Home Make It So!
Options

Delphic Expanse collection, and the Xindi-Avian

A recent post about the "hat" in the Set Sail collection got me thinking, and the skull of the Xindi-Avian would make for an awesome avatar.

Although it only seems fair that it's added once the whole Council is complete. We're almost , and Tucker Smallwood's Xindi-Primate Councilor is part of the collection.

I know there's one (semi?) canon piece of concept art for Xindi-Avians, and I'd love to see one added as a STT Original. Maybe even give it a wonky skill setup that's been difficult to fill. But this seems like a bigger stretch and a bigger ask than a giraffe Xindi-Avian skull avatar.
Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    baxgn8oyfq8t.jpeg

Like this? :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up for all of this, especially the mega event!

But in a game where all of time collides into one amalgamation of chaos, it makes perfect sense that a previously extinct species that canonically existed would make an appearance.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! It was fun setting some rules and trying to maintain a fun, simple, storyline with them.
    • I wanted one ENT character each week, but no more.
    • I wanted at least one main cast character each week. This was a struggle at first, although I ended up with two every week. Nhan was in the main credits, she counts!
    • I wanted to ensure at least one character (new or recurring) from each multi-season Trek. Aleek-Om may technically be TAS rather than TOS, but I didn't mind fudging that a tad.
    • I wanted the story to end with a Faction event, or a hybrid that ended with Faction.

Originally I wanted a Xindi every week: Dolim and Gralik Durr returning, while adding Kessick and a legendary Dolim. But the story just didn't fit.

I also toyed with a twist where Berlinghoff Rasmussen claiming he'd gone legit, but his information didn't pan out. Except it turned out he had been trying to help, except he'd been duped. Sounded like fun, but who would dupe him, and why? I went with Dolim and his 'stench of failure' bit instead. Plus, he can show up in the story since we already have art for him.

I was hoping for more hybrid events, but it was more difficult than I expected to make that work with the story flow.

I was also hoping for more powerful, and recent, returning SR. It just didn't work out.

So in the end, I had a lot of fun. I figure I only scratched the surface of the sorts of considerations that WRG have to take into account, both for individual events and proximate events. So kudos for what they accomplish every week!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Love it. Very well thought out. I'm going to have to put out my event/collection launch idea on here at some point, but I'm afraid it's not as stellar as this, lol.
  • Options
    I like Veterinary Phlox's idea.