Home The Bridge
Options

Dupes in Gauntlet

edited June 2021 in The Bridge
*I feel i should edit this post facto to say shortly after posting this raving ramble i passed out with a bit of heatstroke. I cant stand by anything i said here but the responses were kind and useful anyway for anyone having a bad gauntlet day sorry to have put you all out responding to my borderline paranoia / childish sulk*

Its one thing to have them in the game at all and I get its too late and too many have invested in them to get rid, but Gauntlet is impossible if round after round Vets have multiple copies of the G Crew. Its ridiculously hard to even get a run of 3 when you constantly up against like for like crew (with ridiculous collection bonuses) so you can get your 1st copies let alone piles of them. Spending Merits just gets you another wall of whoever has the crit bonus and it would cost a crazy amount of Dilithium to refresh your own crew round after round when at best they have a 50/50 chance of beating their mirror image. Please block multiple copies from entering the gauntlet. If anyone disagrees please make it clear if your one of those with 6 Red Angels an 5 caretakers or whatever.

Comments

• Options
    Oh and of course no chance of actually winning the gauntlet in these conditions either.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Veterinary Phlox - this advice is all spot on. I will simply add that the defenders are always at full strength (based on whatever the defending player has leveled/bonused them up to). The attacker can beat Captain Whomever's elite card in battle #1, and then immediately see that same fully-charged card again from the same captain in battle #2. Defenders don't lose health - only the attacking player does.

One other thought - if you're having trouble beating stronger cards, try using "lesser" cards that have select advantages. Can't beat Defensive Phlox at 5% with Doc Crusher at 25%? Go find Assimilated Troi (when she gets 65%) and hope RNG is on your side. Continuing the Med theme... Leo da Vinci, Gladiator McCoy, Goddess of Empathy Troi, Apollo, etc. all get the occasional 45-65% bonus. Try using them to battle the wall-o'-Phloxes. (Sorry to pick on Phlox, considering how I started this reply! :) )
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I advise retrieving good gauntlet crew and starting your gauntlet later.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd advise learning some advanced tactics. Gauntlet is not enjoyable for a lot of us, but some things in that thread can make it bearable.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I encountered Defensive Phlox in Gauntlet I his MED proficiency had a line break, and I though it capped at ~100 instead of ~1000.

I did not win that match up.

I did that too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Thank you all for your kind tips and info on the mechanics. I may have been...a little off when i posted this whinge. Its been very hot today, and i think (know) my brain got a bit cooked. Shortly after this i unexpectedly passed out for couple of hours after desperately trying to cool off. I was half way to heatstroke and had hissy fit. Embarrassing. Especially as i am a L91 player and been around the block enough to know better, today was just an unexpectedly bad day as i was caught out by a flood of 65% crit Armus and it just wasn't my day without one but i should have just shrugged it off not reacted so badly. My apologise to admin @Shan who had to change the title to Tsk Tsk - i have no idea what words i actually used i certainly didn't mean to be rude. None the less some interesting and useful points made by you all and i thank you for responding. @Veterinary Phlox @Ishmael Marx @(HGH)Apollo @EnderW
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe tsk tsk is an auto-filter.

Glad you're feeling better!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    That is all good advice as there are many ways to play gauntlet. Play few rounds but win them all to get longer streaks. Play many rounds at low point levels to build up streaks which could lead to gauntlet crew dropping.

I have had drops from the first 3 box opening or not paying attention and ending at #100. Sometimes having the exclusives aren't helpful. I often will rotate in an odd one like Mugato or Daystrom because they can sometimes combat the standard walls of Red Angels and Locuti.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets