Home Engineering Room
Options

Game access on Facebook on Chrome/Edge

This discussion was created from comments split from: Facebook loading issue.

Comments

• Options
    It worked yesterday for me now I get thisc9w9yqiflu6l.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you please give me more details?
    Are you on a computer, which browser, etc. Thank you.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

I am on PC, Windows 10 21H1, tried with Chrome and Edge. Windows app and Steam are working as always, had also the error message from the OP before but yesterday evening all was good.
    I can work with Facebook without a problem, I don't have any other Facebook games to try out.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I am on PC, Windows 10 21H1, tried with Chrome and Edge. Windows app and Steam are working as always, had also the error message from the OP before but yesterday evening all was good.
    I can work with Facebook without a problem, I don't have any other Facebook games to try out.

Thank you for those details.
    Is it still occurring for you?
  • Options
    Unfortunately yes
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately yes

I am sorry to ask but could you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and try again?
    If it persists could you please show the full screen of what you are seeing?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Hi Shran, i too am experiencing this; i have cleared my cache and cookies and i get the same message as above.

Im playing on a laptop, windows 10 and using google chrome (its the only browser i have on my laptop). Like teh above comments, i too was able to play online via facebook yesterday but now i cant log in on my laptop, cant make purchases and cant complete tasks. i play other games on facebook and do not have the popup coming up when i play them so it must be a problem with the game itself and not facebook. Please can you help us players as we are once again being penalised for playing via facebook.
  • Options
    Cleared cache/cookies, started game, first window
    9xo7uhot4du5.png
    No matter if I use "new game" or "play game" I get
    kxuyne7clr92.png

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phil Wilce wrote: »
    Hi Shran, i too am experiencing this; i have cleared my cache and cookies and i get the same message as above.

Im playing on a laptop, windows 10 and using google chrome (its the only browser i have on my laptop). Like teh above comments, i too was able to play online via facebook yesterday but now i cant log in on my laptop, cant make purchases and cant complete tasks. i play other games on facebook and do not have the popup coming up when i play them so it must be a problem with the game itself and not facebook. Please can you help us players as we are once again being penalised for playing via facebook.

Could you please post a screenshot of the whole screen that you are seeing please?
    It would be very helpful.

As you are on a laptop, there are alternatives for you to play such as the windows 10 app, and I can help get you started and back into your account.
  • Options
    Hi Shran, thanks, i've downloaded the app and installed it on laptop; all is well in the Alpha Quadrant now:)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phil Wilce wrote: »
    Hi Shran, thanks, i've downloaded the app and installed it on laptop; all is well in the Alpha Quadrant now:)

Fantastic!

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those affected, could you give Firefox a try, to compare?

And if you are encountering the issue, please provide a full screenshot of your tab/screen.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    It is working! On Firefox the error message was longer, I had to accept cookies on other apps and websites in Facebook to get it working again.
    Thank you Shan!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is working! On Firefox the error message was longer, I had to accept cookies on other apps and websites in Facebook to get it working again.
    Thank you Shan!

Oh I am glad! Thank you for letting me know.
    It is puzzling that Firefox seems to provide the proper prompts/permissions requests but not Chrome or Edge.
  • Options
    Yes, it is, for some reason Firefox got a slightly different error message which showed the solution, no idea why.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I split this discussion into a dedicated one instead of the one that was not related.