Home Engineering Room
Options

CPU usage spikes

Hailing Starfleet,
Before the latest updates were applied I used to set the game running with various shuttle missions/voyage engaged and then leave the program running in the background while doing other things.

Just recently I have noticed that if I do this, at random points, STT will spike in demand on my CPU to 99.1% usage and literally freeze everything else in my system.

Can you you advise why and is there a workaround for this or should I just keep setting the game in motion and exit as I have been doing lately?

Live long and prosper,
Captain S.
"Old enough to remember, young enough not to care"

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please provide some details about which platform you use and the specs of your computer?

I always recommend to not leave the game running in the background.

But if you are noticing a change compared to an older version, it might be something we will need to look into.

• Options
    Hailing Admiral Shan,
    Good morning.

Computer specs are as follows,
    Computer is HP All-in-one desktop PC, Intel Pentium CPU G3260T @ 2.90 GHz
    16.0GB installed RAM, 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Software Windows Home 10 vers. 2004, OS Build 19041.985 with Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.2020.0 and Touch screen support with 10 touch points.

Operated using Keyboard and Mouse

The issue has only come to light since the last STT system updates were applied.

As I say, I have since stopped leaving it running in the background. That just made it easier to flip back and forth while I was doing other things. Still LOVE the game. Any advice you may have would be gratefully received.

Live long and prosper.
    Capt. S
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hailing Admiral Shan,
    Good morning.

Computer specs are as follows,
    Computer is HP All-in-one desktop PC, Intel Pentium CPU G3260T @ 2.90 GHz
    16.0GB installed RAM, 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Software Windows Home 10 vers. 2004, OS Build 19041.985 with Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.2020.0 and Touch screen support with 10 touch points.

Operated using Keyboard and Mouse

The issue has only come to light since the last STT system updates were applied.

As I say, I have since stopped leaving it running in the background. That just made it easier to flip back and forth while I was doing other things. Still LOVE the game. Any advice you may have would be gratefully received.

Live long and prosper.
    Capt. S

Thank you for providing this.
    At this time I do not have any other advice than continuing what you are doing, not leaving the game running when not playing.
  • Options
    Good morning Admiral,
    Apologies for the delay in reply. Thank you for your advice and your time. I have been recording and analysing the times and periods when it occurs. Seeing if there is some sort of pattern; apply a bit of the "Spock" logic to it all.
    LLAP