Home The Bridge
Options

CYBER WEEK SPECIAL

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
I first read the offer I thought it said you can buy up to two times during the length of the event.

But the offer has a 12 hour count down.

Did I make a mistake when I read it the first time?
1itgw0p7hn0y.png

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    6y8x9g6vwxpr.png
    My mistake. When you first login the offer will start with a countdown timer.
  • Options
    Yep now there's 12k chronos to be bought so far just got the add once so far
  • Options
    Pretty much all I care about at this point are packs, and the ten for $10 is a regular sale offer. From the perspective of packs, this is 50% more for 2.5 times the cost. Even if you used all the dilithium for 10 packs, that's 18 packs. Easy pass. Hey DB, people like Black Friday sales because stuff costs LESS. Pass.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it also comes with 2000 dilithium, which I believe costs about thirty dollars anyways.
  • Options
    I love this deal one tiny weeny problem, I get paid on Saturday and this is a countdown offer , oh well :(
  • Options
    Offer $25 for 25x10 + 2500 Dilithium for Christmas between the 24th & 26th and you got a sale here DB !
  • Options
    I wonder if anyone knows why this could not be made into an offer that could be in the "shop", instead of a 12 hour countdown.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Vyger_Borg wrote: »
    Pretty much all I care about at this point are packs, and the ten for $10 is a regular sale offer. From the perspective of packs, this is 50% more for 2.5 times the cost. Even if you used all the dilithium for 10 packs, that's 18 packs. Easy pass. Hey DB, people like Black Friday sales because stuff costs LESS. Pass.

You still get the Chronitons and the VIP. Dilithium is nice to have to use on event packs so it is worth more.

I think it is a good deal because it got me up to VIP 8 which means 25 more crew slots.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hildor wrote: »
    I love this deal one tiny weeny problem, I get paid on Saturday and this is a countdown offer , oh well :(

Same problem, but I get paid Friday instead of Saturday. Our dang Credit Union KNOWS they are closed from tomorrow through Sunday, and still will not give us our pay when we can actually bank at the bank......

Instead of a Timer, it should have been for the Event duration.

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

However, you are using biased maths. You decide you only care bout one thing in the pack, and then just disregard the other stuff is there. It is NOT $25 for the ten Ten-Pulls. It is $25 for the ten Ten-Pulls, 3000 Chronitons, 2000 Dilithium {which would cost MORE than $25 by itself, and 1250 VIP.

I find it kind of doubtful that anyone can HONESTLY say that getting all that for LESS than what JUST the Dilithium would cost is a bad deal.

I'm also a little skeptible that 3000 Chronitons and 2000 Dilithium has no use. We have a Glaaxy Event going on RIGHT NOW.

Scott

• Options
    [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    If you buy the offer once, you've effectively finished the event. Go have the weekend off!

Unless you want to place at the top end, at which point, get back to slaving!
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Unless I read wrong, and I got two of these, you get 15 10x, plus the dil and chrons. I bought it twice and got 30 total 10x pulls.
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    To be fair, it also comes with 2000 dilithium, which I believe costs about thirty dollars anyways.

A Pack of 1500 Dilithium is about $20, and a 700 Pack would be about $10. So, around $30 would be just over 2000 Dilithium. {Not counting the Bonus Dilithium for VIP Levels.}

So, basically, it is like "Buy this Dilithium at a discount right now. But, wait. There's more!!!!!" kind of deal......

Scott

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have been buying the iconic crew offer regularly when offered.($50)
    This gives for one penny less the same number of x10 packs thirty, When buying two.
    But will give me 4000 dil. Instead of 1500 dil. Plus 6000 Chrons.
    To me this is a good deal. And, I will have dil. to extend voyages.

I too am disappointed with the countdown timer. They should have made it for the whole event. However, until event is over, we have no idea if other offers are coming.
  • Options
    HildorHildor ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I have been buying the iconic crew offer regularly when offered.($50)
    This gives for one penny less the same number of x10 packs thirty, When buying two.
    But will give me 4000 dil. Instead of 1500 dil. Plus 6000 Chrons.
    To me this is a good deal. And, I will have dil. to extend voyages.

I too am disappointed with the countdown timer. They should have made it for the whole event. However, until event is over, we have no idea if other offers are coming.

