Home The Bridge
Options

New Collection - Survivalists!

edited May 2021 in The Bridge
New collection up- max 80 tiers

How did everyone do with it? :smile:

Edit: I have 48 immo and I own 67... Got one good behold from my rewards and took third star on Daniels

56qowk7mtl0m.png
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    2 tiers away from max!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Apparently I already had 61 immortalized survivalists, and I haven't even had a chance to see how many crew/citations I am away from the final tier, or where there are overlaps with other collections.

EDIT: added a 4th star to Dr. Pulaski from a beGold received as loot from this new collection
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    47 FFed. Could have been 48 but I skipped finishing Vagrant Braxton for an additional Zero One in a behold today.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    53 FFed, 65 owned.
    2 beholds from the loot.
    Both fully frozen.

But stat boosts and honour were nice.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    59 FFFE, and one star to add on Stranded Quark, who was my next planned crew retrieval anyway. Those next 20 are going to take a while though, even if the next Mega is chock full of survivalists.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    53 FFed, 77 owned.

Not too bad ;)
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    55/60, 21 to finish
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    % Balancing between skills got a little better.
    3% max gap in Base boosts and 4% in Prof boosts.

04h9rdm8w8z7.jpeg
    fvmuvrfw45gq.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    0p0p4wbcybih.png

i always appreciate free gifts
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Have 49 FF, the 5 single premium pulls yielded useless schematics and honor. My 10 pull got me a third star for Klingon Neelix, my first Leonardo DaVinci (he’s another one I’m planning to pull as I have the pole stars for him) and honor. Getting a bump in Med is nice.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    42 immortal and 77 crew total.
    The buffs finally put me at 1000+ base for Med in my top ten.
    I also got this begold (took Commandant) and a good bundle of Breen Command Ship schematics.
    abjbarp39mdz.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    19 immortalised for me & 37 total. Resolute Chakotay no longer in the Freeze/Space column of my DNA sheet!! 😍
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    55/60.

FFed Aviator Yar a week ago which was helpful.

Not so helpful? Looks like Mintaken Riker (1/5) is on the Immortal short list since he's one of only 3 Costumed Survivalists. Unfortunately he's a blah CSD crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 58 immortalized with two purples I can finish to get to 60 if I add a star to one.

I liked my Mintakan Riker, used to use him a lot in voyages cause he always got bonus. He also shows up in a lot of events being a Riker and a Vulcan.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, WRG! SCI and ENG can use just a little more attention on the next go to even them out a little. I'm hoping for maybe a Cyberneticist collection and mega event in a couple months. It's not a terribly large pool, so it could use some expansion. I count 51 in the game now. Maybe a couple more in the coming weeks, then a strong showing in a mega event could get us to 60. I would love to see a new Bruce Maddox be included somehow. More Data, Geordie, Torres, Bashir, and Crusher would also be welcome. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I love this collection! I already had 59 immortal crew yesterday and I only need to decide which 4/5* will get a cite or become a retrieval target to get to 60 :)

However, seeing everyone in one place made me wonder again why Cornwell didn't get this trait. Last time I brought it up, someone mentioned "Survivalist" being in reference to Bear-Grylls style abilities. Looking at the crew in the collection, that doesn't seem to be the case for all of them.

I'm more familiar with Voyager and DISCO, because I (re)watched them in recent years, so I'll just mention the crew from those shows:
    • Away Team Burnham: Manages not to get killed by Ripper during an away missions. Survives in a dangerous enviroment.
    • Vice Admiral Janeway: Survived the 70 years in the Delta Quadrant, so that one makes sense from every point of view, I guess.
    • Harcourt Fenton Mudd, Time Loop Mudd: Survives Klingon Prison and confrontations with Discovery crew by being smart and scheming.
    • Ripper: Survives being captured and almost worked to death by establishing some sort of communication with Burnham.
    • Various versions of Tyler: Survived Klingon Prison.
    • Various versions of Neelix: Survived being alone and with no allies in the Delta Quadrant, mainly by being smart. Adapts easily to various unfamiliar situations.
    • Maquis Chakotay, Commander Chakotay: Survives by making an alliance with Starfleet (?)
    • Injured Torres, Resolute Chakotay, Tactical Officer Neelix, Determined Janeway: Survive a conflict situation, which at some point leads to a scarcity of resources and crew, so they would fit most definitions of the term.
    • Android Mudd: Survives by convincing people not to kill him.
    • Vagrant Braxton: Another one that fits every criteria including Bear-Grylls skills.
    • Various versions of Saru: Manages not to get killed in a ritual culling by escaping his planet.
    • GI Chakotay, Klingon Neelix, Klingon Janeway: Are unknowingly trapped in a simulation where they are forced to fight for their life and die over and over again (surprisingly the crew from The Killing Game that is not represented in fight scenes doesn't have the trait).
    • Homesteader Janeway: Survives by starting a new life on a strange planet. Sort of Bear-Grylls like.
    • Medic Jett Reno: Again a card that fits every possible notion of a survivalist.

tl;dr
    The trait Survivalist seems to be given to crew for one or both of these reasons:
    • They survived in an unknown, hostile or inhospitable environment using their intelligence, practical skills or their ability to find allies.
    • They successfully fought to survive against someone trying to kill them.

