Home Starfleet Communications
Options

Star Trek Day 2021, 55 years and counting- edit 09/08 correction

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Starfleet Communications
rd77msynbd8x.png

Greetings, Captains!

Tomorrow will mark the 55th anniversary of Star Trek's debut on television, on September 8, 1966!

55 years, what a momentous legacy, one that does not show any signs of stopping, and we couldn’t be more proud to be part of the Star Trek family.

Starting on Wednesday, September 8, at 1am ET (5am UTC) we’ll be celebrating with:

- a crew giveaway: the new “Spock and I-Chaya” 5*
This free pack will be claimable in the Time Portal until Wednesday, September 22, at 12pm ET (16:00 UTC).

- three temporary achievements to obtain three additional copies of “Spock and I-Chaya”

These temporary achievements will require to:
- do 200 crew level up
- start 80 space arena battles - edit 09/08
- start 75 shuttle missions

Complete the achievements and claim their rewards before Wednesday, September 22 at 1am ET (5:00 UTC)!

Thank you for celebrating all that is Star Trek with us, don’t hesitate to share what Star Trek means to you on our social channels and our forums.

Here’s what our very own Fury had to say about Star Trek:

“It's funny, even before I got into Star Trek, I kind of always knew I'd get there eventually.
ST:XI in 2009 was what finally did it, and I watched TOS sequentially until I found ST:IV The Voyage Home and its space whale saviors of the planet, George & Gracie.

I was 13 or so in 2009, so the messages from TOS - and then TNG - really rooted themselves in my thoughts. Star Trek showed off a multifaceted complexity in its characters in a way I hadn't really seen in much of the media I'd been into beforehand - Bones was a person with flaws and a real temper as well as an excellent physician, moral reasoner, and confidant.
Spock was this perfect genius but still in his heart a sassy disaster like the rest of us. Data, MY BOY, really resonated with me, and taught me to think about what it meant to be a person in a way I never had before. He kicked off my lifelong love of androids and fictional intelligent machines.

When I look back, I think I can trace a good deal of my personal growth decisions to things I learned on the Enterprise. You don't have to be an archetype, you don't have to be one thing. You can be anything under the stars!”

Live long and keep on trekking!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team