Home Engineering Room
Options

Lent crewman - perhaps not counted in mission success roll?

This may well be moot by the time it's checked out, but I think it's worth mentioning.

We have the loaned crewman from our squad leaders, and of course we send him on missions. When the success/failure screen comes up, the loaned crewman is nowhere to be seen.

This makes me wonder if the calculation for the mission does not include the loaned crewman when determining the success percentage. I've received a lot of failures from near-certain missions and a few crewmen have grumbled the same. We're talking the 90+ percent. Of course some fail. But it seems many have failed. Happened at least 3 times now yesterday and today with strong 90+ percentages involving that mission with the lent crewman. Coincidence, possibly. But I noticed during the success/fail screen, that crew is not on it.

The thing is, there's no way to determine since it relies to some extent on a RNG. I'd appreciate a peek in.

Comments

• Options
    I reported this exact same problem 2 weeks ago and my ticket got closed by CS because they "have yet to receive widespread reports of this issue". Here's my thought: this is at least a UX issue and needs to be fixed. It could be that that this display does not mean that the shared crew is not taken into account in the mission, but such a visible bug prevents some of us from trusting that the game is doing the right thing.

In the event from 2 week ago, I settled into a routine where I would run the same mission with the same set of crew including the shared crew over and over. Despite a displayed success rate over 90% it kept on failing for roughly two straight days. It was possibly just bad luck, but I would certainly feel better if the mission completion screen showed all 3 crew instead of just 2. This is black box for us so when what we see something that looks like a bug, it's not difficult to make assumptions.