Home Engineering Room
Options

Game freezes several seconds after claiming a message

edited June 2021 in Engineering Room
Every time I click "Claim" in a message (e.g. daily PVP rewards), the game freezes after a few seconds.
Even if quickly close the message view, the freeze will happen in the ship view.
The freeze lasts for a few seconds, and after that the game is responsive again until I click "Claim" again.
The game only freezes when claiming messages, all other game functions work fine.
This is incredible annoying and going on for months.

This happens both in the Android (Amazon) and the Steam client, both show the same behavior.

Edit: If I'm quick, I can claim another message until the game freezes.

Comments

• Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    Same here. Thought it was just me.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the same thing. It doesn't seem to happen if I claim 1 thing, only for 2. Then it takes 10 seconds or so and I can claim again. I get around it by claiming 1, then doing something else and coming back. Seems to work. Still annoying.
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    40 second freeze today after claiming the 3 pvp rewards (could read it from the shuttle clock)

thanks for bringing this up, it's been annoying me for a long time.
  • Options
    same for me. Its been doing it so long i cant remember when it first started. So come on TP fix it please. its become a chore to claim our own rewards
  • Options
    Spock-OSpock-O ✭✭✭
    Been doing that for months now.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this started after they implemented a change to try and prevent multi-claiming of messages.

I've also noticed consistent freezes when claiming any reward anywhere with ISM. It's most noticeable in the daily reward but I've also experienced it in campaigns and fleet rewards.

Performance in general on the game has dramatically declined in the last year.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I think this started after they implemented a change to try and prevent multi-claiming of messages.

I've also noticed consistent freezes when claiming any reward anywhere with ISM. It's most noticeable in the daily reward but I've also experienced it in campaigns and fleet rewards.

cough cash cow cough
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Yesssss very annoying, I sent a ticket for this months ago because of the annoyance factor. The reply I got was " Can you send a screenshot"
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssss very annoying, I sent a ticket for this months ago because of the annoyance factor. The reply I got was " Can you send a screenshot"

Screenshot of a frozen screen....brilliant :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »

cough cash cow cough

Unfortunately, this.
  • Options
    I've had the same issue for ages, I've usually ignored it as a minor thing since it is usually a 5 second delay after the second or third pvp reward message