for avatar and bridge purposes. Yikes though, his voyage score is terrible. Would like to see new legendaries no worse than 150th overall. I do like Q and that he is costumed and can be finished.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam is not high for voyages, but he has 4 second evasion, which could be good
  • Lots of galaxy phases and chroniton events lately.

Indeed - I'm in two minds now about whether I play this week's skirmish or skip it to save chrons for this galaxy next week... I have Wesley 2/4 from his debut event so will only need to rank +#5,000 but the last few galaxies I haven't even made threshold due to lack of resources. This one I really want to get both purples finished to claim back the crew slots.

I realise I can get chrons in the skirmish but at some point I will have to spend some to get intel to then get some more... 🤔
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final star on Wesley, and he will be straight in the freezer.
    Another costumed, and the 60th I will immortalise, provided I don't get a star on one of my other 5 super-rares first. Excellent.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to use a 4* cite on Burnham to get my 60th costume. Q lets me save that cite and use it for a 4* in another collection instead.
  • "I assure you, I am not Herbert."
    If you bet it, they will call.
    iwucapr1jffu.png

Loving these backgrounds.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groovy, Herbert
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    iwucapr1jffu.png

I wish we could get these as bridge backgrounds. Maybe earn them by participating in the event. Maybe put old ones as collection rewards.
    Farewell 🖖
    Lots of galaxy phases and chroniton events lately.

Indeed - I'm in two minds now about whether I play this week's skirmish or skip it to save chrons for this galaxy next week... I have Wesley 2/4 from his debut event so will only need to rank +#5,000 but the last few galaxies I haven't even made threshold due to lack of resources. This one I really want to get both purples finished to claim back the crew slots.

I realise I can get chrons in the skirmish but at some point I will have to spend some to get intel to then get some more... 🤔

Play the skirmish. Farm some galaxy items if you want to attempt both. Skirmish has the better payout, especially for newer players.

I wonder why WRG wants all our chronitons, though. They'll have to offer better legendaries if they're serious about bleeding my supply.
    Farewell 🖖
    iwucapr1jffu.png

I wish we could get these as bridge backgrounds. Maybe earn them by participating in the event. Maybe put old ones as collection rewards.

Great idea, I would love that. Not every event has to be about acquiring crew. Ship skins would also be awesome.
    Let’s fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...is anyone else having the info boxes for the opposing ships, not your ship just the opponent, coming up in German? I accidentally tapped a ship ability and it came up in German. I checked. They all are for me.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that happens to me a lot. Usually a restart fixes it.
    Play the skirmish.

Aye aye, Captain B) Tinkering in the event this morning I discovered I can get through all 5 battles on Epic for the first time in my playing career, so thank you for the push @Prime Lorca [10FH]! I'm a little more confident now that resources will replenish a lot quicker playing at this higher level.

Congrats! That is an achievement. It's a great feeling. Some chrons stored up for a Skirmish is great, but you don't need as many as you think. You can farm for Galaxy or build crew. I usually build crew.
    I, too, hit a milestone today. I finished the new purple less than five hours into the event.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Play the skirmish.

Aye aye, Captain B) Tinkering in the event this morning I discovered I can get through all 5 battles on Epic for the first time in my playing career, so thank you for the push @Prime Lorca [10FH]! I'm a little more confident now that resources will replenish a lot quicker playing at this higher level.

Huge milestone to complete skirmish on epic! Congratulations, @Steph loves Voyager ! Your game is on the way to a new level. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • The new Q has the trait xenoanthropology which is notably something Burnham does in Discovery. Anthropology being the study of animals and the xeno being from other worlds. Exoarchaeology on the other hand I think would be a better trait for him. Vash has it and this version is from when he goes off with her on adventures at the end of the episode. He’s named Archeologist Q and Exoarchaeology is the study of Archeology from other worlds so wouldn’t it make sense for him to have Exoarchaeology instead of (or along with) Xenoanthropology?

Just my take on it :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • From the website of the University of Wyoming: Anthropology is the study of human behavior, beliefs, and adaptations. In the U.S. this study is traditionally divided into four sub-fields. The Anthropology department at U.W. offers courses in all four sub-fields: Archaeology and Biological, Cultural, and Linguistic Anthropology. (Emphasis added)

So xenoanthropology seems fine to me, but since both traits are in the game, why not both? He does appear to be dressed for field work in the archaeology sub-discipline.
  • From the website of the University of Wyoming: Anthropology is the study of human behavior, beliefs, and adaptations. In the U.S. this study is traditionally divided into four sub-fields. The Anthropology department at U.W. offers courses in all four sub-fields: Archaeology and Biological, Cultural, and Linguistic Anthropology. (Emphasis added)

So xenoanthropology seems fine to me, but since both traits are in the game, why not both? He does appear to be dressed for field work in the archaeology sub-discipline.

Thanks for the input! I do enjoy trait discussions and obviously I don’t know everything about (xeno) anthropology and (exo) archeology :wink:

Captain Level 99

From the website of the University of Wyoming: Anthropology is the study of human behavior, beliefs, and adaptations. In the U.S. this study is traditionally divided into four sub-fields. The Anthropology department at U.W. offers courses in all four sub-fields: Archaeology and Biological, Cultural, and Linguistic Anthropology. (Emphasis added)

That outfit works to any of the four.
    I give you Louis Leaky, the noted human paleontologist (a sub-discipline of Biological/Physical Anthropology)
    p4y76t18zro6.png
    You dress for the place. Comfort and function are the only concern in the field. We all love cargo pockets though. That's what I wore for both my field schools. You have all sorts of bags, brushes, picks, et c. for archaeology, but notebooks, pens, pencils, measuring tools, charts, maps, and the like are common to all four. Q is just wearing tropical gear. Similar outfits were the standard for centuries- civilian and military.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaeology is the study of human culture through the impression they make on the world, and the objects and structures they leave behind. It looks at material culture when the people themselves aren't available. (Although historic archaeologists often use textual and even personal accounts to inform their work, and some archaeology goes hand-in-hand with material culture studies by socio-cultural anthropologists.)

When Q entices Picard, he's specifically talking about going back to the people themselves, not just the ruins they left.

To this end, I think it's great that Archaeologist Q has the xenoarchaeology trait . . . but it is odd that he doesn't also have exoarchaeology given his name.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Apologies, if this is not the correct thread to post this in. Isn't the new Archaeologist Q from the end of Qpid when he leaves with Vash to go traveling the galaxy ? If that is the case, should he also be part of the Merry Men collection since he would be from the same episode?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silik wrote: »
    Apologies, if this is not the correct thread to post this in. Isn't the new Archaeologist Q from the end of Qpid when he leaves with Vash to go traveling the galaxy ? If that is the case, should he also be part of the Merry Men collection since he would be from the same episode?

No, we already have the Sheriff of Nottingham for Q.
  • Community pull:

vgnz4hrspnuc.jpg
    wkj0rfuec5c8.jpg

I was going to save it for when I had some slots available, but couldn't help myself 😖 so got lucky with Shran.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I’m bored. Do better, the studio. You have ignored our requests for years. Why on Earth would I give you more money, when you refuse or ignore us players?

Cc: this huge sub-forum.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Threshold: makes me wonder why I went for threshold.... :neutral:

80znn87rud5c.png
    pj9zfdunjqpm.png

Captain Level 99