Ohhhh love your optimism , I hope so cos that bonus chrons would help helped me to my highest finish and the VIP would have netted me the bonus crew slots .
  • Options
    PlasmaPlasma ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yep it's a good deal but I don't want to slaveover my phone to get what 750k vp to hopefully get a free honey bare so I'll get the offer and get threshold and level crew
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Plasma wrote: »
    Yep it's a good deal but I don't want to slaveover my phone to get what 750k vp to hopefully get a free honey bare so I'll get the offer and get threshold and level crew

Oh I agree I am just going for threshold this event. While I would like Honey Bare 750k might be short this event :neutral:
  • Options
    Ohhhh love your optimism , I hope so cos that bonus chrons would help helped me to my highest finish

Unless everyone else does the same and it evens out to the same result you'd have if there was no offer, only you've paid more for the privilege.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Ohhhh love your optimism , I hope so cos that bonus chrons would help helped me to my highest finish

Unless everyone else does the same and it evens out to the same result you'd have if there was no offer, only you've paid more for the privilege.

Shhhh! Don't bother me with logic! I'm trying to be dramatic here! :smiley::wink:
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I wonder if anyone knows why this could not be made into an offer that could be in the "shop", instead of a 12 hour countdown.

To cause impulse buys and a fear of missing out. If people had time to think about it, they might decide to pass. With a 12 hour timer it's like yell seller infomercials and makes you lose judgement do to fear. Common huxster tactic. After all, you see the 5 minute timers on all the informercials that run for months.

I'm actually a little tempted, but $25 is a lot for me to throw at this game of diminishing returns, the timer ticks me off, and I don't appreciate the mishandling of this event.
  • Options
    Even though I made a resolution to spend 10 dollars a week...i may break it this week...maybe!
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Good thing I like Buster Kincaid Kim and haven't passed the thresholds yet; I cannot compete with this special even if I use stashed sorrytons and run extended voyages + supply kits the whole time. Looks like my 5*s will come from faction events (and expedition if we get them again) from now on.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Even though I made a resolution to spend 10 dollars a week...i may break it this week...maybe!

We spoke in the other thread about it - I know I did break the 10$ rule. I must admit those were 50$ well spent. HOWEVER, I will not be spending anything in the following weekes to compensate. Those 50$ have netted me most of the rares I need to FF all of them (and work on fully immortalizing all rares), 8 legendaries (including Honey Bare from the spare dilithium), and enough stars on Super rares to make me not care about the duplicates.

All in all, I am very pleased.
  • Options
    Do you get "bonus" dilithium depending on your VIP level on the 2k dilithiums in this offer?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, bonus dilithium is calculated based on the purchase price.
  • Options
    VioletBlueVioletBlue ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

However, you are using biased maths. You decide you only care bout one thing in the pack, and then just disregard the other stuff is there. It is NOT $25 for the ten Ten-Pulls. It is $25 for the ten Ten-Pulls, 3000 Chronitons, 2000 Dilithium {which would cost MORE than $25 by itself, and 1250 VIP.

I find it kind of doubtful that anyone can HONESTLY say that getting all that for LESS than what JUST the Dilithium would cost is a bad deal.

I'm also a little skeptible that 3000 Chronitons and 2000 Dilithium has no use. We have a Glaaxy Event going on RIGHT NOW.

Scott

It is 15 not 10. And this seems a very good deal
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I usually get the 10 for 10 when offered. So I'm definitely in for at least 1 of these specials. As stated above, you would pay $29.98 for the 1500 and 700 dil packs alone. This is 2000 dil for $24.99 plus 15 10x pulls which would be equivalent to another 9,750 dil. Then you also get 3000 chrons (4000 with a supply kit) for the event or to level up crew.

The 1500 VIP pushed me into VIP 13. The 15 10x pulls netted a few new 4* crew, some 4* fusions (which got me to the 225 Immortals achievement for another 750 dil), and a 5* Benny, plus 10,000 honor points, a few upgrades to ships, 3000 chrons, and 2000 dil (plus VIP 12 bonus). Dil will be used for extending Voyages 2x per run instead of 1 for more 4* crew and lots more chrons per Voyage. Well worth the $24.99 for me, and will think about buying a second time before the timer runs out just for the extra dilithium.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

We spoke in the other thread about it - I know I did break the 10$ rule. I must admit those were 50$ well spent. HOWEVER, I will not be spending anything in the following weekes to compensate. Those 50$ have netted me most of the rares I need to FF all of them (and work on fully immortalizing all rares), 8 legendaries (including Honey Bare from the spare dilithium), and enough stars on Super rares to make me not care about the duplicates.

As am i...got daystrom' s 4th star, dahar master kang's second star, general Martok's final star and sheriff Worf who I have wanted for a very long time...also got well over 10,000 honor! edit: just remembered ibalso got assimilated Torres so now I have the entire assimilated voyages crew set.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did better than me, 2 golds out of 30 packs, plus one honey bare from 10 event packs. Guess you took all my luck ;-)

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Took the offer. Used the dilithium to pull packs. Very pleased. Your results may vary.
    j0xz978n7ppm.png
    3zurmhql65x3.png
    zhefoxintu9t.png

eXo | Z•A•P•P