Home Ready Room
Options

Arena Advice

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry, not clicking on a link from someone I don't know that has no explanation as to what it might be.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    oh its just a pic I think you can hover over the link tho
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can upload pics directly to the forum here -- either as an attached file or as an inline image. Might be better than asking folks to visit that site who are, like me, suspicious of clicking strange links.

• Options
    trying to fiure out the in line image now lol
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    ok see if that works lol
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackson992 wrote: »
    ok see if that works lol
    "Attach Image" is in the edit window, just to the left of the 3 text alignment icons.
    n95xxqmdqjz9.png

So, now that we can see the image, what was your question, exactly?

• Options
    well I don't know who to choose or more exactly how to choose lol
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    jackson992 wrote: »
    well I don't know who to choose or more exactly how to choose lol

You can start by listing your fully equipped crew 3* and higher.
  • Options
    well only captain lvl 30 so let me see if I have any lol
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    My highest is Commander Scott, level 42 with 2/3 stars. Only has one equipment so far tho
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Arena is perhaps the trickiest part of the game as far as what crew to use. I've been playing for almost a year and I still tweak my crew in Arena every so often. I do try to match the skill first and foremost (and then choose the strongest crew member who has that skill), but if you are lacking in strong crew, you might find that choosing a crew member who may not have the featured skill for that particular slot could be helpful, IF they also have a higher number.

How you staff your battle stations also depends on your ship to a great extent. Certain crew work best on certain ships, and on certain ships you may want to load up on attack, at the expense of evasion, while other times you may want to have a more equal combination of attack, accuracy and evasion represented by your crew.

There are several threads in the old STT forums that talk about Arena, but as far as I know there has been no defnitive guide, stating the best method for crewing your ships, and for various types of ships.

At this point I might just suggest you try to get the biggest numbers you can, while also choosing crew who match the skill for that slot. It looks like that screen grab is from the Admiral Division, using the ISS Enterprise? In it you've got 12, 11, 9, and 10, which is about what I was getting when I was starting out -- but now I try to aim for closer to 20 on each of those crew. And I'd also suggest keeping the balance more even than what you have in your screenshot -- instead of 3 attack crew, I'd sub one out for evasion (the ones with the blue label in the crew selection window). Then just experiment. See what works best, take notes on who you used in which slots, and what your win/loss ratio was, against what kind of ships.

You may also find that you do much better in one division than another, and in that case, it might behoove you to just do one battle in each of the other two, but focus the rest of your battles in the division where you can win more consistently -- at least until you acquire strong crew that lets you compete in the others. I think the Commander Division is probably the easiest for newer players.

That may not be the answer you were looking for, but once you get good enough crew, I think strategy starts becoming less important, since I believe a lot of players are just sort of "winging it" in Arena. But if you do stumble upon a strategy that works for you, all the better, of course!

• Options
    That was great actually!

I will look at adding more diversity and I added the new 5 star guy we got today who seems to be doing outstanding
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    A little more advice to add if I may.
    Check out the Star Trek Timelines Wiki, in particular the links relating to ships and schematic drops fpr each
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ships
    In the table that lists all currently available ships, you can click on each ships name & be brought to a separate page displaying more in depth info on said ship, including the drops for schematics (if known)
  • Options
    ah going there now thank you
    Jack Mitchell