Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Skirmish Event - Playing Hardball - Mega-Event Part 2 - 2021-06-10

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx Shan.
    Let’s fly!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 5* NX-class ship? :(

At least the Kira card looks great.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Another 5* NX-class ship? :(

At least the Kira card looks great.

For another perspective:

WE FINALLY GOT THE SMEGGING COLUMBIA!!!!!!

The artwork on Kira and Miles looks great.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    tg7jzd9kasad.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not my cuppa. Have fun, y’all. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    O’Brien is a super rare Klingon which helps with collections.
    Let’s fly!
  • Kira looks great, too bad O’Brien isn’t a Jury Rigger but happy he’s got Klingon. Too bad about the new ship but i’ll be happy for the ENT fans :wink:

My question is why doesn’t Kira and O’Brien have Survivalist??
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far none of the mega event crew have had survivalist so don’t get the bonus after their week except Quark.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far none of the mega event crew have had survivalist so don’t get the bonus after their week except Quark.

That's been the normal issue with megas for 1+ year. The crew are all one theme, but the bonus trait is different and they rarely overlap.

That being said, EV Garak is a survivalist and hopefully the 4* in the hybrid will be too.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

That's been the normal issue with megas for 1+ year. The crew are all one theme, but the bonus trait is different and they rarely overlap.

That being said, EV Garak is a survivalist and hopefully the 4* in the hybrid will be too.

Yeah i’ve noticed the pattern, it’s quite sad tbh. Love the new Garak though :smiley:

Captain Level 99

• edited June 2021
    Kira looks great, too bad O’Brien isn’t a Jury Rigger but happy he’s got Klingon. Too bad about the new ship but i’ll be happy for the ENT fans :wink:

My question is why doesn’t Kira and O’Brien have Survivalist??

I also wanted to chime in and say that this O'Brien should be a Jury Rigger. It seems like a pretty integral trait of the character, like Physician is to Bashir.

I think an argument could be made for this Kira to be a Survivalist as well.

EDIT: I think the RAF versions of Bashir and O'Brien are a good parallel to their Kal'Hyah versions. With the RAFs, Bashir and O'Brien each gain the Pilot trait while maintaining their "core" traits of Physician and Jury Rigger respectively. Both Kal'Hyah Bashir and O'Brien have gained the Klingon trait, and Bashir is still a Physician, but O'Brien is missing the Jury Rigger trait. It seems like a mistake to me, and hopefully it's an easy fix.
  • Any chance we’ll get ship stats ahead of time?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we’ll get ship stats ahead of time?

Max Lv.? Doubtful. The NX-02 is already displayed in the Shipyard, though:

0e3cbhi3fj5x.png
    p3xwaq8p80t8.png
    55ds60d7bc0j.png
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • @Shan - are we supposed to be getting extra threshold rewards this week? My rewards table still stops at 350k and there's no difference in rewards from other events. Or will it post when the new Campaign begins?
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're in the lower rewards, not expanded past 350k.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan - are we supposed to be getting extra threshold rewards this week? My rewards table still stops at 350k and there's no difference in rewards from other events. Or will it post when the new Campaign begins?

Accolades have been added to existing thresholds rewards, please check again? :)
    0nm6269adcjm.png
    Might be a "minor" thing, but the new O'Brien does not show up in the Crew Quarters when you search for "O'Brien". Falcon and Darts O'Brien do show up, so it was not misspelled.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a "minor" thing, but the new O'Brien does not show up in the Crew Quarters when you search for "O'Brien". Falcon and Darts O'Brien do show up, so it was not misspelled.

If you search for Brien he shows up. Looking closely, I can see a curve in the ' used for the new O'Brien. I suspect the character name uses ' instead of ', or some other minor character difference that looks similar unless you examine them closely. It's probably even an auto-conversion in Microsoft Word that was copy/pasted into the code without realize it's different than the one used for the other version.
    AviTrek wrote: »

If you search for Brien he shows up. Looking closely, I can see a curve in the ' used for the new O'Brien. I suspect the character name uses ' instead of ', or some other minor character difference that looks similar unless you examine them closely. It's probably even an auto-conversion in Microsoft Word that was copy/pasted into the code without realize it's different than the one used for the other version.

Well, that's weird. Probably is a copy/pasta issue.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some pasta.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thresholds anyone?

r1xc0w2suqnw.jpg
    je7l9scrznfa.jpg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • of course all it took was a refresh of the app, but still funny :wink:

qic9lspxe4zn.png

Captain Level 99

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add some white stripes and you'll have the NX-02 District of Columbia!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold screenshot didn't take, but I got a beGold. Took Wyatt over second star on Tilly. I have Kol immortal.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Final star on Etana who’s been sitting at 4 stars since her mega!! Would have been nice to take Amanda as well but happy with what I got :wink:

wi6c8aikioqp.png
    85kf8fscfm5o.png

Captain Level 99