Home The Bridge
Options

Week 4, no discount packs.

Soooo..... no discount packs for week 4 of this mega? I understand you don't want to be predictable and want to keep us guessing, but the discount packs are one of the best parts of a mega and the last few mega events have had 4 weeks of discount packs.
This really feels like the tribble mega is going out with a whimper. Chekovs stats and now no discount packs. Darn.

Comments

• Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    we still have one event from the mega to go. you’re a week early…
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No, we've been getting discounts on Tuesday and Friday since the Mega started. Normally, two 490 dil packs would have gone up at noon ET. I finished my Edward Larkin and EV Phlox from last week's.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Dragen wrote: »
    we still have one event from the mega to go. you’re a week early…

I'm not talking about recap packs. I am talking about the discount packs that contain crew that have a bonus trait for the mega. Two packs a week that launch on Tuesday for 490. We have been getting them for all 4 weeks for the last handful of megas, but this mega has only featured discount packs for 3 weeks. Normally today would have had the final two packs.
  • Options
    October 2020 was the last mega to only have 6 packs. Just saying. I don't like this change and I hope future megas have 8 packs again.
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    my mistake, I see which packs you mean now.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if they didn't do the packs today not to muddy the waters with the new collection launching.
  • Options
    I look forward to the discount packs a lot. I habe finished many crew with them. I don't buy 6 packs, because... come on, really? Lol. Discount packs is where I spend my dil and this has been a let down. Friday packs used to be nice, but now they all seem to be terrible 6 packs too.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if they didn't do the packs today not to muddy the waters with the new collection launching.

Maybe. Personally it took the chances of me spending dilithium today to 0%
  • Options
    You could reconsider and get yourself a Bagman Odo. Cause after this pack is over, he may not be around again for awhile. You need him to finish Badda-Bing and get the Goat O'Brien. But if you aren't close to the collection finish, then I guess pass him up. It's all good!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

Maybe. Personally it took the chances of me spending dilithium today to 0%
    You could reconsider and get yourself a Bagman Odo. Cause after this pack is over, he may not be around again for awhile. You need him to finish Badda-Bing and get the Goat O'Brien. But if you aren't close to the collection finish, then I guess pass him up. It's all good!

This. Odo is pretty good. And needed for the Collection. Which gives the other new Crew, a Legendary.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I gladly grabbed a copy and cited him up. I've only got a 1/5 Yates to finish, so guess who gets my next 4 Crew Retrievals?!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Deleted. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Depending on the amount of crew who have the relevant mega-event trait, there might not be enough crew to provide discounted packs each week. This is the case for this mega-event.

Not sure of how much overlap exists herein, but …

exvfrwet9dja.jpeg
    afgh8qv4f5kb.jpeg

I noticed a fair amount of overlap. Maybe half of the Tribbled crew have exobiology. That's still a big number. I can think of two other considerations. I don't know their impact, but...
    1) How long has the crew been in the game? (Can't put brand new crew in discount packs.)
    2) There needs to be a proper ratio of legendaries to SR's to balance the packs.

Again, there may be enough given 70ish or more crew, but maybe these conditions preclude some options and maybe not. I would think Dulmer and Loxley were not included for the first reason above. I don't know about the rest.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Depending on the amount of crew who have the relevant mega-event trait, there might not be enough crew to provide discounted packs each week. This is the case for this mega-event.

exvfrwet9dja.jpeg
    afgh8qv4f5kb.jpeg

I noticed a fair amount of overlap. Maybe half of the Tribbled crew have exobiology. That's still a big number. I can think of two other considerations. I don't know their impact, but...
    1) How long has the crew been in the game? (Can't put brand new crew in discount packs.)
    2) There needs to be a proper ratio of legendaries to SR's to balance the packs.

Again, there may be enough given 70ish or more crew, but maybe these conditions preclude some options and maybe not. I would think Dulmer and Loxley were not included for the first reason above. I don't know about the rest.

1. Does this matter anymore?
    2. Who decides what that balance is?

I put a quote on my profile signature years ago, but I want to put it on the record here:

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, "The Evolution of Trust"
    🖖
    EDIT: deleted previous post, as it duplicates stats available in-game
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

exvfrwet9dja.jpeg
    afgh8qv4f5kb.jpeg

I put a quote on my profile signature years ago, but I want to put it on the record here:

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, "The Evolution of Trust"
    🖖

To your second point: I was going by the typical balance of 1 legendary to 2 SR's.

To your first point: they've thrown things out the window recently, so probably not.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

exvfrwet9dja.jpeg
    afgh8qv4f5kb.jpeg

🖖

To your second point: I was going by the typical balance of 1 legendary to 2 SR's.

To your first point: they've thrown things out the window recently, so probably not.

Then, by all means, refer back to my quote & let’s rethink how we, the players of the game, can affect its future. Because, to be honest, I see limited positive reaction from the company to years of suggestions, whether in Make It So or elsewhere in these forums. And, I have been here a while, too.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Look, this is my favorite game. I complain, but I also applaud. It’s worth my time.

I will never stop advocating for it to be improved, nor will I stop calling out the faults of the company along the way.

YMMV, @Prime Lorca [10FH] , indeed.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Existing Tribbled 4*
    1701 Bashir
    1701 Jadzia
    Larkin
    Dulmur and Lucsly
    Lucero
    Trader Odo

Additional Exobiology:
    Ambassador Spock
    EV McCoy
    EV Phlox
    Forra Gegen
    Fugitive Spock
    Kal-if-fee Spock
    M-113
    Mirror McCoy
    Mirror Phlox
    Solbor
    Bajoran Culber
    First Officer Saru

18 total 4* crew.

3 were used as event rewards leaving 15 available.
    2 packs * 2 crew * 4 weeks = 16 crew

They would have been 1 4* crew short. They could have done one pack, but there weren't enough crew for a second pack.
  • Options
    Look, this is my favorite game. I complain, but I also applaud. It’s worth my time.

I will never stop advocating for it to be improved, nor will I stop calling out the faults of the company along the way.

YMMV, @Prime Lorca [10FH] , indeed.

I think this is a very valid point and it's how I feel.
    I have enjoyed this mega a lot. Great art based on some of my favorite episodes and crew, I don't care that their stats weren't amazing. This is the first mega ever where I habe ranked for all four legendaries (top 750 on top of that). On top of that, the previewing of the mega crew art on social media was very appreciated and really helped build my excitement for the mega, someone I made sure to come on here and praise at the time.
    My purpose of this post was to make my love of discount packs known, and also draw attention to the fact that it has made an impact on my playing/spending because less discounted packs were offered. I hope that the next mega will provide the same level of value as the previous 4 have.
    My monthly card was up yesterday, since I spent no dilithium today I see no urgency for a 3k top up that the monthly card would have provided.
    Looking forward to the review packs next week, hope I can FF these crew.
  • Options
    As for the collection and whether it's worth picking up Odo for the collection...

gxd97wp1e5dq.jpg

I am still a ways off, I can wait for him to be in the portal. Or a mega discount pack 😉
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

A pack with Tribbled Sisko and O’Brien would be awesome and get me to buy it and cause me to buy more recaps with the chance of finishing that collection or getting closer to finishing it.
    Let’s fly!