Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Fool’s Gold - Mega-Event Part 4 - 2021-06-24

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the rerun? the following week after this event, should be….
    nqqbl7zf3i1a.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Yay! Two more stars for Owo :smiley:

That could actually make her a retrieval target for me.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I've always wanted to cit Owo up but there have always been better cards to work on. This is great! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's great. I cited her a while ago and use her all the time. Unfortunately that means I have no reason to compete, but congrats to everyone that needs extra stars on her.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    0pkp9bidan9p.png

Loving these backgrounds. Cool that Jake is a survivalist. Can use another star on Owosekun. Hoping we can get Desert Joseph Sisko to complete the collection.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SQUSQU
    edited June 2021
    Great event! Is Jodmos a version of Sisko?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    SQU wrote: »
    Great event! Is Jodmos a version of Sisko?

Yes he is.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Thanks @EnderW
  • Options
    Realy.
    After a 1-faction hybrid a 1-faction full faction. With a faction whose items are used by very few crew. And of course no faction winner bonus.

Think of new players. They need to equip crew for cadet missions, voyages, gauntlet, arena.

They know they can not compete in events but 3-faction faction events gives them faction items to equip those cadets. And cost no chrons. Good event to equip your crew. And after it the inner bonus gives extra chrons helping to equip those crew.
    1-faction faction only gives 1 type of faction item and since your shuttles are busy you can not send them out for other items. And no winner bonus. And you need more shuttles to reach treshold since you can not do a quickstart if the total amount of shuttles is lower.

Galaxy costs lots of chrons and newer players do not have them. If they try for treshold they cannot equip those cadets.

1-faction/galaxy combines both bad events
  • Options
    I regret that I must agree with guest_124... As a grizzled veteran I am always trying to encourage newbies, but this kind of event is not a wise recommendation except to get Picardiem and then immediately get out.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Same thing as last week. Stuck on "Solving the Kobayashi Maru".....

EDIT: Just a question. Could it be related to the Special Accomplishment? Since both Events affected have that variable in common? The "Participate in Two Events" one?

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Same thing as last week. Stuck on "Solving the Kobayashi Maru".....

At this point, its just sad....."we are aware of the issue and are looking into it....."
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    This is a joke.
    Is the game shutting down or something?
    Is that what the one last honour sale and push for cash was about?
    May as well call it a day.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    This is a joke.
    As someone else said to me recently ..

5fz68wjhvvie.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so used to constant bouncing and loading failures, I often can't be sure when there is something more widespread going one. I do the best I can and let the rest go. This is a lesson in patience.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I'm so used to constant bouncing and loading failures, I often can't be sure when there is something more widespread going one. I do the best I can and let the rest go. This is a lesson in patience.

It's broke again. Not just you.
  • Options
    HEADS UP:

Jake needs the 5* Desert Robes at 90 and 100. So, you still will need to build one.
  • Options
    This is a joke.
    As someone else said to me recently ..

5fz68wjhvvie.jpeg

Ha! :)

But I meant I may as well call it a day, as in go to bed and stop trying to compete in the event. Not all of us operate on American time. It really bugged me because I already struggle to get to 4000vp before bed and this just killed it. I guess I could quit my job but I need that to pay for Campaigns etc.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was camping Wed-Sun this week, and generally without internet. But I had handful of opportunities to log in (mostly to make sure the farm sitter didn't have any issues) so I was able to get my final Quark and all three copies of Jake without too much fuss Sunday evening.

lmsafv21lltt.png

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I was camping Wed-Sun this week, and generally without internet. But I had handful of opportunities to log in (mostly to make sure the farm sitter didn't have any issues) so I was able to get my final Quark and all three copies of Jake without too much fuss Sunday evening.

lmsafv21lltt.png

Congrats. I like to set a personal goal, if I know I can't clear the Threshold.