Home The Bridge
Options

i am deleting my main account and never returning

i am also going to shortly thereafter delete my account here......the harassment from people ingame is simply too sickening to watch and endure

if people wanna go after me here aswell...go ahead i'll be gone in a week anyways so yeah.....

Comments

• Options
    i am also going to shortly thereafter delete my account here......the harassment from people ingame is simply too sickening to watch and endure

if people wanna go after me here aswell...go ahead i'll be gone in a week anyways so yeah.....

just an FYI i am using support to do it
  • Options
    also if you wanna close this right now shan go ahead....but atleast leave it up for a bit so people know why i left and what made me leave
  • Options
    Wow, if you think THIS is the toxic F2P mobile game community...I mean, I don't know you and can't fathom your history or what specific individuals may have done to you, but at least separate the individuals from the game.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a list of blocked 🚫
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    DELETED SINCE OP ESCALATED THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE ISSUE
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having bad experiences like that. Other than a few fleet invites, I can't recall ever being contacted by someone in-game. Although I also don't utilize in-game chat.

If you enjoyed the game before encountering this antagonistic behavior, I bet you can take steps to remove the problem and keep playing. It may be worth taking those steps and then giving the game a bit of a break.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    7sg18ng8wqf3.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    why am i announcing it? because.....you know me better by another name.....one that will no longer be applicable as i will be gone soon

"meltdown mikey" ring any bells?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true that sometimes people can be thoughtless. Sometimes what we say is easily misinterpreted, particularly by those inclined to take offense. Sometimes people lash out harshly when they feal attacked, even if the attack wasn't intended. And sometimes people are intentionally malicious. The fact that it is mostly civil here does not mean it is always great. We can improve, I'm sure. I'm sorry that you have reached this point.
  • Options
    thing is i gave UC thousands of chances to just up and say sorry or mend fences and even went out of my way to try doing so myself none of it even had the slightest effect so i think it best i leave because that in and of itself proves a sign of toxicity and since UC won't change i will just leave which will make the issue a non-issue because i will have admitted "defeat" at the hands of the high and mighty UC

anyways excuse me for a bit while i go thru the process of support deleting stuff this may take a little longer than i expected but expect me gone in a week from now...2 tops
  • Options
    on a sidenote....have fun with the "victory" hope you enjoy it....you harassed and bullied a suicidal, traumatized, autistic person with anxiety and anger issues outta the game

hope you enjoy it i really do.....cause it's worth it if one side enjoys it i guess
  • Options
    anyways i'll stick around and lurk till i get deleted by my own request but i likely won't respond anymore
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...are you okay?
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Sorry to see you go. I have avoided UC since day 1 (Sept 2016) and have found a nice fleet and a group of friends on Discord. I hope you will consider trying some of the different communities before leaving the game entirely. Either way, good luck and I hope you find a game and community that provides the enjoyment you are looking for.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    ...are you okay?

Sent a report of a certain post to see if someone from the Forums can help the right people locate him/her to assist!
  • Options
    Mirror M'ressMirror M'ress ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    alrighty let me clerify i havn't attempted any life ending anything yet but there were times i was SERIOUSLY tempted by all the hate
  • Options
    once this game is out of my life i should be ok as all the BS will be gone
  • Options
    no help will be required but thank you for the concern for my life not like it was ever shown ingame but whatever anyways i hope i cleared things up i am just gonna delete this forum thread now if i can
  • Options
    now i feel kinda bad for posting the well…bye.

hope things will improve with you friend. LLAP🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go as well... I can understand how that must be upsetting, universal chat/UC as others have said is a real problem. I haven’t dove into UC much but the couple times I’ve tried it was not great. Not sure what value it adds to the game. I can relate to you as I felt somewhat similar from meanness etc. at the “main” discord channel. I thought of quitting but ended up deleting the channel and just sticking to my fleet and old fleet, plus mostly lurking here and I’ve been so, so much happier and not felt like my mental health was taking a hit as I did in that channel. Meanwhile I still get to interact in a friendlier way. I have had good experiences on the forum, even though I mainly lurk, but I am especially fond of one particularly nice person on this thread as I think he is very nice (hint his avatar will blow you to high heaven;)). I wish you well if you decide to give it another go, if aspects of the game outside of UC brought you joy, or if you decide to move on. I’m sure you know what’s best for you. Try and keep your head up and it seems a lot of us are happy to talk it out so there’s that if it may help:)
  • Options
    That’s too bad that you feel this is your only option, if like others said, you enjoyed other aspects of the game. UC is notorious for negativity and I avoid it as if it doesn’t exist. You don’t have to participate in UC. It sounds like your experience with the game would be much better if you just didn’t go to UC.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :-)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

You're being more kind than this person deserves. The threat of self harm bullied you into self censorship. Posting the number where they can seek help was the right thing to do. Well done there. But don't let other people make you self censor like this. Suicide is serious. It's not some cudgel that a stranger gets to use to tell you not to say things. If your posts didn't violate the ToS, then put them back up. I know you don't like to offend people. You have good intentions, @DScottHewitt . Don't let other people use your good intentions against you to silence you (unless it's against the ToS).
    Farewell 🖖
This discussion has been closed.