Home The Bridge
Options

Rare skill trios and the crew to fill them

There are some skill trios that have no representation among Legendary crew, or very few options. I thought it would be fun to put together a potential list of crew to fit these niches - and see who else folks could come up with!

Scientific Diplomat Crusher
6x22 Suspicions
SCI/MED/SEC

A medical doctor hosts a scientific examination of Dr. Reyga’s metaphasic shielding. Solid beginning for a SCI/MED crew, and the investigation (and its conclusion) gives her some added SEC. Also my favorite Crusher episode!

Hunted Julian Bashir
2x13 Armageddon Game
MED/CMD or MED/SEC with ENG

Bashir dodges T’lani squads while O’Brien gets progressively worse from his exposure to the harvester bioweapon, demonstrating MED with CMD or SEC. An opportunity to flex his engineering extension courses gives him a dash of ENG.

Suspicious Julian Bashir
3x26 The Adversary
MED/ENG/SEC

Bashir aids in tracking down a changeling, and retaking the Defiant. Those extension courses come in useful again, and his biobed connection is good enough to get the Chief’s approval, so I think it’s worth bumping ENG up to secondary.

Picnic O’Brien
6x24 Time’s Orphan
DIP/MED/ENG

Just as his friend dabbles in ENG, O’Brien has been known to dabble in MED, although more on the counseling side. There’s probably no “torture O’Brien” episode that demonstrates this better than when his daughter falls through a time vortex and ends up spending 10 years alone on an uninhabited planet.

Besieged Ezri Dax
7x08 The Siege of AR-558
SEC/MED/ENG or MED/SEC/ENG

Ezri’s defense of this Starfleet installation gives her plenty of opportunity to use her skills as a counselor and a soldier. Her work with Kellin to reveal the “Houdinis” gives her some added ENG.

Hirogen Medic
4x18/19 The Killing Game
CMD/SEC/MED

These skills could be put in a few different orders, all of which have no/few representatives in the game. Plus, not many Hirogen in the game!
Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIP/MED/ENG or CMD/MED/ENG could me filled by Tour Guide Picard from 5x5 Disaster.
    That episode serves as fertile ground for lots of options.
    ENG/SEC/CMD could be served by Riker with Data's Head! Definitely A Jury Rigger.
    Acting Captain Troi and Damage Control Crusher could both offer up CMD/MED/ENG.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be useful to list the skill trios that are below a certain threshold in terms of existing crew (ie: less than 5 or 10 legendary crew with each trio of skills), as well as the existing crew in each set.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Good point! I believe these are the trios with absolutely no legendary crew, although I may be missing some recent Tuesday cards.

Edit: Skill trios with 0-2 legendary crew.

ixxzlsnlc01j.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for crew in that exact order?
  • Options

No particular order, just what folks are inspired by.

Starport
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

No particular order, just what folks are inspired by.

If order doesn't matter then there are only 20 possible skill pairs. They are all represented. Here is the current count:

CMDENGMED 2
    DIPENGMED 2
    CMDSECMED 3
    ENGSECMED 5
    CMDSCIMED 7
    SECSCIMED 8
    DIPENGSEC 11
    DIPSECMED 13
    DIPSECSCI 13
    CMDDIPENG 14
    CMDDIPMED 14
    ENGSCIMED 14
    ENGSECSCI 17
    CMDENGSCI 20
    DIPENGSCI 20
    CMDSECSCI 22
    DIPSCIMED 25
    CMDENGSEC 27
    CMDDIPSCI 42
    CMDDIPSEC 104

It looks like you're looking at specific order, but in that case, the crew you pick need to be in that order too.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both!

I was glad to see that I actually have the rarest trios covered fairly well:

CMD / ENG / MED (2) - Delta Paris (imm)
    DIP / ENG / MED (2) - Dexa (imm), Stranded Quark (2/5)
    CMD / SEC / MED (3) - Warship EMA (imm)
    SEC / ENG / MED (5) - Barry Waddle (imm), Ba'ul (4/5), TP Chakotay (1/5)
  • Options

I understand now. Yes I was thinking specific trio orders. So the existence of Stranded Quark at DIP/ENG/MED doesn't count for ENG/DIP/MED. Some of these seem pretty difficult to me, and there's a good reason so many trios with ENG and MED are unfilled.

And while I'm specifically thinking about legendary crew, there are some other crew that fill these slots. Looking just at Super Rare:

SCI/MED/SEC Heist Bashir
    MED/SEC/DIP Captive Bashir
    MED/SEC/ENG Changling Bashir
    MED/SEC/ENG Doctor La Forge
    MED/SEC/ENG Mirror McCoy
    MED/CMD/SEC Command Hologram
    CMD/MED/SEC Tieran Possessed Kes
    MED/ENG/DIP Rianna Mayweather
    SCI/SEC/ENG Rogue Harry Kim
    SCI/SEC/ENG Temporal Agent Seven

Starport
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had been thinking of Dexa.