Home Engineering Room

5* Item is missing from inventory AGAIN!

I posted before when the Zahl Ambassador's 5* outfit was gone when he needed it and got the "you didn't have room and it disappeared" line. That's not true and I know it. I'd seen the thing every time I scrolled through the inventory since his event.
Now, Karen Archer's is gone. I had to look at that icky pink thing since the event and it was gone when I needed it this morning. I got three of her from the event, so I HAD to have gotten it from the event thresholds. It set in there all this time and now poof. It was there when I was hunting for the Zahl and now it is not. I know I'm going it get the - "that didn't happen. It clocked out a week after the event was over and has been gone all this time" spiel. I know this is not true.
So, I'm going to try to file a ticket, if the keyboard cooperates. I'm also posting these here. These are the outfits for crew I haven't finished. In a few weeks, when one is missing when I need it, I will complain again. I will get "you lost it a week after the event" again and I will refer back to this and go ballistic on someone and rightly so. Maybe then it will get fixed and I won't have to feed someone their fingers one joint at a time to do it
xxajik7uvkqw.png
e90bh0vkf14l.jpg
ef0mx2ftfy6g.jpg
vnufed3utr6l.jpg
o190j8mcbvu4.jpg
tqpwv7emn5ej.jpg
Also, included the rewards table showing the outfit came before the third copy before it comes up.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your screenshots explain it all. You are over the inventory cap so items are being removed to put you under the cap. Notice in the upper left corner it shows 1011/1000 and is in big red, angry lettering? That means you're in trouble. You could lose any item in the inventory, including citations so you need to discard or replicate enough stuff so you're under the 1000 limit.

And easy place to start is with ship schematics and then any 0 or 1* item for a specific person. I see you have a lot of 0* outfits. Those are easy enough to build if/when you need them that it shouldn't be a big deal to get rid of them.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, only the red flashing items are the ones in danger of being lost. They are the newest. They must be used or gotten in within 7 days of being gotten/made. Once something is in, it stays there until being used, one way or the other. It is the same mechanism as crew overages.
    I'm 34 items over right now and all of them basic, commonly used stuff that I will use in short order. I once tracked my in and out for inventory overages. The closest I've ever come to losing an item was 21 hrs to go. I was pretty sick for a couple weeks back in the fall of '19 and didn't play much. All my current inventory overages have over six days before they need in or used. They'll be used long before then.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • You need a clear out. It's not a great solution but it works. I only have something like 600 in my inventory. Start with your ship schematics and then move onto character specific items.

Hope this helps.
    I counted. Even clearing out extra schematics and extra crew specific items, that's only about fifty items. I'm in a mass crew building balloon. It'll drop back to about 900 again in about a week. It happens regularly and, so long as stuff doesn't randomly disappear, there isn't A reason to worry. I was around 926 until I slowed crew building to save for the last galaxy. I'll probably drop back under a 1000 later tonight, when my voyage gets back and I can complete about ten partial builds. My problem is random disappearing items.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Do you convert extra schematics or something else to replicator rations sometimes?

I've discovered the hard way that if I mindlessly tap while I'm doing that, if I miss a step I wind up throwing away an entire set of items I never intended to. There's no confirmation on the Discard button and it's in the same place as the Replicate button.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, staying over 1000 items(against better knowledge) is ur own gamble
    and fault when suddenly a random item gets deleted.

There‘s no issue at all to stay even below 700 items. You have many items u can delete or use for replicator you just need too look closely. Many items are crew specific(often for 1 crew only) and u don t need then anymore.
    Just requires some time to go through ur inventory and do a clean out.

Hoarding is not always the best way. ;)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
    @Mirror McCoy I very rarely have to convert much of anything to rations. I've only done it a handful of times and I'm so OCD that I literally mix and match the few things I have to use up to get as close to 100 as possible, ie a couple outfits and a handful of schematics, usually around 29 1* schematics actually. Every outfit or equipment item is checked a couple times and when in doubt it stays.
    @Zombie Squirrel If I have 1000 slots, I should get 1000 slots, not 700. Otherwise, it is either false advertising and asking for a lawsuit or a known flaw that needs addressed.

There‘s no issue at all to stay even below 700 items. You have many items u can delete or use for replicator you just need too look closely. Many items are crew specific(often for 1 crew only) and u don t need then anymore.
    Just requires some time to go through ur inventory and do a clean out.

Hoarding is not always the best way. ;)
    Actually, I do not have a bunch of leftover crew specific items. When I said I figured I had about fifty earlier, I meant just that. Clearing out what little had accumulated dropped me to 968. I study the threshold rewards. I time my Dabo spins. I may end up with one or two useless items a week, if that. I don't replicate or warp blindly. I make the game work for me.
    That was why the loss of the equipment crates for the useless ICM burns me up. I have 225k+ of the junk. I have Retrievals lined up through early next year already and 100+ 10x portals, plus I'm currently nine crew over. I'm trying to finish and freeze and keep coming up with stuff missing. If it is in my inventory, it is there until I use it, on a crew or for rations. I have zero problems with the cap. I can juggle that. My inventory is fluid. Very few low level items stay long. They get equipped, built on, or used. Either a space will open up or it will get used up in a seven day window. Thirty-six hours is probably the average time an item is overage and that is generous. Twelve is more likely.
    These days, new crew usually are immortalized my event's end, but some get through the cracks. Lucero, Shelby, Kestra, Grandma Kes, Rios, Scared Scotty, et c....all of those had several months between their events and completions. I came back and used the waiting gear. It had gotten in fine. Once it is in, the expectation is that it will remain there. I wouldn't blink if I failed to get something in within 7 days. That's on me. I lost some crew early on that way and was annoyed, but accepted it. I had it in the main body of my inventory. It should then be mine until it is given to a crew, turned into something else, or becomes a ration.
    I keep finding missing 5* items that were in the inventory proper, not overage. I don't like being robbed. I'd much prefer being robbed in person...it gives me a chance to kill them. It's legal here and I tried with the last one. He ducked.
  • IIRC they never said the most recent items were the ones to be deleted, it was going to be a random deletion.
    Then why do the recent ones flash red and have a countdown clock, just like crew? Random crew don't disappear. The ones whose clock run out do. It's implied that they are the ones in danger. If that isn't the case, I'd like to know.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is hermdelica is thinking of the way it used to be before they allowed you to go over 1000 with a buffer window.
    My thinking too. Oh, well. Moving on.