Home The Bridge
Options

Thanks for the Honour Sale, It's the Best Part of Timelines (Don't you dare get rid of it!!!)

I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in The Bridge
Just as the title says. A big thank you for the honour sale. I plan my gameplay around them and they are so fun to have every few months!!!

Image removed. ~Shan

Comments

• Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I'm still hoping I'll get a perfect 7/7 on the Costume Collection.

Best of luck. It can be a wild ride for sure.

I take screenshots of what I get and then after the screens pile up, I can always say, "you know, if I kept taking that card I'd have it 5/5 by now!"
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    This is great. I think the last honor sale was only three months ago. I have enough honor to do 8 of the 40K pulls, and one more if I go through some credit pulls. I had double the honor the previous honor sale, but I'll still gladly take an honor sale now. :)
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to buy a legendary cite the other day and now I’m glad I waited. 😊
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thats unexpexted and quite early(wish time portal updates would be more regular as well) wonder why?

Let‘ s just hope the Honor offers for money will make them some revenue, otherwise, ppl just cashing in saved up honor for cites will cost them revenue
    (nobody will buy expensive 100/50 buck event packs anymore, when u have enough cites to use). Time will tell. 😑
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to hear this.
    I decided after the last sale that for every 100k honor I saved, I would spend 50k and buy a cite. That was I would still get to enjoy some of the fun when a sale came, but my roster doesn't sit stagnant for an entire year waiting for the sale. I played with that strategy and I have 215k for this sale. I am still very happy with my choices, and am looking forward to spending what I have. I was due to buy a cite anyways.
    This shorter span between sales is good for the game I think. And I am not changing my new saving plan. 50/50 saving and spending is here to stay.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Forgive me for being pessimistic, but this is so close to the last honor sale (combined with how generally negative the TP reaction/feeling about honor sales seemed to be leading up to the last one), it really makes me think "hmmm... I wonder if there's a new game feature coming that requires the use of honor" - similar to the credit-based dabo wheel just before the launch of crew collection which required credits to use.

An interesting idea but nothing is better than cheaper citations and beholds. Any new feature that took away from that would not be one the players would use much. Only thing arriving soon in game is the celestial market which will use ism so I wouldn’t worry. Spend that honor!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I have a bunch of 4* that are only 1 or 2* deep, and my 5* batch keeps growing, so I've been focusing on citing the 4* so I can freeze them and grow the gold. Alas, since the last honor sale (where I had squirrelled away enough honor for 16 begold/cite pulls , which really helped), I've been spending my honor at 18K increments to make room in my slots. It was a calculated risk, figuring the next honor sale would be a little ways away. That's okay - I'll just have to save up for the next one after I make some more room in my slots. For those who can participate, may all your pulls be what you need!
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    This is unexpected but a great surprise, thank you!

I've managed to save up some honor since the last sale while also hoarding 10xpulls for the next portal update. I think I will open some of those and spend some merits so that I can get just a little but more.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sitting on 100+ pulls as well. Oh well. Will be a batch of honor for the next sale. I've got enough saved up to have some fun in this one too.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    I have a bunch of 4* that are only 1 or 2* deep, and my 5* batch keeps growing, so I've been focusing on citing the 4* so I can freeze them and grow the gold. Alas, since the last honor sale (where I had squirrelled away enough honor for 16 begold/cite pulls , which really helped), I've been spending my honor at 18K increments to make room in my slots. It was a calculated risk, figuring the next honor sale would be a little ways away. That's okay - I'll just have to save up for the next one after I make some more room in my slots. For those who can participate, may all your pulls be what you need!

@Admiral Hess this is exactly how I've been playing as well, so I'll join you in the corner.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    So does this mean the Celestial Market requires honor to participate? Given how WRG very thoughtfully drained us of our HOARDED stashes the last time they rolled out a new game feature, this timing seems very suspish...
  • Options
    I'm okay with it either way. Begold+citation > Retrieval, for me anyway.

Just thought it might be worth pointing out.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or it means that they don't like that players are sitting on honor for 6+ months between using it. But they also realized that now that the expectations have been set, players will not spend honor outside of a sale. So they'd rather have more frequent sales to get players to spend down their honor.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean the Celestial Market requires honor to participate? Given how WRG very thoughtfully drained us of our HOARDED stashes the last time they rolled out a new game feature, this timing seems very suspish...

No, I think it was pretty clear from the demo as well as the forum announcement that only ISM is needed.
  • Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Or it means that they don't like that players are sitting on honor for 6+ months between using it. But they also realized that now that the expectations have been set, players will not spend honor outside of a sale. So they'd rather have more frequent sales to get players to spend down their honor.

Yes I can see that. Also releasing crew that need cites is another strategy they can employ. Like the Kirk/Spock fuse crew, Cheesecake 7, that stupid but tempting tribble.... That would be a smart way to keep cites relevant now that crew retrieval is a thing.

Also for new players these sales can be a massive boost and we will always need new players to keep this cash cow, ahem, I mean game, going.
  • Options
    Glad it's here so soon. I too was planning on hoarding 10x packs until the portal update. Now I'm not so sure.

Which is better Crew Retrieval or honor sale? For me, Crew Retrieval since I still have good crew to retrieve and each retrieval cost 1620 dil (18 sets of 50Q @ 90 dil.) By comparison 50 recap packs cost 19,500 (12 retrievals) and will get you an average of 5 golds and 40k honor (7 total cards.) To have the same dil-value the 50 packs would have to drop 10 golds, or about double the expected rate.
  • Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    Agree. I'd rather spend on crew retrieval + slots, than on the 390 packs.
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    8/10 rating.
    It would have hit 10/10 if a portal update happened meanwhile or prior to this
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Glad it's here so soon. I too was planning on hoarding 10x packs until the portal update. Now I'm not so sure.

Which is better Crew Retrieval or honor sale? For me, Crew Retrieval since I still have good crew to retrieve and each retrieval cost 1620 dil (18 sets of 50Q @ 90 dil.) By comparison 50 recap packs cost 19,500 (12 retrievals) and will get you an average of 5 golds and 40k honor (7 total cards.) To have the same dil-value the 50 packs would have to drop 10 golds, or about double the expected rate.

This is great if you have the credits to pay for retrieval… but (I expect like many other mid-gamers) I never had a stockpile and find that in most cases I am only just making enough to do a desirable 5* retrieval at the point the quantum regenerates naturally.
  • Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Gitssac wrote: »
    This is great if you have the credits to pay for retrieval…

That's what skirmishes are for. You can farm tons of credits and honour during a skirmish. If you are still new and spending all chrons on crew leveling, I'd suggest trying to back off leveling for a while before a skirmish and dump a few thousand into one. I'm not sure how doable this is though, since when I was a "mid-gamer" crew retrieval wasn't introduced yet.

For someone with a fleshed out crew, credits will never be a problem because of skirmishes. I can safely dump 10K-30K into a skirmish (time permitting) and get millions of credits that will last a very long time.

• Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    I do exactly this… last Skirmish I spent 30k chronos and bagged about 7m credits… 5m of which went straight on a retrieval, and 2m on levelling crew
  • Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »
    I do exactly this… last Skirmish I spent 30k chronos and bagged about 7m credits… 5m of which went straight on a retrieval, and 2m on levelling crew

Excellent. That's the way to play it!
  • Options
    TarisTaris ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    My first Sinister Picard woohoo! Today's pulls so far.

mv7lkfa8sl9z.jpg
    4387jr3nogxq.jpg
    q9ce2jiiu5eg.jpg
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    9u72kezr8nka.png