Home Ready Room
Options

Help with clearing Too Greedily and Too Deep

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
I searched the forums (new and old) and the wiki, but was not finding any info to help me figure out the best crew for clearing the 2nd & 3rd locked nodes (plus, obviously, the following MED node, since that's the only choice after that) on Epic of Too Greedily and Too Deep (third mission in Episode 6, Something Rotten). Every time I try to load up crew for that, it feels like I need a 4th crew member to be able to clear it through to the end. Is there a special crew member with just the right combination of traits — one who I don't have, perhaps? — who can easily crit those nodes and finally allow me to clear that mission?

Thanks in advance!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been awhile, but I think you want Changeling Bashir.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    It's been awhile, but I think you want Changeling Bashir.

Interesting. Thanks! A fleetmate also just said they'd cleared the nodes with Agent Janeway, but as I have Bashir (currently at a lower level) and not AJ, I'll give it a shot after leveling him up.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might interest you.
  • Options
    If you get him FE/FF, Duchamps Worf (who is Crafty) has a chance (50%-ish) of critting the Changeling/Crafty security check. However he's going to have a hard time to clear the other SEC challenges since he doesn't have other traits.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Every time I try to load up crew for that, it feels like I need a 4th crew member to be able to clear it through to the end!

I'd take Mirror Phlox and Stamets, if you have them (both given out in recent-ish events, so I'm pretty confident you have them...)

Node 1 SEC: Mirror Phlox (easy, he has a bonus for Exobiology)
    Node 2B SEC: Duchamps (or any Crafty/Changeling)
    Node 3B SCI: Stamets (easy crit)
    Node 4 MED: Mirror Phlox (easy)
    Node 5B SEC: Stamets (his Sec is strong enough, a guaranteed pass if you have a Starbase)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get him FE/FF, Duchamps Worf (who is Crafty) has a chance (50%-ish) of critting the Changeling/Crafty security check. However he's going to have a hard time to clear the other SEC challenges since he doesn't have other traits.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Every time I try to load up crew for that, it feels like I need a 4th crew member to be able to clear it through to the end!

I'd take Mirror Phlox and Stamets, if you have them (both given out in recent-ish events, so I'm pretty confident you have them...)

Node 5B SEC: Stamets (his Sec is strong enough, a guaranteed pass if you have a Starbase)

Hmm... I do have all those crew immortalized, so I'll try that. Appreciate the suggestion!

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the following:

SEC: Aviator Yar 1/5 FE
    SEC: Ardra FF/FE ... she has Crafty and I crit the node in one try.
    SEC: Yar
    MED: Holonovel Doc.
    SEC/ENG: Yar.

Naturally you can easily switch out Yar with someone who has traits to crit the required nodes, but she gets the job done.

Then I also ran ...

SEC: Yar
    SEC: Ardra
    SCI: Degra FE 1/5, he has Inspiring trait, easy crit, first go.
    MED: fail.
    SEC: Yar or ENG: Degra will both pass with one fail.

I'm not sure, but maybe I used RAF Miles O'Brien (Jury Rigger) to clear the ENG nodes (Yar, O'Brien, Doc). I think I ran it 3 times, but cannot remember.

All crew mentioned above are kinda overkill, lots of trait bonuses.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I used the following:
    <snipped for space>

All crew mentioned above are kinda overkill, lots of trait bonuses.

Gracias. I only have a few of those crew, but I'm making a note of that lineup, in case I have trouble with the crew Astrometrics proposed using.

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleared it recently using Cardassian Kira to crit the 2nd SEC (Crafty)/5th SEC (Sabotaur) nodes, Mirror Phlox for first SEC (yeah exobiology) and 4th MED and Princesses Jadzia for the 3rd SCI node (though any high SCI would have sufficed)
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    I have Obsidian Order Garak FE 1/5 and was able to do the mission with him...was a pain, but it worked eventually...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, thanks so much for this. Just tried it again today, as I had extra chrons and was finally going through the early missions to clear as many of them as possible. It worked great with Phlox, Obsidian Order Garak, Stamets, Phlox, and Stamets. Whoo-hoo! :p