Home Make It So!
Options

Can we finally be rid of the top 1% in arena?

Now that we can officially "snipe" the #1 spot, from the top 5%, can we finally be rid of the top 1% in arena? This is a change that, IMVHO, is *long* overdue. I remember when the top 1% had thousands of spots. Now, the only people that get 120 schematics are the ones that can play minutes before the rankings close for the day.

WRG, it's time to get rid of the top 1% in arena. Just make it so the top 5% get 120 schematics, the top 10% gets 100 schematics, the top 15% gets 80 schematics, etc. Please and thank you.
mpmlaj9izpgc.jpg
4gt6mj35mgk8.jpg
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena participation is down roughly 60% since I started playing. It is making things quite miserable. The reward tiers are due for restructuring.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove it from the daily requirement while you're at it..... :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

That's not my favorite idea, but I might come around if you have a good replacement. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Why do they use an image of Worf swinging a bladed weapon for the arena? 🤔 He looks more appropriate for the gauntlet.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Slick wrote: »
    Why do they use an image of Worf swinging a bladed weapon for the arena? 🤔 He looks more appropriate for the gauntlet.

"Ramming Speed" or "Good Day to Die" Worf would certainly feel more appropriate.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Taelle Far wrote: »

Not in favor of this myself, it doesn't take much time to run the ten battles and you have to run 20 "ship" missions anyway, so I like the "two for one" points of the arena requirement. I'd actually like them to add 5 guantlet runs to the dailies as well.

Rather than restructuring the arena awards (which they probably won't do) how about just flag anyone that gets to #1 at any time in the day, to get maximum schematics? Then it won't matter if you don't stay there until the end of the day.

Adding the gauny to dailies would be HORRIBLE. The gauny is beyond frustrating. If I were “required” to participate in the gauny on a daily basis, that might just be the final straw that kills my participation in the game all together.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Not in favor of this myself, it doesn't take much time to run the ten battles and you have to run 20 "ship" missions anyway, so I like the "two for one" points of the arena requirement. [edit] I'd actually like them to add 5 guantlet runs to the dailies as well.

Rather than restructuring the arena awards (which they probably won't do) how about just flag anyone that gets to #1 at any time in the day, to get maximum schematics? Then it won't matter if you don't stay there until the end of the day.

+1 to most of this, right here. Work on eliminating the time zone bias, to level the playing field.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Not in favor of this myself, it doesn't take much time to run the ten battles and you have to run 20 "ship" missions anyway, so I like the "two for one" points of the arena requirement. I'd actually like them to add 5 guantlet runs to the dailies as well.

1) I think adding the Gauntlet to dailies is a great idea *IF* they do not raises the max dailies required. In fact, they should lower the dailies required to 10, then add Gauntlet. Thus, there are 12 dailies completable, but you only need to do 10 of them.

2) An idea that's been around awhile, for arena: instead of switching places, when your ship wins/looses, you instead simply move back one spot. So, if a rank 450 gets #1, the fomer #1 (and everyone behind them) simply move back one spot.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I like your idea of #1s automatically getting 120 (admiral), for the day, as a potential solve to the arena problem. At first, I wasn't too enthusiastic, as it would mean quite a lot of players get the 120 schematics; but then, I thought, why is that a bad thing?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Hobbs wrote: »

1) I think adding the Gauntlet to dailies is a great idea *IF* they do not raises the max dailies required. In fact, they should lower the dailies required to 10, then add Gauntlet. Thus, there are 12 dailies completable, but you only need to do 10 of them.

I find this a very good idea.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

2) An idea that's been around awhile, for arena: instead of switching places, when your ship wins/looses, you instead simply move back one spot. So, if a rank 450 gets #1, the fomer #1 (and everyone behind them) simply move back one spot.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I like your idea of #1s automatically getting 120 (admiral), for the day, as a potential solve to the arena problem. At first, I wasn't too enthusiastic, as it would mean quite a lot of players get the 120 schematics; but then, I thought, why is that a bad thing?

I don't think we have ever had confirmation, but your number 2 above is how it works right now. When I win to number 1, I only gradually fall back.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I don't think we have ever had confirmation, but your number 2 above is how it works right now. When I win to number 1, I only gradually fall back.

No, you for sure switch places. 100%. You can even test this out, if you have more than one account or a friend willing to play leapfrog with you.

If you're gradually falling back it probably means your arena setup is decent.
  • Options
    I have been talking to some fleetmates and I think this deserves a bump. Dear WRG, arena needs an overhaul, badly.
  • Options
    And while I'm here, it would also be awesome if we got ship beholds, for the schematic rewards, instead of straight drops.