I would say that Cornwell fits both criteria given that in the episodes her card is from the most important things she does are:
    • Surviving Klingon prison through her resilience and by forging an alliance with L'Rell.
    • Surviving the fight against L'Rell.
    • Managing to shoot down a few Klingons while waiting for help with Tyler.

Prove me wrong!

(Quick disclaimer: I didn't write this to get the trait removed from the other cards! Please don't do that! I don't want to be hated on these forums for the rest of eternity :sweat_smile: )
  • Options
    She also needs "physician". She's a psychiatrist and thus an MD. " Veteran" wouldn't really be a stretch either. She was a wartime admiral.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    She also needs "physician". She's a psychiatrist and thus an MD. " Veteran" wouldn't really be a stretch either. She was a wartime admiral.

She really doesn't.

A psychiatrist being an MD is a 21st century Earth credential.

A psychiatrist is a person who fixes the brain meats so she has the Counselor trait. Guinan and Troi are not physicians either.
    A physician is a person who fixes the body meats and has the appropriate trait. Antaak is not a Medical Doctor but he certainly qualifies as having the Physician trait.

I wouldn't give her Veteran either. If you did you would probably have to hand them out to almost the entire cast of TNG and DSC.
  • Options
    A counselor can't prescribe medication and she specifically made a reference to her being a doctor, after Lorca talked about not liking doctors. She's the only counselor I'd argue should have both traits specifically because of that.
    Troi is a psychologist (I think this was mentioned a time or two), which is a simple college degree. Cornwell is a psychiatrist, which requires medical school and would mean she has the same basic training as any other doctor.
    The difference was her residency, when she specialized. Up until residency, A psychiatrist and a cardiologist are exactly the same until they specialize. There might be some variation in electives, but not core. Qualifications tend to become more stringent, not less, with time. A psychiatrist is Doctor on graduation. A psychologist would have to pursue a doctorate to earn the title and then they are a Ph.D, not an MD.
    Fine, I'll concede the Veteran, but she deserves Hero. Dying to save the ship has to be something. Unless we get another variant with that.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    A counselor can't prescribe medication and she specifically made a reference to her being a doctor, after Lorca talked about not liking doctors. She's the only counselor I'd argue should have both traits specifically because of that.
    Troi is a psychologist (I think this was mentioned a time or two), which is a simple college degree. Cornwell is a psychiatrist, which requires medical school and would mean she has the same basic training as any other doctor.
    The difference was her residency, when she specialized. Up until residency, A psychiatrist and a cardiologist are exactly the same until they specialize. There might be some variation in electives, but not core. Qualifications tend to become more stringent, not less, with time. A psychiatrist is Doctor on graduation. A psychologist would have to pursue a doctorate to earn the title and then they are a Ph.D, not an MD.
    Fine, I'll concede the Veteran, but she deserves Hero. Dying to save the ship has to be something. Unless we get another variant with that.

21st Century Earth regulation. Doctorate in what?
    I have no idea what Troi's actual education is. Its probably a lot more than a simple college degree.
    21st Century Earth education requirements.

Its really just about what you do. How many of the game's Physicians have actual Medical Doctorates? Cornwell didn't fix the body meats. She might've had the knowledge required but its not what she did. EMH probably has the same or better Psychiatric programming as anyone but its not what he did or cared to do.

Considering she blew herself up later, Hero wouldn't be out of order although Self-Harm Jury Rig Cornwell might come at a later date.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Ivanstone wrote: »

21st Century Earth regulation. Doctorate in what?
    I have no idea what Troi's actual education is. Its probably a lot more than a simple college degree.
    21st Century Earth education requirements.

Its really just about what you do. How many of the game's Physicians have actual Medical Doctorates? Cornwell didn't fix the body meats. She might've had the knowledge required but its not what she did. EMH probably has the same or better Psychiatric programming as anyone but its not what he did or cared to do.

Considering she blew herself up later, Hero wouldn't be out of order although Self-Harm Jury Rig Cornwell might come at a later date.

It's not just a difference in regulations though. A psychiatrist's job is very different from that of a counselor, psychologist or therapist (at least here where I live). Psychiatrists diagnose mental illnesses and prescribe medication or other treatment. They treat the brain and mind as an organ and cure it by fixing its chemical imbalances. Some psychiatrists are also trained therapists, so they can provide therapy too. A psychologist or therapist can make diagnoses, but they can't prescribe any medication, because they're not physicians.

The doctorate that Carlisle mentioned has to do with the fact that Cornwell refers to herself as a doctor, which she almost certainly wouldn't if she was a counselor. Or, to be honest, if she had a PhD. No one I know with a PhD refers to themselves as a doctor, except for the title they might use on official documents.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 40 done.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Troi studied Psychology at the University of Betazed ("Tin Man") and again at Starfleet Academy ("Conundrum "). Her degrees are Psychology (" The Loss").
    Likewise, Ezri is a psychologist. She ID's herself as such and was commissioned as an ensign, as opposed to a lieutenant j.g., like doctors.
    To counter your 21st century argument, Elizabeth Dehner is a psychiatrist and she has physician, plus she's roughly contemporary (2200s) with Cornwell.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    53 done, I have 70
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    57 Immortal out of 77 owned.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 62 done, so that was a nice set of bonuses & a few buffs. Took me a whole day after the collection came out to realize there was a new one and to reset the game to see it. :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...