Home The Bridge
Options

Why Faction Events always depress me...

I finished the shuttle portion of the current event by losing 3 out of my last 12 shuttle missions that had a 96/97/98% success rate

I always burn through merits playing only the 4 best success rate missions and letting the others just expire

And this happens every event. I lost a 4 shuttle mission at 97% yesterday as well. And I never go on a streak where I win 100 shuttles in a row to balance out the failure

It **tsk tsk** every event and it’s extremely frustrating to waste so much time and shuttle boosts just to lose when it should be like MAX once an event. It’s not like I’m running 1000’s of shuttles.

Just something that I have hated for YEARS - which is why I almost never try for the top Gold character level reward with faction events

Comments

• Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find shuttle success rate to be as expected. If I recall correctly I had three failures on 95% success rates, but I ran a lot of shuttles.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the algorithm they're using for the shuttle boosts must be the same one in the Gauntlet. So often I've had 45% and 65% crits missing on all 6 rolls going up against a 5% and that hitting 3 or 4. It is frustrating and total Bull.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find shuttle success rate to be as expected. If I recall correctly I had three failures on 95% success rates, but I ran a lot of shuttles.

98% success here, including extra shuttles. It comes down to crew strength. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. This is one of several threads made in the past couple of days expressing some kind of frustration or exhaustion with the game, particularly the events. Things still seem kind of new to me, because I’m still a newer player, but if I were on the Timelines team I’d start working on rolling out some fresh content and addressing a few more player concerns. It’s great that the ISM market is just around the corner, to make prime crew more obtainable, but if your shuttles packed with 5* are going to flop while you’re not getting what you need (points at 0 level holos, films, and med experiments) it gets a little frustrating. “Just tank your shuttles” is the general response I get whenever I bring that up.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

98% success here, including extra shuttles. It comes down to crew strength. YMMV

Exactly this. I have said it before, all events are heavily programmed towards all FF/FE Gold Crew to succeed. When I discovered this a couple years ago, I have had 99-100% success rate in Faction events, even with time boosts at the 4K level. Purple crew don't have high enough proficiency to crit well, with the exception of the Event Crew.

Hang in there @Intellectual Fury - it does get better over time with better crew!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly this. I have said it before, all events are heavily programmed towards all FF/FE Gold Crew to succeed. When I discovered this a couple years ago, I have had 99-100% success rate in Faction events, even with time boosts at the 4K level. Purple crew don't have high enough proficiency to crit well, with the exception of the Event Crew.

Hang in there @Intellectual Fury - it does get better over time with better crew!

To the best of our knowledge, proficiency has no effect on faction or galaxy events. It's just base score. If proficiencies are included with no one knowing, that could explain a lot of the issues people experience.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

To the best of our knowledge, proficiency has no effect on faction or galaxy events. It's just base score. If proficiencies are included with no one knowing, that could explain a lot of the issues people experience.

Faction? Not likely.
    Galaxy? More likely

Look at event structure vs. daily missions. Galaxy aligns more with Away Missions, which use proficiencies.. Black box.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Lost TWO 99% success rate missions TODAY

If you can’t count on a 99% shuttle succeeding what can you count on in this game?

Again I have not run over 200 shuttle mission this event - just running 4 shuttles every 3ish hours

How long can this bad luck continue? When does this balance out? When is my event when I don’t fail any shuttles and I receive positive luck?

Depressing
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the shuttle events very much. I can participate in the event and don’t have to waste hours of my weekend with my head buried in my tablet. As far as the gold crew goes it is much quicker and cheaper (time is money) to just use the event portal. I’ve done this for years and have only missed out on a few of them. The characters will come around again in the future eventually and sometimes with a reduced dil cost. If someone wants to do it the hard way kudos to them, I don’t have that kind of patience or desire anymore. The first year of events I tried to place high before realizing what the time I was spending was costing me. For me the value of the rewards just isn’t worth the investment. I play to the third purple and bow out nearly every time now. Much more fun and I can still enjoy my time with my family.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Lost my first shuttle mission already - it had a 96% success rate - kinda early to be failing missions

Let’s see how bad this Faction Event will be...
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I’m not a fan of Faction events either. My goal this time will be to clear threshold and that’s it. I don’t care about the legendary crew or a best ever finish, all I’m really after is the voyage token to add to my stash for my next run at a long voyage.
  • Options
    Lost another four shuttle missions - varied with at last an 87% chance of success - I didn’t keep track of the exact breakdown - it’s too frustrating

But I have lost 5 shuttles without sending out that many so for - with success rates from 87% through 96% - an it’s only Saturday

The only saving grace is I don’t care about the Paxton card

But I would really wish they just do away with the frustrating event type all together...
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failing 99% shuttles hits ya in the feels. It's way better now that they fixed the "and" bug.
  • Options
    With all of the collection bonuses, it's nice to be able to to just send 4 random event shuttles out with 95+% chance of success. I only have to worry about seats if I'm trying for rank instead of Thresholds.