Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Hybrid/Galaxy Event - The Captain's Oath (rerun) 2021-07-29

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Tribbled”??
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into why there is no event image.
    And tribbled too ^^
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Interesting that they've replaced the hidden Starfleet Captain trait with two real traits - much easier to keep track of.

Two questions:

Will Captain Silva La Forge count as bonus crew as well, since she was the featured crew in The Captain's Oath 2?

And can we expect to see "Tribbled" added to some of the existing crew in a future server update (aka Tribble Quark, Trader Odo, etc.)?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Will Captain Silva La Forge count as bonus crew as well, since she was the featured crew in The Captain's Oath 2?

What they have done in the past is not have the extra 5* card from the second run as full event crew. The thinking is this is a repeat of "The Captain's Oath" not "The Captain's Oath 2." For example, this happened when they reran The Big Sting for the third time; Frederick La Rouque, who came in The Big Sting 2, was not event crew for the third run.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to nag, but could someone Please, please, please figure out why the keyboard doesn't appear for Kindle? Large pools are a bear to manage when I have to use the vault to find the variants of a crew and retrieval to find the ones with a trait, make a physical list of them, and then hunt them down one by one on my quarters to tag in for attention. It isn't just my Kindle, I've tried it on my mom's and my sister's with the same result. I can't even send a CS ticket most of the time, no keyboard. I bought a Bluetooth one to try to work around it, but it is almost as annoying.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Hmm. I guess a second star on Morgan Bateson, who I got a first star for in thresholds the last time this event came around….
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Tribbled”??

I noticed that immediately. But Shan says they are on it. Be kind of strange to introduce a new Trait so close to a Trait that is already in-game.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Interesting that they've replaced the hidden Starfleet Captain trait with two real traits - much easier to keep track of.

Two questions:

And can we expect to see "Tribbled" added to some of the existing crew in a future server update (aka Tribble Quark, Trader Odo, etc.)?

Be nice if everyone holding a Tribble got the Tribble trait if for nothing else than my OCD!!!!!

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Bateson again, I guess I will start another copy since he gets so much event usage.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    This seems like such a perfect event to skip, but that little 2nd star on Space Fraser is going to nag at me if I ignore it.
  • Options
    Is it just me or does McCoy’s art look a little off?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

His face looks a little strange.
  • Options

His face looks a little strange.

Maybe he is allergic to tribble dander.......
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the look of being "tribbled" :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    So, what will be the cap for opening Missions? To send Shuttles?
  • Options

What do you mean?

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

The first two runs of this event gave a bonus to "Captains," which was an invisible trait. You can see the bonus crew list on the STT wiki: https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Captain's_Oath_2

It was quite an extensive and complicated list, and I think I remember Shan having to go back and add/remove names.
  • Options
    Oh yeah I had forgotten that
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Following my highest-ever finish (by some way) of 195, it was disappointing to find my 3 constellations gave me Command (not the worst thing in the world) and common and uncommon polestars. I'll probably not bother going beyond 750 again.

That being said- I remember someone complaining about the award of rations on voyages- maybe (given hardly anyone needs rations) we could get rarity polestars instead? Sure, they usually end-up disappointing, but it's better than rations, and the odd time you get a legendary, it would be much better.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    That being said- I remember someone complaining about the award of rations on voyages- maybe (given hardly anyone needs rations) we could get rarity polestars instead? Sure, they usually end-up disappointing, but it's better than rations, and the odd time you get a legendary, it would be much better.

That someone is me. I love your idea. If we are going to have an unexpected change, it were better to have at least something possibly useful.