Home The Bridge
Options

Fix Platonian Chekov

2»

Comments

• Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t even know the change had happened until this thread. Did I miss the server patch notes or was this one of those “oops” things?

Either way, after almost 6 years, nothing surprises me anymore. In the same vein, I don’t let anything bother me from here anymore. It’s a digital pixel collecting game that, as Game of Thrones Ascent taught us, one day will go away and you and I won’t have access to our pixels anymore. No sense in being worked up or attached.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it didn’t get mentioned in notes that I could find.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurist wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »
    You clearly did not read the disclaimer.

I am aware of the TOS and that game developers usually have the right to alter the digital assets in their products without incurring any liability. That is why I said it feels fraudulent and is tantamount to fraud from the players' perspective. I.e. it is not illegal or even a breach of the TOS, but it is still a gut punch to the game's core players who fund the entire enterprise. No one is talking about actual legal liability, only perceived ill intent and/or poor management and decision-making.

Simple mistakes like a trait added in error are the sorts of things one would expect to be fixed in a few days or weeks at most, not a full 6 months later during which the "error" has acted as a selling point for a super-premium asset. Seemingly minor mistakes causing players to lose value have become a tradition in our game, and those mistakes almost never work in players' favor like they do in most games. Most games I have played in the last couple of decades would have remedied this issue by either a) leaving the trait alone, or b) issuing a statement apologizing for the screw-up and a blanket grant of 4x 5-star citations to anyone who owns Platonian Chekov, plus perhaps an opportunity to exchange Chekov for extra citations or some other arrangement. Here, the remedy is a stealth trait removal 6 months after the fact and a pseudo-mea culpa on the forums as Shan is thrown to the wolves yet again with all the communications responsibility and none of the authority to help. The frustration is not confined to this one issue, it stems from almost a full year of a near-endless parade of similar problems that leave players losing value at every turn and with the impression that we are adversaries, not assets. Feels bad, man.

=j=Jurist
    Space Junkies

After a certain number of repeated "mistakes" it starts feeling like it is either an ongoing QC issue which they have no desire to address with pink slips, or "mistakes" is just an excuse to keep doing it......

Highlighted part of quote to remind everyone Shan is just the messenger and has to convey the message she is given!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    I didn’t even know the change had happened until this thread. Did I miss the server patch notes or was this one of those “oops” things?

Either way, after almost 6 years, nothing surprises me anymore. In the same vein, I don’t let anything bother me from here anymore. It’s a digital pixel collecting game that, as Game of Thrones Ascent taught us, one day will go away and you and I won’t have access to our pixels anymore. No sense in being worked up or attached.

I think people are upset because for many of them, cashy folding money changes hands, based on the announced/displayed Stats and Traits.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Everything in the game is indeed subject to change, and this for a variety of reasons: correcting an error, re-balancing, etc.

That being said it, it is not something we do on a whim just for the sake of it. We do realize there are impacts, especially with traits related to collections.

While we cannot guarantee that there won't be other instances where such a correction is needed, we will increase our efforts in assessing traits more rigorously before a crew goes live, to avoid this kind of situation.

The change to the trait was indeed not communicated, this will be rectified with our next server release notes.

We are working on a collection based on the "resourceful" trait, we hope to have it go live this week.

I appreciate the feedback provided in this thread, having more context is always useful to me when I bring up your concerns to the team.

I'm looking forward to the Resourceful trait collection this week! This is welcome news.

Does this change the announced launch date of the Primal trait collection late this month?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Thx Shan. I appreciate you and the WRG listening and working to make things right for the players.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I am not happy that they removed costumed from Chekov. I think they should have kept it. But if they were not going to add back costumed I am glad they did do something else. I wished to acknowledge that to Shan since Shan did a lot to give us something from nothing. I do implore WRG not to remove traits from released crew again. If for whatever reason they find it necessary a better way I think would be to let the players choose two traits from a list of a few traits to replace it so that the crew would then have an extra trait not just a replacement trait and the players would get input on what the replacements would be. For example, give Chekov Resourceful and Maverick to replace the loss of Costumed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I don’t understand this attitude on the forums, “Shan did a lot to give us something from nothing.” Is there evidence of that or is this just a catch more flies with honey type thing? I get she is the messenger and nothing is personal but I don’t get that attitude.