Home The Bridge
Options

stt.wiki down again?

I noticed today, that stt.wiki is not working properly again. Several pages are down with error:[30c42445684418e35a0afdf4] 2021-09-24 09:36:42: Critical Exception „MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException“

Is this temporary, or are we again without game wiki page?
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    I experienced the very same.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about what needs done to the Diplomacy crew list to get it functional again. I know something was said about a split, but how exactly? Alphabetical or Cadets/4 and 5* crew. If it is some tedious, but basic coding (I've done mostly html lately, not sure how the guts of a wiki works), I'd be will to throw in to get that up again.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    koba wrote: »

It's looking like https://sttwiki.org might become the new primary wiki site.
    I'm curious about what needs done to the Diplomacy crew list to get it functional again.

There's a few different options I could see. In terms of a split, either would make a certain amount of sense. If you look at the item list pages you can see an alphabetical split. There's also potential to refactor so that it's not a ridiculously computer-intensive page to generate. Although I feel like at some point it's worth evaluating whether a Wiki is really the best tool for the job (vs, say, one of the many great spreadsheets out there, or DataCore).
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ineffyble wrote: »

I'm curious about what needs done to the Diplomacy crew list to get it functional again.

There's a few different options I could see. In terms of a split, either would make a certain amount of sense. If you look at the item list pages you can see an alphabetical split. There's also potential to refactor so that it's not a ridiculously computer-intensive page to generate. Although I feel like at some point it's worth evaluating whether a Wiki is really the best tool for the job (vs, say, one of the many great spreadsheets out there, or DataCore).

Datacore is probably a better option for things like diplomacy page. One suggestion for datacore I'd make would be to add the option to sort by base, proficiency, or combined. I'm often using the wiki to find top crew for all 3. If you added voyage and shuttle pairs, even better. Yes that's a lot of columns and would need to think about UX.
  • Options
    Alphabetically, there are issues where variants of characters would be on different pages. Using Medicine as an example, "Dark Ages" McCoy and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy come to mind as a good example. Using rarity would do the same, though it might be better in some ways, because the cards of closer comparisons would be together.
    Would creating separate top 25 lists for the various stats (base, proficiency, combined) and eliminating the sort feature make it small enough to auto generate or is the limitation a matter of individual items or length of the base code? I'd assume the list has a finite length, which is the problem, versus finite character length, which does exist, but isn't as common.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Great. Again! ... OK, and could I anyhow transfer my profile from the old wiki? Some old version of that data were only transfered

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options

Great. Again! ... OK, and could I anyhow transfer my profile from the old wiki? Some old version of that data were only transfered

I wouldn't be too hasty. I couldn't get the mirror to work either last night. Then again, it's kind of appropriate for a game that doesn't work right most of the time either.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be too hasty. I couldn't get the mirror to work either last night. Then again, it's kind of appropriate for a game that doesn't work right most of the time either.

Im not hasty, just sad. I vividly remember the last STT wiki transfer from stt.fandom.com page... or else? there were at least two other before. I wanted the wiki to be on some kind of official fandom web, who provides support. but no, they wanted to be independent promising the money for web and domain wont be problem. I was afraid of this. And it happened eventually.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Try sttwiki.org. It's up to date and quick. No ads!
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    [GoT] Ace wrote: »

...and not working.
    Error 503 Backend fetch failed

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

...and not working.
    Error 503 Backend fetch failed

… working:

pezdcd9ymu2g.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

It's not up to date, but close. Effy stopped syncing when Titan "fixed" the wiki from it's last episode, but then he corrupted the database, so Effy started up the backup again and synced as much as possible, but a lot of things were corrupted and couldn't be synced. There's a 2-3 week period where things may or may not be up to date. Like three weeks of my UserPages that I update daily. :(

But in case anyone is wondering, sttwiki.org is the new home of the Wiki. I don't know if Titan will hand over the stt.wiki domain to Effy or not. You'd have to ask him.