Home The Bridge
Options

Which Avatar of Balok?

Which Avatar will TP be using the Actor who played Balok or the Dummy that he created as a decoy?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Which Avatar will TP be using the Actor who played Balok or the Dummy that he created as a decoy?

I know people in games always complain if they have to "fight children" in PvP. But, it would be nice to get that Clint Howard. I'd like for us to eventually get everyone he played. He was in TOS, DS9, Enterprise, and Disco.

r6ml7v564h6k.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    yessss i was so happy when i read the in game mail that balok was finally here . i hope its the tranya version above
  • Options
    Hopefully this version will be from the picture Scott posted above and maybe we can get another version called Balok’s Puppet 🤞
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love Clint Howard’s roles, when I was a kid the Balok puppet scared the daylights out of me. He was also the final screenshot of every TOS episode closing credit sequence. If we don’t get Balok the puppet, I’ll be disappointed.

Same here. It would just pop up at the end and not having seen the episode yet I didn’t know it was only a puppet so I thought Star Trek was a monster show.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good call WRG on the new gauntlet crew. I just hope stats will be good as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for the puppet. That guy was scary (to childhood me) - and a strong gauntlet card should be "scary" to its opponents. Tranya Balok would be fun to have around (and if that's the choice, it'll be fine), but Puppet Balok is the one that the Enterprise feared/confronted.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The artwork for Balok's been revealed elsewhere and it's both of them, the little guy and the puppet together.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The artwork for Balok's been revealed elsewhere and it's both of them, the little guy and the puppet together.

Cool.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can probably work this out logically by working backward from what we already know about Gauntlet and the previous Gauntlet exclusive cards. The puppet Balok and the live action Balok have very different skills based on how they interacted with the Enterprise crew, and based on that assumption I think it is more likely that we get the puppet than the live action.

My reasoning: live action Balock would almost certainly have Diplomacy as his best stat, and we've already had two Gauntlet exclusive cards with Diplomacy as the primary (Locutus and Guinan). Puppet Balok would almost certainly have Security as his best stat and to date we have never had a Gauntlet exclusive card with Security as their best skill, so for that reason alone I think it is very likely going to be the puppet version.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    We can probably work this out logically by working backward from what we already know about Gauntlet and the previous Gauntlet exclusive cards. The puppet Balok and the live action Balok have very different skills based on how they interacted with the Enterprise crew, and based on that assumption I think it is more likely that we get the puppet than the live action.

My reasoning: live action Balock would almost certainly have Diplomacy as his best stat, and we've already had two Gauntlet exclusive cards with Diplomacy as the primary (Locutus and Guinan). Puppet Balok would almost certainly have Security as his best stat and to date we have never had a Gauntlet exclusive card with Security as their best skill, so for that reason alone I think it is very likely going to be the puppet version.

SEC is the only skill that's missing a standout Gauntleteer. It has a few that are in the low 700s without the buffs (Fury Kes, Gary Seven, Away Team Burnham) but no one to rival Kahless/Caretaker/Defensive Phlox/Gowron/Armus. I see the comment about it being the image being a combination of the two, so it would be nice to get a SEC/DIP/CMD in the vein of Displaced Burnham stat breakdown. I think that would accurately reflect the character and fill a nice gap.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I dunno.... I easily can see them making command his primary stat.
    >But that’s what Kahless is for
    They might be looking at gauntlet crew as a bubble. I guess we’ll find out soon.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

You're putting way more thought into this than they are. They probably designed the artwork and stats without thinking about what the puppet or live action balok did independently. And it wouldn't shock me that they didn't consider gauntlet balance either(although I hope I'm wrong here).
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

where can i see it? im impatient and dont want to wait until july lol!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Tadaaaa

ddm6rxvd3n0b.png

Best of both worlds! 😃
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan! Any chance we can get a preview of the stats too?
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    this is amazing !!!! been hoping for balok for a long time. i cant wait!
  • Options
    Love that artwork, it’s just plain awesome! When should we except to see him in the vault?

Captain Level 99

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Tadaaaa

ddm6rxvd3n0b.png

Ahahhaa. That is awesome! I will save it :D
  • Options
    "This is Tranya... I hope you relish it as much as I!"

Toasting the great choice!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that these might NOT BE FINAL

Balok 5*

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 495 (287 - 836), DIP 334 (261 - 632), SEC 154 (221 - 445)
    FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 847 (287 - 836), DIP 762 (261 - 632), SEC 379 (221 - 445)

"There is no Escape"
    - Boosts Accuracy by 3
    - Initialize: 8s, Cooldown: 14s, Duration: 10s
    - Bonus Ability: +1000 to Crit Rating | Trigger: Position
    - Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +65, Crit Bonus +130, Crit Rating +55, Evasion +345

Traits: Civilian, Crafty, Explorer, Interrogator, Pilot, Tactician, Undercover Operative

These stats are subject to changes!

Thanks!

Looks like a great addition to gauntlet crew.
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    if those would be his final stats where would he rank ?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    When should we expect to see him in the vault?

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Tadaaaa

ddm6rxvd3n0b.png

That is all kinds of awesome, Shan!!!!!!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Not before the release I would say, said release is currently scheduled for Tuesday July 13.
  • Options

Not before the release I would say, said release is currently scheduled for Tuesday July 13.

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up!

Captain Level 99