Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event - The Spotlight’s Glare - ME#3 - 06/17

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Stats of new Desert Sisko are totally underwhelming.
    Feels more like a 2016/2017 crew (stats wise). 😔
    zz5rby3t2aaq.jpeg
    fk2dk3w3rt0v.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV Suit Pike, awesome!

Also neat seeing Molly, I was just thinking about a displaced Molly card last week.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Molly Displaced or an Adult per the announcement?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new 4/4 survivalist. Looks good to me.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Molly Displaced or an Adult per the announcement?

Well she is both, but thank you for pointing out that I forgot to take into account this name correction :)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    zz5rby3t2aaq.jpeg
    fk2dk3w3rt0v.jpeg

It is disappointing after the last Mega. Would be good if he had another 100 points. Good skill combo which is I guess something.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    zz5rby3t2aaq.jpeg
    fk2dk3w3rt0v.jpeg

On one hand, he is pretty "Meh!"

On the other hand, he is THE SISKO, so people will still be competing probably.
    EV Suit Pike, awesome!

Also neat seeing Molly, I was just thinking about a displaced Molly card last week.

That Pike is going to be a goal for a lot of people. Who either missed him totally in the Pack, or got less than four Stars.

Mine is 2* at 90.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    ChubbChubb ✭✭
    Am I the only one insulted by Desert Sisko's stats?
  • Options
    ChubbChubb ✭✭
    zz5rby3t2aaq.jpeg
    fk2dk3w3rt0v.jpeg

As a DS9 and Sisko fan, I was really looking forward to this event. For once, we have an decent DS9 event and they do this. I am really disappointed to say the least!!!
  • Options
    ChubbChubb ✭✭
    b2infy7tx6bl.png
    This is 2016 Sisko .. I find it unacceptable and I really really hope this is a mistake!!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Sisko's stats, they've obviously tried to make him a gauntlet competitor. But those proficiencies aren't quite good enough to be genuinely competitive, and his traits don't give him a single 45% crit chance. Lots of 25% chances admittedly, all of his traits do show up in gauntlet, just not at the same time.

He's close to being useful, but falls short in several respects. And of course, because he's got decent proficiencies his base skills and voyage total are going to suffer. In this case, the two don't measure up. His marginal gauntlet utility isn't enough to compensate for his lack of voyage/shuttle usability.
  • Options
    ChubbChubb ✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    He's close to being useful

Not the word combination I would've used :#
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    With Sisko's stats, they've obviously tried to make him a gauntlet competitor. But those proficiencies aren't quite good enough to be genuinely competitive, and his traits don't give him a single 45% crit chance. Lots of 25% chances admittedly, all of his traits do show up in gauntlet, just not at the same time.

He's close to being useful, but falls short in several respects. And of course, because he's got decent proficiencies his base skills and voyage total are going to suffer. In this case, the two don't measure up. His marginal gauntlet utility isn't enough to compensate for his lack of voyage/shuttle usability.

This is an excellent analysis of a new crew. Thank you for your succinctness.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Can you please clarify the small-bonus crew.

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    But the game states "M. O'Brien"
    uzmw8djsefit.png

I only looked to see if the character was fully named, as M. O'Brien could be Miles or Molly (I'm assuming Molly but there are more Miles cards, so just wishful thinking)

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar wrote: »

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

I only looked to see if the character was fully named, as M. O'Brien could be Miles or Molly (I'm assuming Molly but there are more Miles cards, so just wishful thinking)

That is my tired brain getting confused, my apologies I have corrected the event notes.
    As for the event rules they do indeed only refer to Molly O'Brien. I will see if we can still clarify that.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

That is my tired brain getting confused, my apologies I have corrected the event notes.
    As for the event rules they do indeed only refer to Molly O'Brien. I will see if we can still clarify that.

We have variants of Molly?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

No.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Chubb wrote: »
    As a DS9 and Sisko fan, I was really looking forward to this event. For once, we have an decent DS9 event and they do this. I am really disappointed to say the least!!!
    So far all of the crew have been pretty bad. Tribble Quark seems to be the best so far. The Bashir is just eh, the Kira is lame, and now this Sisko is disappointment number three. Now watch them release more heavy-hitting DISCO crew in a few months.
  • Options
    Bashir is #2 Voyage Com/Med/Sec, Kira is #7 Com/Dip/Sec and #5 Sec/Dip… Sisko is the only real disappointing one IMHO 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Finally a Molly. Now a Hana Hatae Molly holding her mother's bell from DS9 S1 E4 would be neat
  • Options
    So, I take it when the game says bonus for M. O'Brien... they're not talking about Miles at all, only Molly?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

OMG - A drug reference in STT. What is this world coming to. Where is Ecstasy Ezri?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

OMG - A drug reference in STT. What is this world coming to. Where is Ecstasy Ezri?

Have you seen how much alcohol these crew consume in their equipping? 😉

Sadly, alcohol isn t considered a drug by most ppl. 😑
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Sorry to restate a part of a question but Ben Sisko is listed as having a bonus in the announcement but not the in Game message. I foolishly unfroze couple of versions of Ben when I saw the image before i even checked the message so that's my bad. Experience tells me the new gold cards variant's don't get a bonus (till the following week) so that was my mistake i am sure, but before i tell others in my fleet i would like to hear it from the game makers just in case they mixed things up to give Sisko's an extra outing.
  • Options
    Given the issue of power creep I am ok with his stats especially as he looks great. Its not like he personally kicked out the Wraiths, just opened a box and nearly killed his dad in a desert. As Sisko's go he was not at his best.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to restate a part of a question but Ben Sisko is listed as having a bonus in the announcement but not the in Game message. I foolishly unfroze couple of versions of Ben when I saw the image before i even checked the message so that's my bad. Experience tells me the new gold cards variant's don't get a bonus (till the following week) so that was my mistake i am sure, but before i tell others in my fleet i would like to hear it from the game makers just in case they mixed things up to give Sisko's an extra outing.

I corrected the event notes when this was brought up, I re-checked them now and there is no mention of Ben Sisko providing a bonus. Variants of ben Sisko will not provide an event bonus this week.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the issue of power creep I am ok with his stats especially as he looks great. Its not like he personally kicked out the Wraiths, just opened a box and nearly killed his dad in a desert. As Sisko's go he was not at his best.

He was quite awful to his father that episode. He was however able to reject a Pah wraith vision which was more than Kai Winn did.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

The post states B.Sisko
    kwlt4qyoabzo.png
    uzmw8djsefit.png

No.

I just wondered if we did and I forgot.